main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2015 Awards Ceremony - Best New Author and Best Author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
  2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Thank you again! And I have to thank Nyota's Heart for the challenge that inspired the creation of Bree Solo and Doc Blue. They have been fun to write.

Congratulations to all the winners and the nominations. It's been a very good year, with wonderful writers.

Thank you, Mav and Bri, for getting so dolled up and dealing with pilots, ewoks, and cranky droids to put on this fantastic awards ceremony! You ladies are the best. What you do is appreciated.

Gemma, Kahara, Findswoman and 3 others like this.
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    *Ayesha is a bit tipsy after the drink the moisture farmer and Konkers gave her, so she doesn't react so much at the presence of yet another Luke and Mara on stage this time, even though there were five of each in the nominees' waiting room. She starts chatting mindlessly with Blue, Bree and divapilot. Meanwhile, Thrawn shakes hands with Kahara and eyes ThreadSketch suspiciously, waiting for the GIF that's going to hit him. Suddenly Nyota's Heart flings herself at Ayesha to hug her while Han and Leia's Noghri bodyguards rush in, accusing Thrawn of seeking to kidnap the Solo children. Thrawn summons a legion of stormtroopers and the whole scene descends into chaos.*

Congrats to all winners and nominees. We had wonderful relationships in our stories this year and y'all know we wouldn't be anything without our reviewers [:D]

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    YAY!

Now for the beyond awards thread.

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_blush] Wow, I'm chuffed my H/L won. :D Bree is a true and genuine Solo. :) And Blue is a keeper! @};-
    Thrawn/Ayesha - blisses! Major league, rock the house SQUEE! I adore them so much much much!

Congratulations to all the nominated and won reviewers. Your posts are ones I always like to like LOL [:D]

6. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    BUT IT WAS SO ARTISTICALLY DONE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm speechless, y'all. :eek::_|

More congrats for ALL the nom (nom noms) and ALL the winners, and many, many thanks to everyone who read and contributed and hosted...and put up with Wes. :p

GOOD SHOT, JANSON. [face_mischief]

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So many wonderful winners, so many congratulations, so proud of you all, winners and nominees alike! =D=

8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    *Meanwhile, having lost two in a row to Ayesha, Prefect Raissa Baiard yanks a bottle of Corellian whiskey away from her date and takes a hefty swallow. Doran grins at her. "I thought it was an honor just to be nominated." Raissa glares back. "Oh, shut up."*

Raissa the author ushers her unruly characters off, and explains that it really is an honor to be nominated among such illustrious company and the awards were richly deserved. You all crafted characters and relationships that made us care about them deeply. Bravo! =D= =D= =D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "You all crafted characters and relationships that made us care about them deeply." Such a fact! Such. [face_love] [face_love]

10. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    =D= Congratulations to Nyota's Heart, ThreadSketch, divapilot, and Chyntuck, and to all the nominees!

And thank you to whoever nominated/voted for me in the Before/Saga reviewer section. It's great to know that you enjoyed the comments, whoever you are. :)

11. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Congrats, everyone.

ThreadSketch, Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013

I love this -- getting a little one paragraph shot during the comments here --- made me laugh and of course was very unexpected.@};-

And again thanks for the many enjoyable hours of fanfic to all of the authors. I felt truly honored to be nominated in Beyond as a reviewer, honestly - my jaw dropped when I saw my name on the list. Thanks for the vote of confidence in my comments.

And to our Mods --- I was really impressed with this presentation. I thought it was just going to be a posted list --- instead it was like a little play ---so inventive and a lot of fun.^:)^@};-@};-

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    *Mav looks at herself in the mirror, pulling at the giant puffy sleeves of the bright purple dress with green trim, a scoop neckline and empire waist.*

"Well I guess as far as pranks go, this isn't the worst one. And I stand corrected about inviting Wes, he was actually a really great host, we should invite him around more often. And I agree with him about needing Lt. Commander Kettch in the new EU! I mean come on, of anyone that should be included, it's him. "

*Mav looks around and sees no one*

"Oh come on, Wes, can't I have my real dress now? I've admitted you are right. I can't go out there like this, I look like a terrible bridesmaid!"

*crickets*

"Well I guess it's not the end of the world, and things could have gone a lot worse. At least Bri and I didn't need the bail money this year!"

*Mav walks on stage confidently as though she had intended to wear the dress.*

"Welcome to the final day of the 2015 FanFic Awards! Today we'll be announcing the winners of Best Author, Best New Author as well as the voters who voted for the most people/stories who went on to win. Bri and I would like to thank you for your participation and hope you all had fun."

The Nominees for Best New Author are…

Before/Saga

Chyntuck

Findswoman

Kablob

Beyond

ThreadSketch

Sokolniki

And the winners are…

Before/Saga

@Chyntuck

Beyond

@ThreadSketch

The Nominees for Best Author are…

Before/Saga

Raissa Baiard

Lane_Winree

taramidala

Kahara

Beyond

JadeLotus

taramidala

And the winners are…

Before/Saga

@Kahara

Beyond

@JadeLotus

The winners for most winning votes are...

Before/Saga

aleja2

Beyond - a tie

taramidala and JediMara77

"Congratulations to all the winners! Thank you all for another great year! We look forward to the awards next year!"

*Mav starts to turn and walk off the stage, but realizes she can't move her feet.*

"WES!! This is not funny!"

*Mav tries to lift her foot, but her shoes are stuck to the ground. She leans down, grabbing her ankles and tries pulls, to no avail. She then unstraps her shoes, steps out of them and then runs to the side of the stage before her bare feet can get stuck.*

"Bri, I think we may need the bail money after all! "

~*~*~*~*~

A few notes:

The winners of the most winning votes will be receiving 72 hours of colors and will be getting PMs shortly. Best Reviewers will receive a week of colors, you will also get a PM shortly.

Prizes for winners will start soon, but it's a lengthy process so please be patient. See the Awards Guide for how it will work.

There will be a post awards survey/discussion thread started soon (most likely early next week) once we have finished gathering all the data.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations to all the nominees for best new/best author, and to the winners! Chyntuck - JadeLotus -- ThreadSketch -- Kahara -- you have breathed life and marvelousness into the JC. [face_love] [:D] !!!

15. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    AWESOME. :D Congrats all.

*gets out of the thread before the tumblr thingies are posted*

16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, yes, yes! Yet more wonderful wins! Congratulations, Kahara, Chyntuck, ThreadSketch, JadeLotus —I feel so proud to know know you and your work. =D= And many props to all the runners-up, too. [:D]

Felicidades, félicitations, Glückwünsche, συγχαρητήρια, etc., etc.! =D=

17. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    I CAN'T CONTAIN MY JOY.

[​IMG]

Oh man, what a ride. THANKS again and CONGRATS again to all the winners, all the nominees, the Mod Squad, the volunteers and the readers for lovin' our fics and making things fun and encouraging and for putting this shindig together. =D=[:D]@};-[face_dancing][face_party]

CHYNTUCK, LET'S MAKE E-TAMALES. :D

18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    *The moisture farmer and Konkers have been serving drinks all evening. By now even Thrawn and his stormtroopers are a bit tipsy and Ayesha is completely drunk. "Yes, yes - hiccup - the runners-up - hiccup," she repeats, clapping her hands. "And let's get e-tam... - hiccup - e-tamales for everyone!" Thankfully the Noghri are still sober and usher her out before she makes a total fool of herself.*

Gee. Thanks everyone [face_blush] and congrats to everybody, winners and nominees alike. This was a great opportunity to read a whole bunch of stuff I hadn't read before or to re-read stories I already knew and loved.

And above all, thanks to mavjade and Briannakin for organising this and to jcgoble3 and Raissa Baiard for helping out! Is there an emoticon for "standing ovation"?

19. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats to all the winners and nominees, and thank you to the writers and readers and reviewers, to the nominators, voters, volunteers and mods. It is a pleasure to be part of this community and among such talent, dedication and class.

*heads to the bar to hang out with all the Lukes, and receive collective death glares from all the Maras*

20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Careful! You know what happens when Mara gets cranky and possessive at a bar! ;)

21. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Congratulations, everyone! Such a privilege to read everyone's stories!

22. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    :eek: Well, I thought I couldn't be more surprised or flattered by the results this year... and then it happened again. Thank you so much, everyone. [face_dancing]Both for the award and for being an awesome place full of people who enable me in my fascination with Dagoban fauna and in-depth discussions of esoteric Force theory. You are the best bunch of Star Wars nerds I have ever known and I'm fortunate to have crossed your paths. @};-

Congrats to Chyntuck, ThreadSketch, and JadeLotus, and to the nominees. [face_party] You all did fantastic writing this year, and as a regular addict -- umm, reader of your work, I'm exultant on your behalf! =D=

And thank you to Mav, Bri, all the volunteers, and everyone who made this awards work. :)

23. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    A hardy congratulations to the winners, nominees and especially our mods and volunteers for putting this together!

24. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Yes - wonderful congrats to all without you I might have to resort to reading books on my tablets...BTW that's a REALLY BIG compliment to all the authors here winners and nominees. And again thank you to the Mods for making this so much fun.

25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    JadeLotus The Lukes from Delusions of Grandeur and My True Love Gave to Me came without a date ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.