main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN 2014-08-02 - Barnes and Noble MARVEL day

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Barnes & Noble is having several weeks celebrating POP culture and asked if CHATTOOINE could stop by and visit during some of this. They are pretty much welcoming us to stop by in costume whenever we'd like, but there are a few specific days we want to be aware of.

Frozen Friday will be on August 1st, so come by as any disney character if you want! There will be discounts, give-aways, and other activities all day on Friday to celebrate!

Marvel day will be on August 2nd, and there will be costume contests with prizes! We may have some of our members help judge the costume contests, too! This is the same weekend that we're doing Guardians of the Galaxy, so any of the costumes we've put together for that event would be amazing for stopping by during the day on Saturday before we head over to the theater! There will be special deals, give-aways of Guardians of the Galaxy comics & merchandise, costume contests, and lots more. If you have a Marvel costume, just stop by any time at their store, let them know you're with Chattooine, and entertain the customers with your awesomeness for a while!

On Saturday the 2nd, there will be the 12 and under costume contest at 2:00pm and 6:00pm is the 13 & older costume contest. We may try and get a few of us to help judge the contests, but you're also free to enter the contest yourself! Any of our costumers that come in will once again get a cafe drink (Starbucks!) paid for by the community business development manager as a token of his appreciation! :)

There are also several contests that we can enter the Get Pop-Cultured Sweepstakes from NOOK for a Chance to Win a $1,000 Barnes & Noble Gift Card, a Warner Bros. Studio VIP Tour, Plus Other Great Prizes from the stores. Just ask the store employees about taking a selfie at the store dressed as some character from literature to enter, or you can enter at their NOOK center in the store.

2. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Before heading off to the theater for Guardians of the Galaxy, some of us stopped by B&N to help judge a couple of their costume contests. GREAT response for the kids contest, but the adult one was wide open (guess everyone was at the theater?). Oh well... They missed out on some cool prizes that B&N gave away. Regardless, B&N loved us and we'll be doing a lot more with them in the future...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, more pics can be found here: http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/C... Marvel day at Barnes and Noble?sort=3&page=1

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Just got a message from B&N about this past weekend (and they included these pics).

"Hey guys,

I wanted to thank you all again for coming out and making our Marvel Comics Day a great success! You were all great with the customers and a dream to work with! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and that we can work together in the future. I know you have several pics from that day but I wanted to include a couple of ours. Thanks again, you're awesome!!!

Kelly Flemings
    Community Business Development Manager
    Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]