main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That was a great championship game! Even though Bama won.

I thought Bama was going to lose when they missed that field goal in the last minute of the game, which lead into OT. And in OT after that first down sack by Georgia, I thought the game was over. No way was that Tagovailoa, the true freshman (could have been a drinking game with the amount of time "true freshman" was said in the game), would get Bama a touch down, much less a field goal after taking a sack. But got to give credit to Tagovailoa as he read the defense and wanted to look off the safety. In his post game interview, Tagovailoa said he could hit the outside WR if he could move the safety. He really didn't move the safety per se, but he froze the safety long enough to where the WR was wide open down the sideline. Incredible poise and composure by the true freshman after taking a sack in a high pressure moment as there are some NFL QBs that would crumble under that pressure. Tagovailoa is going to make the Crimson Tide scary next year at QB as it opens up their offense.

I feel sorry for Georgia, but hats off to the tide.

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    My question is why Tua wasn’t starting the whole year outside of being a true freshman? I know Jalen has put up a lot of nice numbers but Tua is the better pure passer.

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Nick Saban seems like such a dick, I guess it's fitting he wins in a time when Trump is prez and KD cuts to GSW for a ring. But a great QB move and mad props to Tua, kid stepped into incredible circumstances and made some incredible plays. That's part of what makes college football (and sports in general!) fun and he turned that game into a crazy one.

I wanna say Nick Bosa sends him into whatever is beneath the turf at Mercedes-Benz stadium though. C'est la vie, maybe we'll see next year!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    6 national title rings, still can't recruit a kicker.

Always leaving himself something to work for, I guess!

cubman987 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Did you end up going to the hospital in flip - flops?

heels1785 likes this.
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Speaking of, mad props to Rodrigo the Georgia kicker too...dude was NAILING his ****

Feel better dude! At least all your ligaments are intact :_|

heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks, Lloyd. @Juliet316 - I was decked out in work clothes, so no flip flops. :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Sumlin to Arizona. I think that's a fantastic hire for the Wildcats

heels1785 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Can't re-post Ryan Leaf's sentiments on this, but they are really powerful.

Depression is ruthless and does not discriminate, many of us know that all too well. Look out for those around you.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Was depression the reason for the suicide? I did not see anything in the article noting that was the cause. In any case, from the outside, it's hard to imagine why a young person like Tyler Hilinski would want to end his life when it would seem the world and life still has much to offer no matter how bad life seems to be.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    We'll probably never know all the reasons, but depression absolutely has to be a factor. Question is what factors triggered the depression and cause it to be such a degree that he would want to take his own life?

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    @Rew - you see Connor Shaw took a position on the Furman staff? Tight Ends coach, I think.

I could easily see both he and Lattimore ending up as head coaches one day.

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Oh, I didn't see that--good for him! I'm still kind of steamed on his behalf though that it didn't work out with the Browns.

Maybe the Browns would've won a game this season if they'd given Shaw more of a chance. ;)

PCCViking, Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Cool bye, I never really liked that dude and Larry can step into his role yeah?

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. I'm not upset in the least.

I mean. I was kinda upset when Tennessee decided to not hire him. But more laughing at Tennessee.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    heels1785 and LloydChristmas like this.
  18. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Interesting offseason "What if?" about the current National Champions

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    A fantastic hypothetical question in today's SI.com Dear Andy Mailbag:

If you could clone one player in College Football history one time to get a full 85-man roster, which player would you pick?

I'm going to need a little time to answer, but I promise I will provide my answer - likely to be a Buckeye.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    College Bo Jackson?

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    cam newton for me. fast enough to cover, big enough to tackle, fast enough to run, and passing ability to keep defenses honest.

dp4m likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Cam Newton / Vince Young/ Terrell Pryor all seem to be in a similar mold for what's going on there. You have to give up something in order to get there. Probably the right answer if we're being honest is someone in that mold.

I kind of want to go outside the box with Orlando Pace who I maintain is the best the college football player I've ever seen. Yeah, my secondary is going to get absolutely torched, but have you seen my pass rush? And my ability to run the ball? I'm going to bleed the clock and run every down, and dare you stop me. Four yards and a thunderstorm of dust, baby.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Sounds like it's time to fire up Madden...

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

heels1785 , dp4m and LloydChristmas like this.