main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lou, KY 2017 Book Club Dates

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Jan 10, 2017.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey could you bring some assorted small greeblies with you to club for me? I see some fans are customizing their phones to look like in universe data pads for their visit to Galaxy's Edge. Do I plan on going anytime soon? Nope, but eventually. Heck, by that time I'll probably have a different phone but it's not too early to plan.
    https://datapadbuilders.club/gallery/

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I got ya Boss. :)

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Hope to see everyone TONIGHT at 7:00 at Barns and Nobels for Book Club!

Don't worry if you didn't read the book, we just like to see your face!

Jammies

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Enjoying Alphabet Squadron. I like Star Wars books that aren't centered on the main characters...it raises the stakes a bit I think, I don't know who is going to live or die.
    Book Club Monday August 5? I could make it.
    Also picked up the latest Thrawn book hard back at Barnes and Noble just for the exclusive mini poster of a fem Chiss Admiral.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Good Zahn/Thrawn interview

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yup, the 5th, unless we need to reschedule.

Still working on the book, and Stang .. talk about bodycount. The author raises the stakes, then burns pilots on the stakes, then kills the ashes with the stakes, then kills those stakes too.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    icanhasgreeblies pleeze?

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Of course! Just don't let me forget again!

/stang, 150 pages left.

9. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Okay, looks like I missed last book club due to life getting in the way. When is the next meeting and what is the next book??

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    First Monday in October which is the 7th? (and I can make it). I think Jammies and I decided on Thrawn:Treason by Zahn. At least I hope so since that's what I read. Nothing decided for December yet. Maybe something Galaxy Edge or movie related?

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Stang, I now work late on Mondays. (and Oct 7 is a Monday).

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Right now I'm free any other night that week. What works best? And we can discuss what night you want to change future book club meets to. With my work schedule it's always a toss up if I can make it anyway.

Extra Credit:I read Black Spire by Delilah Dawson and LOVED it. (and enjoyed the references to Palob Godalhi)

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    After some discussion with Jammies this month we'll be meeting one day later on Tuesday the 8th. Future meetings to be discussed.

14. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Roger, Roger

15. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    All hail Waru!

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Good meet. December's book is "Resistance Reborn" by Rebecca Roanhorse (release date November 5).

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just started reading Resistance Reborn. Does the first Monday of next month (Dec 2) work for everyone?

18. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Works for me

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    There are some nice EU references in the new Galaxy's Edge cookbook. I'll have to remember to spotlight them at book club this Monday December 2 (hint hint).

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Good meeting of the Mandalorian Fan Club...I mean the book club. In addition to the book (which I had some problems with the timeline of), we discussed the Mandalorian, the Galaxy's Edge cookbook, our Rise of Skywalker outing, last month's GalaxyCon and next year's Lexington Con (which is shaping up to be our own version of Star Wars Celebration). February's book(s) will be the classic Lando trilogy.
    As I was leaving the store I saw they had Star Wars socks with the old READ posters art I grew up with so I had to get a 3-pack. They also had Tshirts with the same if anyone was interested.

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  22. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Del Ray sent this out on the 9th:

"Good morning friends. Recently some readers identified a serious printing error with their copies of the Crystal Star. We're working on fixing the error. In the mean-time if you purchased on of the error copies, you should work with the bookseller to get a replacement. Thanks!"

What could the "serious error" be, and was it worse then what the book is normally? Is Waru to blame? I need answers.

All Hail Waru!

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    All Hail Waru!

I'm only a couple of chapters into Lando and...I like it. Has a lot of humor, a lot of sarcasm and I really feel like they've captured Lando's voice. We'll see if the story/plot is as good.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    If you have an interest in statistics, permutations and combinations of the number 78, come to the Book Club this Monday night as we discuss the classic Lando trilogy.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, that's funny Boss. :lando:[face_laugh]