main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2008 St. Patty's Day Parade & Float Thread-PARADE DAY THIS SATURDAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I think we should have a 45-second Benny Hill-esque scene. Rebels over-throwing Imperial guards, being chased by the Tuskens, Tuskens being chased by Imperials, Luke/Jedi chasing the Imperials and finally fighting the Sith with lightsabers.

2. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    :eek:

Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Oooooooooooooooo, one of these days, BAM! Zoom to the moon! :p

No Zoom, not you. Ya know? "Zoom" like fast motion!

3. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    If you could bring some sabers and blasters, I have no doubt they would be put to good use. I'd be happy to wield one of each. Thanks!

4. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    The bloopers reels I do for the snowmobile DVDs use a keystone kops type music track :) so much fun to see my dad fall off his snowmobile to that music.. and then rewind and play it in slow motion... and rewind and do freeze frames... and rewind again to play at normal speed and splash some smart arse comment on the screen

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    For the people gathering at the museum to caravan tomorrow:

Please park on the right side of the museum, where the big bay area that the Speeder is in.

The area in front of the entrance of the museum is for museum patrons, Saturday is their biggest day.

Thanks

Museum address:

4303 Brighton Boulevard
    Denver, Colorado 80216
    303-297-1113

[image=http://www.forneymuseum.org/images/MaptoForney.jpg]

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    And when you see the building marked "Rogers Warehouse" you will be making a right at the end of that building. :D

7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i found my costume!!

and the pants still fit...so i guess i am doing endor leia or just a endor person you know what i mean...will meet you kids at the parking lot...:)

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Well... I am going to bed, so any other questions/changes will have to wait until morning. :)

9. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    (yawn) boots are done and now some sleep but I am kinda excited so it may take a little while.

G'night

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, costume is pretty much done. :)

I've had a really bad stomach ache all day, but I'm going to try and get to the museum tomorrow. Hope to see you all there. :)

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Departing shortly....

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Ok. Mac is just now in the shower. Hopefully we will be gone in the next few moments

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    we should be leaving in about 20 minutes. i have everything loaded accept my screw gun so we can finish the float

just kidding!

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Have fun guys! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures when you get back. :D

15. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I've set my tv tuner to record the entire parade (provided that tv guide was correct about the time it will air) So I should have some clips to post on sunday :)

going snowboarding and to denver now to drop off a friend at the airport, hope everyone has a great time!

16. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    WOW! What a day! My feet are beat! ...but soooooooo much fun and what a great response by the crowd.

Hope we do it again next year! [face_good_luck]

17. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I watched the whole thing, and no shots of you guys, unless it was during the few times I had to take care of a kid. :oops:

18. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    No, we didn't make the cut this year. They stopped filming about 3 or 4 floats ahead of us (by my estimation). So next year maybe we should try harder to be closer up front.

19. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Yeah, I watched the whole thing with miss Bean shouting, "Where Auntie Pim, Where Auntie Pim!" every 15 seconds. We were both disappointed to not see you all.

PIX! purty please. [face_batting]

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Everyone was AWESOME TODAY!!! Lucky is trying to do me in tonight, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Geeks RULE!

21. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
  22. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Made it back home. Played a little bit of Smash Bros. with the little girl and then somehow passed out until just now. I...have a sunburn. When did that happen? Had fun, though. Float looked awesome, too!

Need to thank Nigel again for letting me crash at his pad. Unfortunately, his vintage pron collection was already organized by the time I made it up on Friday night.

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    What a blast!!!! You guys completely rocked!!!

We definitely need to get our app in early for next year, and get further ahead in line.

Pics are uploading now, but I won't be able to get them up until tonight (got another photoshoot this afternoon), and I spend last night recovering.

24. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005

Glad ya made it up Zoom!

Also, for those of you that ever want to go hiking or such with a stormtrooper, take Zoom, he carries many varieties of chewy granola bars in his back gear. If we put a tap on his back, he'll be perfect! [face_mischief]

I got a sunburn too! on my face. I was getting ready to go see My Girl and I noticed my face was red! Holy Carp!

My feet have recovered. Thankfully!

We soooooooo have to do this again next year!

...and one last thing,

The CW SUCKS EGGS!!!! for cutting us off 2 floats before we were to appear!!!

Oh Yeah! Show the float, if you can call it that, of the trailer that had all the drunks on it with green hats but don't show the best frakkin' float of the parade cuz of American Idol reruns at 5:00!!!!

They Suck!!!!!!

25. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm totally baked too.

And Amy slept for 12 hours straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.