main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion 2013 Fanfic Resolutions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by NYCitygurl, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The new year approaches quickly, and what a year it's been! Many people put their writing on hold during our 6-month pizza run. Some kept posting on the temp boards. Some saved it for when we came back!

So, even though we had a big interruption, did you keep any of your goals for 2012? What are your resolutions for 2013?

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010

2/3 ain't bad. Granted, I completed both 1 and 2 with the same fic.

I have a few non-fanfic writing related resolutions and a couple non-writing related resolutions that I think I am only going to have one fanfic resolutions this year: I want to stay active in the fanfic community by writing and finishing the Dear Diary that I have planned this year.

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    1. Finish Dark Tide Book 1: Revelations or In Motion the Future Is

2. Read every Dooku related fic on these forums the moment the Truncation Crisis is over!

3. Write something non-Dooku or non-Star Wars. :)

4. Finish Honor Thy Masters that I've been plotting out for the last year before posting any of it.

5. Write those Minor Roulette stories I signed up to write. XD

6. And last, stick to the Dooku Diary.

Those are mine for this coming year. :)

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll look forward to seeing your non-Star Wars venture on the NSWFF board! :D Any particular fandom?

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Pirates of the Caribbean and Stargate mostly. I've written for those before but it's been a few years. Been wanting to write for Disney's Gargoyles lately though.

This message brought to you by the letter S and by the letter W.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Well...
    1. I did not post the story I've been working on, but I did work on it a little bit.
    2. I guess I did this because I didn't start anything that required any more than one post.
    3. I don't know about reading but I certainly didn't write more... last year was a bad writing year for me.

Mav's 2013 FanFic Resolutions:

1. Write more! (Which shouldn't be hard compared to last year)
    2. Finish and post the story mentioned from last year
    3. Work on some WIP's
    4. Read more

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    1. Write my diaries and add more fanart to them.
    2. Edit my large Siri Wan fic, post and finish it and finish the other large one
    3. Do challenges

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    2012:

1. Try and get to know more people...that is probably why I don't have many reviewers here.

2. Finish a story (only one of mine is complete and that is on FF.net), specifically Sol Hope...that will be fun.

3. Try and make more angst/fluff here. This one is because I have been told my stories don't have enough of either (aside from the aforementioned complete story and it's sequel).

4. DON'T START A NEW STORY!!! (This one is going to be harder than one would think...).

Well, the first one is good. Same with the third to a certain extent. Still haven't finished a fic, and I have started many...MANY...new ones :p

So in that case, I think the only resolution I'll make for 2013 is the same as 2. At least as far as finishing one of my stories goes :p

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    1. Actually finish that multi-post NSWFF story (Star Trek) and start posting.

2. Write another NSWFF story.

3. Finish all the challenges I have incomplete from this year.

4. Write 120,000 words total.

1. I did start posting it, but I didn't finish it 8-}

2. Nope.

3. Nope.

4. 14,000 -- not even close.

Wow, absolutely zero. That's a record of dismal 8-} Partly because of DWB, partly because I took the six months of the temp boards off of writing (because of graduating, stress, and DWB 8-} ).

So I'll go back to a bigger list this year (much the same) and see if I can get more motivated:

1. Finish writing my Star Trek story.

2. Write 120,000 words total.

3. Edit/rewrite/finish my Halcyon trilogy.

4. Finish every challenge I start.

5. Finish and post at least one of the NSWFF stories I have in progress on my harddrive.

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    For last year:

1. Finish my current fanfic which is getting way too long and I have yet to figure out a way to end it.
    2. Try to improve my writing. I am terrible at describing scenes and people. Usually my fics are pure dialog.
    3. Write a Ben & Luke fic
    4. Try to find my muse which disappeared last week. Maybe I will put up missing muse fliers around the boards.

I finished my fanfic Second to None (75K words) and then I turned around and did a diary challenge with an OC from that fanfic (95K words) and now I am writing the sequel to STN. It is like a never ending story.

I bought books on how to write better and I hope I am improving.

I didn't write an exclusive Ben and Luke fic. So I didn't do that one.

And I did seem to find my muse. 3 out of 4 isn't bad! [face_party]

In 2013 I would like to:

1. Write another Diary Challenge
    2. Do some writing challenges
    3. Do more illustrations for my fanfics

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    None for last year that I can remember. Most likely blew them, anyway, if I had any.

As for this year:

1. Finish the Dear Diary Challenge!
    2. Do some more writing challenges.
    3. Revisit my old NANO fic and rework it.
    4. Find my muse. It came back for the Mush Mania challenge, but then went out with some friends and hasn't come home, yet.

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    1. Get my writing mojo back.
    2. Finish The Tristan Betrayal

13. Count_Drabbu

Count_Drabbu Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2007
    2012 writing resolution: A drabble a day, at least two original ones a week (renewed from 2011). Did it and renewing again for 2013.

NEW for 2013: Write one sketch a week. [This week's is already written.]

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Didn't make any fic resolutions last year. Not sure why that was, exactly. However...

1. I resolve to finish (or at least continue) Shaded Prism for UDC 5.
    2. More poetry for Thy Endless Wait.
    3. Write, write, write, and write some more.
    4. Pass my CCBMA exam... again. (That totally is a fic thing.)
    5. Chalmun the Wookiee.

Edit... I have so far kept #4 (passed!) and #5 (as a drabble).

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    1. Write a plot bunny AU that's been dancing in my thoughts that's actually going to be my first Star Wars fic in sometime.
    2. Start reading more actively on the forums. I have always been a fan fic fan before I ever started writing anything.
    3. Start writing more Star Wars fiction. It's always been my first love with fan fiction and I've gotten away from it the past year.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  16. Rau_Fang

Rau_Fang Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I made two promises to myself somewhere in November - 1) I'll start writing/recording music and 2) I'll starting writing stories again.

It's funny how much one creative facility inspires another. I just finished writing/recording a song with my gf and now I want to see if I can see through just one FF story!

Nice to be back here though. I recognize most of you. : )

17. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    My 2011 resolution: My fanfic resolution is to finish and post my Nano project.

Well.... nope. I just got really bored with the story, and I actually ended up sacrificing part of one of the chapters to use as a holiday fic-gift, so I think we can call that a wrap.

This year's resolution: Read the entirety of Fate of the Jedi series... and write a full-length Beyond fic, mostly probably a Luke/Ben thing. I've only ever written in Saga except for a vignette in Beyond, so that's my big stretch.

18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I will make one resolution, since I'm currently working on original fiction:

1. Write a Winter/Leia reunion fic set after Yavin. That story is begging to be told, therefore I will write it until Zahn does. :p

Iverna likes this.
  19. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I... wow, I kept almost none of mine.

I almost did #1, I got halfway to #2, did none of #3, and I did actually start #4.

So, I'll go with the same ones this year, I guess!

20. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh wow, please do! I would LOVE to read that.

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    My 2013 fanfic resolutions:

1. Write, post, and finish something that takes at least five posts. Since my Diary Challenge entry fell through and isn't going to happen, I need to come up with something else; I do have a plot bunny, but may use it for #3 instead if I think I can get the word count up high enough.
    2. Get at least three people to actually read and comment on #1. The two fics I've posted so far (a failed diary from last year and a Moving Challenge entry) each only got one person commenting on them.
    3. Seriously consider an attempt at NaNo. I don't know if I will actually do it, though, since I don't yet know what my life will be like come November.
    4. Forget all of these when I remember that I resolved as a kid to never make any more New Year's Resolutions. :p

lazykbys_left likes this.
  22. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    My resolution last year: Finish one fanfic.

I failed. :(

Resolution this year: Finish one fanfic.

I keep thinking, I'm not really aiming that high... it must be possible to finish just ONE story in one year, right? :eek: I doubt it will end up being Star Wars related, because a different fandom bug has bitten me pretty hard and doesn't want to let go, but at this point I'll still consider it an accomplishment regardless of the fandom... it's been like four years since I completed a story that was more than 5 pages long.

23. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Hi guys first time poster, long time lurker.

My 2013 fanfic resolution:
    - Actually start a fanfic of an AU, that has been inside my head for the last two years.
    - Finish that fanfiction.
    - Have fun doing points 1 and 2. :p

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  24. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    -Finish my Jacen story that I've been working on off-and-on for the last year-and-a-half so I can finally start posting the darn thing. (I refuse to be one of those people who start posting and then....)

25. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Ooh, I'm late.

Oh well. :p
    Goals of last year were to write a few short stories and start writing my AU idea. I got those done, so.

-Finish my epic AU book 1.
    -Start another minor AU which has been bugging me.
    -Update regularly (I'm so bad with this[face_blush] ).
    -Do some challenges and take another writing class to help me out.
    -NaNo, get my ideas back together so I can do better this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.