main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2017 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jan 1, 2017.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i am doing terrible. i am basically made of beer and cheese.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Today is the first day this week I haven't drunk at least half a bottle of wine. Chocolate and ice-cream consumption are also on the rise.

I did run today, which is something I guess (and I'm choosing my running shoes based on how well the soles grip on slightly icy pavement - I do not want to fall and break something). I can't remember the last time I tried a chin-up.

Sarge likes this.
  3. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Lose 4 more kilos so I can fit into a slim fit size 44 suit. Current at size 46.

I've already started by not having sugar in my coffee - i'm actually liking the taste better than when I had sugar. Lattes seem creamier.

4. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    So I beat my bench press record today. I didn't hit my end of the year goal, but I benched 215 lbs, which is more than I ever have before. Not terrible for an old fart. Gonna try and push 250 by my birthday.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't really have any specific goals, I've been running a lot more lately...I would like to do some more yoga in between though. I'm mostly trying to figure out some nutrition switches since I'm cutting down to less alcohol (I don't really enjoy it as much anymore), and I'm slowly switching to vegan (long list of boring reasons). I'm basically becoming a monster. I'm using a lot of soy based replacements so I need to find different kinds that aren't soy so I'm not overloading on that.

anakinfansince1983 and tom like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There will be a new discussion; I’ll start it on Monday. We’ll spend Monday and Tuesday getting through the smart***es who always post that their goal is “not to die,” and we can talk about our 2018 goals in between.

I had been doing Weight Watchers and lost 12 pounds but put it aside for the holiday; thankfully I’ve only gained two of those pounds back. I guess I say I’ve put it aside but I still had the “yeah, I really don’t need that second helping or that large a portion” in my mind. I’m going to pick it back up again in January and try to take off 5-10 more pounds.

I started running every day on Thanksgiving, a mile in the morning before work and between two and four miles on my off days. It’s been much better than trying to do a couple of longer runs per week or trying to run after work.

7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I've resorted to stretching my neck and back by hanging from the top of the door frame. Nice thing is, it helps with the arthritis pain.

Hopefully, I won't bring one of those door frames down (as I killed a door frame back in my teens.)

Keeping positive is the number #1 priority along with going more green again in my diet.

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Over the holidays, it's crazy to try to lose weight. A more realistic goal is to try to get through the holidays without gaining much weight. Enjoy life this week, and get back to business next week when there aren't hordes of family and friends pushing food and drinks at you.

9. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Main goal this year was to get a new PR in the half marathon. I got did that along with ones in the 5 and 10k. Didn't go into the year at all with a mileage goal but will finish the year with a little over 1,100 miles run. About August I figured I could hit 1,000 so that was a mini-goal for the rest of the year.

Goal next year is to do another full marathon and work on stretching more. I have the flexibility of a steel pipe.

10. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    I'm new to this forum, but...

At the beginning of the year I just wanted to look good enough at the summer beach/pool season so as not to embarrass myself, and I felt I met that goal. Went to some water parks and a couple of times to what I called a water rave/club in Tokyo and had a blast!

Something I didn't imagine happening this year was being convinced/helped into cutting out soft drinks from my life. I'd never gone more than, say, half a week without soda, but thanks to some dedicated/loving people in my life, I've gone the second half of 2017 without a soft drink. And I feel great!

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You’ve fit right in. What we do in each year’s Fitness Goals thread is talk about things that we are doing or want to do to improve our overall fitness, and encourage and support each other. Hope you’ll join us in the 2018 thread. :)

Master_Lok and Bosozoku27 like this.
  12. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Pretty happy with the 2018 fitness thing. I didn't work out too hard because baby>>ALL but I have been walking a lot and doing post-natal Pilates. Final tally has me at 3 pounds lighter than my pre-baby weight! I am still lacking some of my muscle tone with a bit of a tummy but not too shabby considering I was carrying a mini-me 8 months ago!