main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2016 FanFic Awards Guide & Announcements Thread | Thread now locked

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oops, sorry, I missed that one [face_blush] As Finds said, it can be a sticky thread advertising your fics provided by the mods, but also a user advertising your fic(s) in their signature for instance.

I'm in the street now so I can't reply on the number of participants this year, but I can say that we did better than last year. I'll have detailed stats by era in the post-ceremony discussion thread.

And thanks :)

2. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Something I'd be very interested to see in the post awards discussion stats is an indication of how much cross over there is in nominators/voters in different eras. Eg: if there's 17 nominators in before and 17 in Beyond, is that because there's only 17 who engaged overall, or 34 overall, or somewhere in between?

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Interesting that the announcements should begin on 8 May, otherwise known as V-E or Victory in Europe Day. :)

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    That awkward moment when people expect a Greek to give them statistics... :p I'll try to be as detailed as possible without giving away who voted for what.

Off to re-check the final count. The ceremony thread should be up in a couple of hours.

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aren't we supposed to beware of Greeks bearing gifts? Or maybe it was gifs?

Valiowk, pronker, Sith-I-5 and 5 others like this.
  6. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Prepare yourselves, everyone. Plot bunnies are coming!

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Beware of Greeks. They will sneak in your closet while you're out on the beach, in order to find your mother's underwear size in order to buy her a gift for Panaghia (sp?).

#truestory

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Annia Piet

Feb 7, 2015
    Thank you Chyntuck !

Genuinely curious now - is there a 'thing' about Greeks and statistics? As a Brit, I've never come across that cultural stereotype

Chyntuck likes this.
  9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    ;)

[face_laugh]

[face_rofl]

"Greek statistics" are the figures about the state of our public finances that we gave to the European Union to accept us in the Eurozone. Just... yeah, just don't trust Greek statistics, okay?

Findswoman , yahiko, jcgoble3 and 4 others like this.
  10. Annia Piet

Feb 7, 2015
    Ah, I know exactly what you're talking about now! :D Rather relevant given our referendum on the EU (not the Star Wars one!) that is happening here shortly!

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I have been to Rhodes, Greece and enjoyed it very much visiting the castles there and the culture.

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The best places are those nobody's heard of, though. And I can't wait to go back to mine, even if I'm dead broke afterwards. It's the kind of a longing I can no longer subdue.

Chyntuck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.