main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 2018 Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316 , Jul 13, 2017.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I LOVED that American Vandal got an Emmy nom. Who says the Television Academy doesn't have a sense of humor?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Glad Matthew Rhys won (well deserved), but I agree with not enough love shown for The Americans overall, such a great show.

I rarely watch tv so I cannot comment on the other series and folks who won.

solojones likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Game of Thrones and Barry were two of my big personal favourites so glad they won. Almost done this season of Handmaid's Tale and I'm surprised it blanked this season cuz it's also great as well. I read a funny line that the Emmys have now become the Cable ACE awards because aside from black-ish and This is Us it's all cable and streaming shows. highest rated show last night but considering it was up against a bunch of repeats, not too impressive.

I didn't get to watch the show but I did see the Rick and Morty introduce the Best Reality Competition bit

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    (of note, Canada's ratings for the Emmys were the best since 2014)

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I liked Merritt Wever from Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip but never watched Nurse Jackie where she apparently had a much larger role; glad to see she's doing so well now!