main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2016 FanFic Awards | Voting Thread for Beyond, ST & the Random Award | Now closed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    WELCOME TO THE VOTING THREAD FOR THE BEYOND AND SEQUEL TRILOGY ERAS!
    Closed 27 April 2016
    Voting for Before and Saga is now open until 06 May 2016, see this thread.

Below are the voting rules and those nominated for awards in the Beyond and Sequel Trilogy eras as well as the Random Award. Please read carefully and then send in those votes!

Please do NOT post your votes in this thread and do NOT send them to me.
    Send them instead to the appropriate sock following the procedure described below.

Remember, there are colours for the person who sends in the most votes across all eras :D

Voting dates: From Sunday 17 April to Tuesday 26 April at midnight PST.

Voting for: The Beyond and Sequel Trilogy eras, plus the Random Award.

Please remember that Beyond and Sequel Trilogy are separate eras, each one with its own categories and nominees, and that you should vote in each era separately.

You may choose to vote for the Random Award now, or you can vote later when you send in your votes for Before and Saga.

GENERAL VOTING RULES
    • You must send your votes by PM to the relevant sock. Any votes sent to the wrong sock/person will not be counted.
    • You may vote for only one nominee per category.
    • You do not need to vote in every era and category if you do not wish to do so.
    • Anyone is eligible to vote, whether reader, writer or lurker.
    • You may not vote for yourself. This includes stories that you co-authored.
    • Anyone caught voting multiple times with a sock will be banned and no longer eligible to participate in the awards in any way.
    PROCESS TO VOTE FOR BEYOND

1) Head over to the Beyond & ST Excerpts and Synopses Thread to read more about the nominees.​
    2) Click here to open a PM convo with the Beyond Awards sock (Beyond_Fanfic_Awards) and type “2016 votes” in the title bar.​
    3) Copy-paste this post in your PM, delete the nominees you don’t want to vote for and keep only those you’re voting for.​
    4) Make sure you don’t delete the category names! We won’t be able to figure out what you’re voting for if you do.​
    5) Please do not change the order of the categories! It will make vote-counting more complicated if you do.​
    6) Click “send” :)

PROCESS TO VOTE FOR SEQUEL TRILOGY

1) Head over to the Beyond & ST Excerpts and Synopses Thread to read more about the nominees.​
    2) Click here to open a PM convo with the ST Awards sock (ST Fanfic Awards) and type “2016 votes” in the title bar.​
    3) Copy-paste this post in your PM, delete the nominees you don’t want to vote for and keep only those you’re voting for.​
    4) Make sure you don’t delete the category names! We won’t be able to figure out what you’re voting for if you do.​
    5) Please do not change the order of the categories! It will make vote-counting more complicated if you do.​
    6) Click “send” :)

PROCESS TO VOTE FOR THE RANDOM AWARD

1) Head over to the Before & Saga Excerpts & Synopses Thread to read more about the nominees.​
    2) Open a PM convo with Anakin Solo Revanchist AND Chyntuck and type “Random Award Vote” in the title bar.​
    3) Copy-paste this post in your PM, delete the nominees you don’t want to vote for and keep only the one you’re voting for.​
    4) Click “send” :)

Remember, you may vote for the Random Award now, or during the Before and Saga voting period.

As usual, you may ask any questions you have in this thread, or in the Awards Guide and Announcements Thread.
    Please do not post questions here pertaining to an individual fic, as it could be construed as advertising.​

HAPPY VOTING!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  2. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    BEYOND VOTING FORM

Best Alternate Universe

Last of the Empire by Admiral Volshe

Play your Hand by Annia Piet

There is Another by JadeLotus

Journeyer and Empress by Onderon1

A Letter from a Naboo Handmaiden to her Daughter by taramidala

Best Canon

Beauty Enough by aleja2

Like Stone by Annia Piet

Elegy by ThreadSketch

Best Humour

The Most Joyous Spot in the Galaxy by divapilot

Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: The 'Hand of Thrawn' Diary by Hazel

Corellia Day by JadeLotus

The Corellian Roundabout by jcgoble3

The Wager by Jedi_Lover

Best All-Around

A Frivolous Holiday by Annia Piet

Chrysalis by JadeLotus

I, Warrior by MasterGhandalf

This Little Light by Revanfan1

Danni's Quest by SiouxFan

Invidious Intent by Sokolniki

I'll Come With You by ThreadSketch

Best Epic

The God of Second Chances by divapilot

Fragile by pregnantpadme

The Fields of Tesserone by Vehn

Best Short Story

Beauty Enough by aleja2

A Letter from a Naboo Handmaiden to her Daughter by taramidala

Elegy by ThreadSketch

Best Series

The Blue/Bree Series by divapilot (All I Have to Give, The God of Second Chances, True Blue)

The Luke/Mara Holiday Fic Series by JadeLotus (My True Love Gave to Me, Celestial Love, Chrysalis, Corellia Day, First Date, Heavy Petting, The Garden of Unearthly Delights)

The Rebirth and Restoration Series by Revanfan1 (Masters of the Force, Restoration of Darkness)

The Tainted Ties Series by Tony Mancosu (Tainted Ties, Tainted Ties - Act Two: Rise & Decay)

Best Interpretation of a Canon Character

Firmus Piett in Last of the Empire by Admiral Volshe

Mara Jade in Beauty Enough by aleja2

Sabé in A Letter from a Naboo Handmaiden to her Daughter by taramidala

Best Original Character

Melinda Rotham in After Her by EmeraldJediFire

Zebula Pavish in Strength of Will by JadeLotus

Talon Tantiss in The Journal of Talon Tantiss: Jedi Knight and Reluctant Vornskr Owner by Jedi_Lover

Best Villain

Mishy Lakaylor in Undeniably Evil by aalagartassle

Cyrax in Dark Currents by Darth_Furio

Darth Nephros in Dark Currents by Darth_Furio

Ren'Vhan in Invidious Intent by Sokolniki

Eulian Tratzel/Darth Sceptaurus in Tainted Ties by Tony Mancosu

Lumiya in The Rising Threat by whiskers

Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus in The Truth behind the Lies by x_SwordoftheJedi_x

Best Canon Relationship

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Counselling by Annia Piet

Lando Calrissian and Mara Jade in Like Stone by Annia Piet

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Chrysalis by JadeLotus

Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa in Elegy by ThreadSketch

Best Original Relationship

Blue and Bree in The God of Second Chances by divapilot

Luke Skywalker and Melinda Rotham in After Her by EmeraldJediFire

Talon Tantiss and Zylie Karrde in The Journal of Talon Tantiss: Jedi Knight and Reluctant Vornskr Owner by Jedi_Lover

Elena and Lydia Shelvay Notes for When You Are Older by Kahara

Jaina Solo and Rian in Trickster's Leap by Onderon1

Best Author

divapilot

Falcon

Kahara

ThreadSketch

Best New Author

Admiral Volshe

Annia Piet

Count Malvern

jcgoble3

TheLastTalon

Best Reviewer

divapilot: A dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic reviewer. She is so thorough and kind, and always raises your confidence.

Gemma: Comments on a range of stories, and takes an interest in the characters and their relationships. She is quite active and cheers people on and on. When you see her avatar, you know you'll be seeing it again in the thread.

Irish_Jedi_Jade: Gives thoughtful and in-depth reviews. She is enthusiastic in discovering new L/M stories, and shows immense kindness in supporting their authors.

JadeLotus: Comments on a wide selection of stories, and always finds the details in a story that you hope a reader will see. She is enthusiatic, thoughtful and encouraging. Always interested to see what she has to say.

Sith-I-5 and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    SEQUEL TRILOGY VOTING FORM

Best Speculation/Spoiler

Red Five by JadeLotus

Shadow Prince by Onderon1

Rey's Sunrise by RX_Sith

My Father Has It by taramidala

Best Post-Premiere

The Greater Good by DarthIshtar

Royalty by divapilot

A Rough Trade by Ewok Poet

To Make Things Right by JediMara77

Remains of a Memory by Sara_Kenobi

The First Steps by taramidala

The Jedi Begin by ZaraValinor

Best Legends Inclusion

Reunion by Carlos Danger

The Shadow of Fate by JadeLotus

Old Soldier by LadyPadme

Shadow Prince by Onderon1

NRI: Denon by Revanfan1

Best Character

Lor San Tekka in Royalty by divapilot

Luke Skywalker in A Rough Trade by Ewok Poet

Valara in Red Five by JadeLotus

Leia Organa in Old Soldier by LadyPadme

Rey in My Father Has It by taramidala

Best Relationship

Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa in The Greater Good by DarthIshtar

Luke Skywalker and Valara in Red Five by JadeLotus

Luke Skywalker and Rey in The First Steps by taramidala

Luke Skywalker and Rey in The Jedi Begin by ZaraValinor

Best Author

divapilot

JadeLotus

Sara_Kenobi

taramidala

ZaraValinor

Best Reviewer

divapilot: A thoughtful, observant, and insightful reviewer who reads beyond the surface of a story and draws fascinating conclusions. She is consistent and encouraging.

Ewok Poet: Her reviews are detailed and interesting and look way beneath the surface of whatever she's reviewing. She tends to come up with some really fascinating speculation as well as references to relevant things from other stories, films, music, historical events and personal experiences. That makes her comments a lot of fun!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart): Her unbound enthusiasm makes her a real cheerleader for authors. She reads a wide range and has reviewed most of the stories in this era. She has a talent for homing in on character interactions and the positive aspects of a story.

Sith-I-5, Ewok Poet and yahiko like this.
  4. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    RANDOM AWARD VOTING FORM

Note: Nominators may not vote for the award/story they nominated -- as they stand to win colours too, it would be akin to voting for themselves.

Frozen by divapilot -- nominated for Best Diary Entry From Inside Carbonite by Sith-I-5

Frozen by divapilot -- nominated for Best Stasis by Ewok Poet

Breakfast on Yavin IV by Jedi_Lover -- nominated for Best Sleepwear by Annia Piet

The Galactic Correspondent by Kahara -- nominated for Punniest Character Name/Best Reference to a Central American Amphibian by Raissa Baiard

Was NOT Part of the Plan by Lady_Misty -- nominated for Wackiest Character Origin Theory by Findswoman

Sith-I-5 and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    I want the same awards for French fictions :p

pronker and Chyntuck like this.
  6. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    The good news: we already have 14 voters in the first 4 days!

The bad news: we're counting the votes faster than you can send them.

Keep the votes coming :)

Kahara, Findswoman and yahiko like this.
  7. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm looking for the voting thread about Before, Saga and Random fics. It seems it does not exist. Am I wrong?

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Check the guide for the schedule. Voting for Before and Saga starts when voting for Beyond and ST/A ends. :)

9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Voting for Before and Saga will begin on 27 April, so there is no voting thread yet. If you are looking for the excerpts and synopses thread for Before, Saga and the Random Award, it's here.

EDIT: Ninja'ed!

10. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Only 4 new voters since Thursday? Pffff. We can do better than that.

It's Sunday! Take advantage of your lazy day at home (hoping that you're getting one) and vote!

:)

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Elections and awards don't sit well together. Therefore....anybody not in my country should vote :p That rules out about seven million people, so the rest of the planet has no excuse! Vote! Show us what you like! :) Tell the world, tell the world! GAUDEAMUS IGITUR.

Kahara, pronker and Findswoman like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    If you mean four voting forms, that shouldn't count as "four votes".

A lot of votes on one of those things.

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm taking about voteRs -- individual people who sent their votes in one or both of the eras. We're up to a total of 18 now, but I'm sure there are more lurking in the shadows :p

Findswoman likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    :oops:

Sorry, I missed the 'r'.

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  15. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    Chyntuck This would have been easier if there were only one nominee per category #EmpireStyle

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Some were made easier, where authors did not supply excerpts, and some did.

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, people! We are now at a total of 20 voters across the Beyond and ST/A eras. Do you think we could bring it up to 25 in our last day and a half of voting? Maybe? Kinda? Sorta? [face_batting]

18. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Let's remember that the Random Award is a thing, too! So far only 4 votes for Random Award nominees have come in. Voting for the Random Award will carry over into Before/Saga, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to sit on your hands until final day :p

19. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Another reminder, along with the approaching deadline for Beyond and Sequel: you don't have to vote in every category.

If there's only one category you want to vote for in an era, send it in! Although there are voter awards this time for those who vote for the most categories, we're more than happy to count short lists too. It's not like finishing your plate at the dinner table. Whatever you have time for is good. :)

20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Bedtime for me I-) For those of you who are still awake, you still have just over 10 hours to vote!

yahiko, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.