main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2015 Book Club dates

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I don't think you will be disappointed. I loved the book, and while it was labeled as a Young Adult book-- I thought it was a lot more mature than the rest of the Journey to the Force Awakens books out there. I think Grey did an even better job, when I think of how cliched and dumb it could have been given the premise "Romeo and Juliet in Space."

Bloodlines comes out tomorrow (May 3rd), but I am going to sneak off to Books a Million today just in case they ignore sell dates (they usually do).

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Finished it, yeah loved it. Probably my favorite book of the Nu-U.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I think mine too (I did really like Rebel Dawn and Tarkin; but Lost Stars could have been so bad- yet it is so good).

So, I didn't find Bloodlines in stores yesterday, but it is on sale today. I did read that Barns and Nobel has an exclusive edition with a double sides poster. So, because I do not have nearly enough star wars clutter, I will not be getting the book on my lunch hour and will probably pick it up later tonight or this weekend.

This book is getting some for real hype out on the Holonet. Grey said the sources she used for the book were notes GL left, conversations with the Story Group, and input for Ep7 Director Ryan Whats His Face. Looks like, regardless of quality, this will be a key book for understanding the post-Endor galaxy in this new era of Star Wars. It also looks like the book is quality too.

MTFBWY
    Jammies

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Finished Bloodlines and really enjoyed it. Still don't know if I can make book club yet though. Still waiting on my work schedule.

5. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    when and where do you all meet for the bookclub again?

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    At the Barnes and Nobels in Louisville on hustborne. We can post directions if needed.
    We meet at 7:00 ish (i'm never on time), on the first monday of the even numbered month. So, in June we will be talking about Bloodlines on Monday the 6th. Having typed that outloud though, that is the day after my big con "wonderfest." I may need to alter the day.

Any better date? Bloodlines just came out, so it isn't unreasable to meet later in the month anyway.

Of course, reading the book is not at all a pre req. I just want folks to be able to have fellowship and talk the wars.

JediLightside1966 likes this.
  7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry haven't responded, been on vacation for the last week (more on that later) so I still don't have my June work schedule yet. I go back tomorrow and should know more after that.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Cool.
    I'm not trying to break with our tradition this month. Far from it, I just want to find a day that will work best for all. Plus, give a few more days to finish the new book.

I say that so Light side thinks I'm organized, and will join us. He can learn the truth later.
    Also:
    Wow and what a book!

If anyone needs a copy pm me.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Got my work schedule and if nothing changes I'd be good the next Monday the 13th or even that Tuesday the 14th. Or even the following Monday 20th. Just say the word.

10. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    i just got the juvenile book before the force awakens, anyone have that one?

11. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    ill try to join you all soon, just been busy lately.

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Can you join us on any of the Mondays mentioned above?
    Hope so.

And no, havent picked up the jr novel yet-- but that and the jr books for the OT are on my to read list.

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Lets plan on the 20th. Cool?

Hopefully, Lightside, you can join us.

We will talk about Bloodlines! What a heck of a book! Only think I love more than politics is Star Wars Politics!
    A vote for Senator Organa is a vote for Vader!

14. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    i have anothter commitment for that night, but please keep me in mind for August.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll see you the 20th!

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    bump!

come out and talk the warz, and who should be First Senator.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Great to see you last night and spend a couple of hours talking random Warz topics as well as discussing the book.

18. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    what is August's book?

19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Good question Lightside!

In honor of your birthday, we will read "Choices of One," and discus it on the first Monday of August.
    Really hope you can make it.

-Jammies

JediLightside1966 likes this.
  20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like I'll be able to make it...August 1st yes?

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yes. (I'm sorry, I didn't have a calendar out a post ago). August 1st.

22. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    ill really try to make it on August 1st then, im 1/3 through the book right now

23. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    i finished the book on july 3rd, im ready for the choices of one book discussion now.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Excellent! I'll have to pull up my copy and refresh myself as well.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Awesome!
    Dare I suggest reading Allegiance, the first book of the Hand of Judgment duology?
    I will mention both next month, so I don't want to steal my own thunder: but if you liked the Hand of Judgment it may be neat to read about their defection from the Empire. I do think Choices to be the better book of the two.

Looking forward to meeting you soon Light side!