main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion 2014 Fanfic Resolutions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    My resolution is actually do my 2013 resolution...

Finish my Star Wars fanfiction.

However 2013 wasn't a total loss, I finish the first draft of two short stories, that happen before the fanfiction.

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Hmmm….I sense a common theme…one that I will gladly join…finish my fanfic. Believe it or not, I've been plugging away on it since Aug of '11. Wow, I'm slow!

3. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    Oh my! I've been...bit.

*sound of bunny crunching down on gold-plated forearm*

Hello, folks. How do you do? I'm rather new here, and still getting my bearings. Being less adept at introducing myself than is my estimable counterpart--*points to C-3PO avatar*--I'll dispense with that sort of thing now and get down to cases.

Resolution: The completion and posting of a series of drabbles focusing on one Dame Winter...to, um, thunderous applause. o_O ;)

Kidding aside, I've long been fascinated by the character of Winter. And, though I'm almost glad she's been so neglected in profic ( lest she suffer and suffer...and suffer ), I'd like to get to know her better. So, drabbles. A look into what it must be like to bear a perfect memory. A smoothing of the transition from Agent Winter to Aide and Nanny. The possibility of an AU. And some good ( the author hopes ) Tycho/Winter fluff.

Outlines are drawn; the work begun.

Here's to that elegant lady. May she have her day this 2014.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I will love reading about W/T & I can only imagine the downsides of a perfect memory :p @};-

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Did you read Scoundrels? She had a fairly big role in that book.

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    New Year Resolution: Finish all my unfinished fics that were posted.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Mine's a tribute tale and I hope to get at least 1/4 a draft written.

8. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    Thanks for the affirmation—"...will love reading..." :* And for the rose. It's had me humming all day. ( "Ciribiribin, she throws a rose, and blows a kiss, from up above..." )

I hope I can do the Winter/Tycho stuff proud. I've got a notion that two such reserved people might sometimes get very silly together, with Tycho applying his skill for maneuvering targets to the teasing of his ladylove, once they're comfortable and sure of each other.

Of course, an author could get too enamored of her own notions. Hmmm... Well, we'll see what works.

The other day, I stumbled upon the W/T roleplaying rambles at Milliway's Bar, and loved them. Does anyone here know who the players were? There was one bunny rabbit trail I'd kinda like to follow, but I'd hate to do it without permission.

Yes, thanks, I did! Devoured it, actually, and then read it again. Right now, my copy is riddled with Post-It cues to key scenes. The Han-Winter dynamic, expanded on there, is something I've loved since first reading Heir to the Empire: an absolute, unspoken trust. That'll probably wind up in the drabbles too.

*looses manic grip of thread and gets back to her own scribblings*

Oh dear. Didn't mean to hijack.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  9. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    For 2014 I plan to finish Son of Unveiled Secrets, beyond that I can't make any promises. ;)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Sokolniki

Sokolniki Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2014
    Decided to join these forums to start up my novel project just recently. Mostly wanting to get it off my mind so my head don't explode, but my goal is to finish a story of reasonably believable and well fleshed out original characters while bring to the fore some characters and organizations that seem to only get a mention in books lately.

Namely, Leonia Tavira and her Invidious as well as the Jensaarai.

So my New Years Resolution... finish 300 pages worth of Invidious Intent before next year. Google Docs already has me stated at being on page 10.

TrakNar and Jedi_Lover like this.
  11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    My 2014 resolution is to not make one since I never keep them. :)

Nyota's Heart and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I resolved to actually start writing my fanfic arc, Solo Destiny. I finally have one chapter written and ready for beta! So I guess that was a success :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    My New Years Rsolution is to write 500 words a day. All. Year. NO. Excuses.
    It doesn't matter on which story or if it is for my personal blog (though I mark those days I didn't write 50 words of fanfic), though I'd prefer it to be for the second part of 'The Reason I didn't Update.'
    This is what it currently looks like:
    [​IMG]
    Not all bad.
    And if I keep this, I will hopefully finish the fanfic even if it grows to be 330k like part one again. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.