Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by NYCitygurl, Dec 31, 2009.
These are fun every year What are your fanfic goals?
After an almost year long battle with DRL and getting sidetracked by other message boards I waded into the shallows again to get back to my Fanfic. I had left several tales unfinished and even what I was hoping was a one shot that is going to by a two post one shot. Anyway my resolution is to get back to daily fanfic writing and posting.
My list is shorter this year - which is a good thing
1. Finish writing and continue posting Halcyon Fate.
2. Complete drabble challenges on time.
3. Complete the diary challenge on time.
4. Participate in every MMM.
5. Write another story in Before or Beyond.
6. Write a story in NSWFF.
1. Finish Impatience
2. Actually write something halfway decent for the Supernatural fandom.
3. Start a multi-chapter, non-crossover, serious Star Wars story.
4. Do the next UDC for both Star Wars and Supernatural.
5. Start to ship away at 2009's NaNo (technically, not a fanfic goal, but still on the list)
It's not too much, but 2010 will probably be a busy year, so I'm aiming for simple.
Firstly to continue writing. Now for the rest.
1) Update TRRFMLD on time the whole year.
2) Complete Dear Diary challenge on time.
3) Get story about Tsuyo(OC) started and hopefully caught up with TRRFMLD
4) Write at least one non-Star Wars fanfiction work
Not much, but I try not to put too much on myself and this year is going to be a busy one.
1. GET A FANFIC DONE FOR ONCE!
2. Get my OC Ryla into my story.
Hmmm... well, I let the OC Thread go so I could clear my plate...
1) Find more *NEW* favorite authors. Everytime I do, they jump ship just as I'm getting into their story (I'm looking at you Ex )
2) Dive full into Dapen's story. Maybe give him a happy ending for once...
3) Write my own RC story. Karen's gone, so I need my fix.
4) Don't let MsLanna or Nat goad me into projects I know I won't have time for.
5) Write some canon stuff...
6) Enjoy what I write, and finish updates in a timely fashion!
This year, I resolve to actually post the (little) fanfic I've written.
Xan, you totally should!!
I think I'm going to try to make reachable goals this year.
1. Finish at least one more story arc for This Time Around.
2. Write more non-Star Wars fan fic, like the Harry Potter ideas I have.
3. Try completing a multi-chapter story before beginning to post it.
One, two, three... I've got my fingers crossed that this time my resolutions will work.
1. Get fanfic done on time if it's for a challange that has a deadline (for the most part, the fic-gift isn't gonna count on this )
2. Start on that SW/Doctor Who crossover fic I was gonna write with Chewgumma
3. Write more drama, humour and action (although not exactly in the same fic )
4. Improve my action writing
5. Stop relying on others so much to help me with my fanfics
6. Get better at characterisation
I could go on, but that's enough things that I might not accomplish.
1. Write to completion every fanfic I start.
2. Branch out with some new characters.
3. Post on stories I'm reading and read more stories.
4. Stop lurking so darn much.
5. Write a little each day.
Finish Aaquilin and Darrin, including the graphic poem that will have a longer time span (and more Dooku in it)
Finish three diaries
Participate in challenges: fanfiction and fanart
Finish stories that I started last year and the year before that before starting anything else that would be longer than ten pages.
And get better at writing action scenes. *sighs*
Well, let's see
Updating TRIDU continually, and with some luck finish the first part.
Finish something old
More clone and some Mando stories...
...starting after I finished something old.
Not starting a diary.
Goading Ale into many projects.
Finally starting on my other self-insert seriously.
1. Write and complete a multi-chaptered fic before posting it.
2. Not let my excitement get me into challenges I won't be able to finish.
3. Respond to more stories, especially to the ones that I've asked for PM's
4. Work on old stories that need to be finished or reworked.
5. Write more.
6. Do better at NaNo than I did last year.
I don't think these goals are unattainable so hopefully I'll be able to look back next year and see that I did them all!
Edit: A few more that I thought of...
7. Edit and attempt to get I Do, Promise archived.
8. Back up my work so I don't lose it all in the event of a hard drive failure!
1. Get into the archive.
2. Win an award at the fanfic awards.
I think I'll make this one of my resolutions as well.
1. To continue writing and completing stories which I start.
2. To remember to hit the reply button after reading a story which I enjoyed.
3. To try and read and get caught up on some stories which I enjoy on the forums. 2009 was very difficult to allow me time to do this one.
I?m going to continue to push myself to write more outside my comfort zone. I did that a bit last year and it was fun as well as challenging. Other than that, I want to:
1. Participate and finish the next Drabble challenge
2. Finish my two WIP?s
3. Write the conclusion to the trilogy story I started in ?09
Keeping it simple this year since I haven't been writing as much:
1. Finish the fics for the Disney song fic, Disney quote, Beatles song fic roulette challenges.
2. Finish uncompleted MMM fics.
3. Complete another drabble challenge.
4. Work on the epic-type story I started a year and a half ago.
I'll still consider myself successful if I complete at least the first two.
I'm keeping it simple this year.
1. Finish Blue Side. NO REALLY. I MEAN IT.
2. Carry my diary through to completion.
3. Write more original stuff.
Once my work schedule eases up, I forsee much more writing time. For now, I'll just try not to fall over.
-Write that Thrawn-era AU, and take the time to do all of the work behind what looks like a 100K word fic...
-Write that awesome AU that I planned with a friend, and get it posting-ready. Which means more research.
-Finish those drabbles.
-Finish this fic-gift and get it posted. Before the deadline.
-Don't let DRL, especially school, kill me too much. Especially in the reading and reviewing part.
-Write some of those ideas in the back of my head, especially the BSG and Indiana Jones stuff.
2010 fanfic resolutions... Let's see...
1) Finish and post the last part of Recognition
2) Work at least twice a week on The Shadowed Path so that I can keep my updates regular. (I have no excuse for being late with this one since I have a detailed outline.
3) Finish my Kyp-centric NaNo 2009 Novel and post it only after it's finished and polished!!
4) Devote at least 30 minutes everyday to writing. (Must. Ignore. The Wii. )
Hopefully college won't make my goals impossible, but I'm pretty confident that some good ol' willpower will help keep me on track!