main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Nov 8, 2012.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Yes.

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I would say that constitutes "Anything beyond," as stated by Zoo. I don't think we want to push our luck with the parade people, as we're trying to have them actually like us.

3. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I agree ^^

4. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Target is starting to get St. Patrick's Day stuff in their dollar section....... :D

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    My sister is talking about bringing her kids to walk in the parade. I doubt it will happen this year. Maybe if I keep an eye out for tween size costumes I can help make it happen.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks, Jonathan. :) Yup, check out that page for the most up to date info and Q&As. I figured that it was easier to coordinate 4 different groups there, since most people are on Faceborg more than they are on their respective forums.

If you can't get in, you can get hold of me at this account: http://www.facebook.com/obey.wann.9

8. Pink-Floyd

Pink-Floyd Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Hi Zoo,

I was told that I cannot do the parade because it is an official RL event.
    Is that correct?

Thanks

A

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Floyd, the event is open to all RL, 501st and RMFF members. If you want to join us and have a costume (RL approved or not) you are welcome to join us. Some of us RMFF folks will just be wearing SW shirts to show our pride. All are indeed welcome!

10. Pink-Floyd

Mar 29, 2005
    Thanks man.

I'll be there.

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    No, you won't. See your PM at the MG501.

For the RMFF members what don't know what is going on, Pink-Floyd is not some brand new member to the fan community, trying to join the RMFF under a normal "innocent new guy" guise. His name is Az Mansugi, and he has been permanently banned from the Rebel Legion. There is a lot of track record there and at the 501st and R2 Builders Group. We verified his IP address before going forward. Brack, Jeff and I have been trying to take care of this behind the scenes, but Az kept pushing the issue. So here it is. Sorry that he had to bring his drama to the RMFF.

This parade is to be drama free. I do not want people at it who are banned on any of the three groups. It is to be a fun event, and is meant to foster good will between the fan community, as well as to the crowd. We don't need people trying to sneak their way in under a sock name, just to make other groups mad.

If Az shows up, I will have him removed.

Sorry to be such a hard liner, but he kept pushing it and I feel it was disingenuous to the members of the RMFF in his approach.

I will leave it up to the leadership of the RMFF if Az is to be allowed to participate in RMFF-only events, or to continue to be part of the forums here. But if the event is a joint event with the RL, Az is banned and should not be allowed to participate.

12. Pink-Floyd

Mar 29, 2005
    Thank you for that brief introduction, Bill.

I have been a member here since Mar 29, 2005. Just not very active.
    See my profile and computer don't lie.

I am not creating any drama or what so ever. All I'm asking is to be in the parade with the RMFF.

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    And you are being told flat out: NO.

As this is a joint event with the Rebel Legion, you are not to attend. You have been told this multiple times.

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    For information purposes... The event registration is in the names of the RMFF, 501st, RL and MM in Colorado. This event is done under a joint banner, and as such we have to respect the rules of each group. This is not new, as we've been operating this way for at least as long as I have been filing the paperwork (4 or 5 years now).

15. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Thanks for jumping on this, Bill. Sometimes under the radar just doesn't work out.

And thanks, Zoo, for the information. It's good to have these things clarified, especially for anyone newish.

16. Pink-Floyd

Mar 29, 2005
    Cool and thanks for the great info.

^:)^

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Bump! We'll talk about the float and answer any questions at the meeting on Saturday.

Obey Wann, what time should we be there again? Any idea what our entry number will be?

18. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    We won't know staging times until the committee sends us the paperwork. When that happens, OW will have PDFs of all the paperwork and can post the staging times and locations, as well as linking to the maps and anything else provided by the committee.

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks, Zoo.

Generally speaking, IIRC, they unlock the gates to the staging area at either 0730 or 0800. It is wise for those with costumes to get there at 0730 or so, regardless of when and where we are in the parade itself. (Especially if you are going to suit up on scene.)

There are two schools of thought as to where to park --assuming that we even have parking near Coors Field:

1 - park closer to the staging area so you do less walking early on.
    2 - park as close as possible to the end of the route so you do less walking after the parade is finished.

The other thing you can do is to ride the light rail in. Last year, Vader and other 501st'ers rode the light rail --in full armor. It was a lot of fun!

[​IMG]

It was a short walk right into the staging area. The only down side is that it meant a LOT of standing around in full kit.

20. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm sure this will be in the notes from the meeting but............I'll ask anyways. :p

Do we have a date planned for taking out the float and doing any maintenance it might need?

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    When darth_hair is ready...not too soon so it isn't open to the elements, but not too late just in case it needs a bit of work/touch ups.

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Here is the word we were hoping for, and good word it is!!!

Division 1
    Unit 1-17
    Staging Area Address is 117 Limerick Street
    Assembly Time 8:30am

Woohoo!

Please, folks if you were waiting on word on how far back we were, here's your word. Early start!!! No waiting for hours and hours.

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
  24. Sior Knight

Sior Knight Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2013
    I'm interested in walking in the parade, but was unable to make the February meeting. Is there any way I can get in on this event? (I have the garb appropriate already) I followed the FB link but it just takes me to an outlined calendar. Sad times.

EDIT - Apologies. I was so gung-ho about joining in the festivities I didn't realize I have a conflict of schedule that day. More sad times.

25. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Bummer, maybe next year. Our next meeting is on the 24th hope to see you then ;)

FanForced likes this.