main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2018 FanFic Awards Ceremony **Day 8 - Authors**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Mar 28, 2018.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_blush]Thank you to everyone who nominated and/or voted for my stories. @};- I'm appreciate it so much! Especially when it comes to NSWFF where people may not even know the fandom, that you even took the time to look at it is humbling.

Congratulations to Raissa Baiard x2, Mistress_Renata, divapilot x2, Bri, @Tarsier, @Onderon1, and @brodiew for Day 2!! =D=@};-

Congratulations to Findswoman, Mistress_Renata, Ewok Poet, @Suzannah.Pearce, divapilot, and Raissa_Baiard for Day 3!! @};-=D=

People in the past have thought that there was some kind of jury or panel instead of everyone being allowed to nominate and vote, so when you said judging, it seemed like you might have thought that as well. But you are correct in your assessment that there were many difficult choices!!

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I so loved Spock doing the Vulcan salute and saying "May the Force be with you"! I do that sometimes.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Made me all gooey inside too =P~ [face_love] [face_love] =P~

Mira_Jade , Kahara, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  4. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    =D= Congrats to all the winners!

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Sounds like a great way to celebrate a HUGE achievement, so even though it's early, congratulations, Dr. Marly!

I didn't think of skits, @Ewok Poet, since I was under the impression that things were meant to be more low-key this year, but just for you...

MISTRESS RENATA's mouth dropped open in shock as her name was called as a winner. "Oh, my gosh, again?"

Kess snorted. "Well, considering you had a lock on the nominations, it can hardly be a surprise."

"Ambri will be amazed. I guess I'd better go up and thank everyone, and congratulate @Findswoman for that beautiful story about Shmi. And @Ewok Poet for her wonderful Sacorrian epic, and @Suzannah.Pearce for that great characterization of Leia. And of course @Raissa Baiard for those great stories of the Blayne family on Markesh, and @divapilot's wonderful, romantic, heartbreaking pieces.

"Of course," said Kess. "Come on, I'll come up with you." She followed Renata up to the stage, but instead of joining her at the microphone, she slipped into the backstage area. A dashing, fair-haired man in an odd uniform flashed her a broad grin.

"Well, hello there," he said. "I...am James T. Kirk."

"Hi, yourself," said Kess, walking past him to smile at a man with dark curls. "Hey there, flyboy."

Poe Dameron's eyes lit up. "Miss Blue!" he said. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"Moral support," said Kess. "I can't take much more. Wanna blow this tea party and find a drink?"

"Stars, yes," said Poe. She slipped her arm around his waist, and they headed towards the exit.

"STOP!" A wild-eyed young woman in an orange shirt and vivid blue coveralls ran up to them. She looked at Kess. "You need to get away from him! He's another Nokaarbe!"

Kess looked at Poe, confused. He shrugged. He had no clue what she was talking about either. "It's okay," she said soothingly. "He's a friend."

"But...but...HE'S A WOMANIZER!"

Kess laughed, and tightened her grip on Poe's waist. "Don't knock it 'til you've tried it, sweetie," she said. Then, to Poe, "Come on."

The strange girl stared after them. "But...but...this is NOT PROGRESSIVE!" she protested.

Kess arched an eyebrow. Poe shook his head. "She keeps using that word," he said. "I don't think it means what she thinks it means." They slipped out the back entrance as Renata waited her turn at the mike, chatting happily with Nyota Uhura.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Kahara, Mira_Jade , Ewok Poet and 4 others like this.
  6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Ezra accepts the Golden Porg for Best Series and hands it to Mara, smiling. “Just you and me this time, Ace. Who knew when I met you at the Café Alderaan it would turn into a whole series of stories?”

Mara laughs. “Annina! She was right about you being my true love...and she’s going to be insufferable now that I said it.”

“Think there’ll be more stories in our series?” Ezra puts an arm around her waist and draws her close.

“There’d better be!” Mara’s smile turns mischievous. “I can’t wait to find out what our wedding’s like.”

Ezra flushes for a minute, but he pulls her into a kiss and whispers,”Yeah, me too, Ace. Me too.”
    ———
    Meanwhile, Doran is having an animated conversation about the non-attachment doctrine with Mace Windu and Yoda, during which the phrase “stick it in your pointy ear” can be heard. Raissa is pretending she doesn’t know him. Annina and Shai Orrelios are comparing notes on being the youngest sibling.

Luke approaches the girl in orange who is staring after Kess and Poe. “Er, hi...do I know you from somewhere?”

The girl whirls on him and yelps “ARE YOU HITTING ON ME?!? Hitting on girls at parties is not progressive!”

Luke pales. “I just wanted to say congratulations...but...I think i’ll go over there now.” He joins Shmi on the edge of the crowd. “Hi...please don’t yell at me, but I feel like I know you, too.” She smiles back and motions for him to join her. “Funny, I feel the same way about you...”
    ———
    Congratulations to @Findswoman, @Mistress_Renata, @Suzannah.Pearce, @divapilot and @Ewok Poet (really, this time! :p) and all the nominees[face_love]

7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    *heartfelt sniffle* Well done!!

8. The Golden Yoda

The Golden Yoda Game Host star 1 VIP - Game Host

Feb 23, 2017
    Day 4

The lights go up to reveal a large cat-like purple alien and a young man in an orange jacket on stage.

EZRA: Hi, and welcome to Day Four of the 2018 Fan Fiction Awards, the second day of the Style Categories. Zeb and I have four great awards to present…

ZEB: Wait a minute...four? We only get to do four categories?

EZRA: Yeah, why? What’s the problem?

ZEB: Aw, karabast! That’s the least of any day! Even Chopper’s gonna get to do more than us. Figures they’d stick me with this.

EZRA: Zeb! It doesn’t matter how many awards we present. The important thing is that we get the chance to honor all these great authors and stories.

ZEB: Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that.

EZRA: Okay… so, our first category of the day is Most Underrated

ZEB: Underrated? You wanna know who’s underrated?

EZRA: No, but you’re going to tell me anyway, aren’t you?

ZEB: Me! Just because I’m not a Jedi or a Mandalorian

EZRA: Zeb…

ZEB: (ranting a bit) I don’t get a swishy lightsaber or a jet pack….

EZRA: Zeb…

ZEB: When am I gonna get some cool accessories, huh? I wanna know!

EZRA: Zeb! Quit feeling sorry for yourself and read the nominees.

ZEB (huffs): Fine. The nominees for Most Underrated are:

A Matter of Belonging by Jax Nova
    Ahch-To and the First Jedi Temple by Penguin_Sith
    Annals of the Noble House of Trieste: Volume 10 by Trieste
    Cosmonaut by Venator77
    Fire on Malachor by Wannabe Scholar
    Greater than the Sum of His Parts by divapilot
    Memory Books and Personal Logs by Lady_Misty
    Midday Darkness // The Light Is Me, I Am the Light by Ewok Poet
    On the Loom of Chariclo by DarthBreezy
    Phoenix Rising: The Journal of a Rebel PIlot by Volund Starfire
    Something is shining like gold, but better by Pandora
    The Fields of Tesserone by Vehn
    Welcome to Mandalore by Mia Mesharad

ZEB: And the winners are: Greater than the Sum of His Parts by divapilot and Phoenix Rising: The Journal of a Rebel PIlot by Volund Starfire

EZRA:The next award is for Best Response to a Challenge.

ZEB: Challenge, eh? I like that...ooh, hey, what about that time that Imperial infiltrator droid was disguised as a protocol droid, and I had to defuse it while you all were off doing some heroic stuff...

EZRA: Not that kind of challenge. A writing challenge.

ZEB: Writing?

EZRA: Yeah, this is the Fan Fiction Awards, remember?

ZEB: Huh. Yeah.

EZRA: The nominees for Best Response to a Challenge are:

And Then There Were None by Glor
    For the Rebellion by mavjade
    Graceful as Water by Findswoman
    Halcyon-green by earlybird-obi-wan
    Kylo vs. the Ghosts Of SNARK! by Ewok Poet
    One Hundred Blessings by divapilot
    Only Girl in the World by A Blind Prophet
    Pale Iris by Pandora
    The Price of Hope by divapilot
    The Princess of Renatasia by Sith-I-5
    The Wind That Shakes the Corley by Mistress_Renata
    Therapy Time with Kylo and Friends by Findswoman
    Toon Wars by Raissa Baiard

EZRA: And the winners are: The Price of Hope by divapilot; The Wind That Shakes the Corley by Mistress_Renata; and For the Rebellion by mavjade

ZEB: Hey, let me announce the next category, okay, kid?

EZRA: Sure, go ahead.

ZEB: The next award is for Best One-Shot in... ( Zeb squints at the teleprompter) En-Swiff? Karabast, is that a category or an eye exam?

EZRA (sighs and shakes his head): It stands for Non-Star Wars Fan Fiction.

ZEB: Oh yeah, right… so... Best One Shot, Non-Star Wars Fan Fiction. The nominees are:

[Hamilton] By any other name by Mira_Jade
    [Hamilton] Delope: The ever-favorite object of my heart by Mira_Jade
    [Hamilton] With a Second Hand by Mira_Jade
    [How I Met Your Mother] Have You Met Max? Madman007
    [Hunger Games] Broken by divapilot
    [Hunger Games] FanFic Olympics Alternate Ending Challenge by Lazy K, Moonspun Dragon, Poe_Drabbleron, Tarsier and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    [LOTR] The Silver Swann by Anedon
    [Marvel- Captain America-Civil War] I Remember All of Them by DaenaBenjen42
    [MLP-Studio Ghibli] Shifter Magic by Nehru_Amidala
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Operating System by pronker
    [Snow White] A Dwarf and His Cipher by Findswoman
    [ST:2009/Wonder Woman: 2017] About Time by brodiew
    [Stranger Things] Mad Max and the Dungeon Master by brodiew
    [The West Wing] He’ll Know They Stood Up (It’s Time to Consider Yourself) by mavjade
    [The West Wing] His Unusually Normal Family by Briannakin
    [The West Wing] Teach Them How to Say Goodbye by mavjade
    [Vikings] With My Lost Saints by Mira_Jade

ZEB: And the winner is: [The West Wing] He’ll Know They Stood Up (It’s Time to Consider Yourself) by mavjade

EZRA: You wanna do the last award while you’re at it, Zeb?

ZEB: Awright, don’t mind if I do. The final award of the day is for Best Multi-Chapter En-Swiff... er, Best Multi-Chapter, Non Star Wars Fan Fiction and the nominees are

[Dragon Age- Inquisition] The Tempest’s Shadow by Idrelle_Miocovani
    [Faraway, So Close!] Watching You Watching Me by Ewok Poet
    [Final Fantasy] Love, Don’t Die by Tarsier
    [General Hospital] Echoes of the Past by JediMaster_Jen
    [Magnus Chase] Seeking the Past by s_heffley
    [Marvel- Captain America-Civil War] Sometime this Century by DaenaBenjen42
    [Pathfinder] Rise of the Runelords by MasterGhandalf
    [Penguins of Madagascar] Watermelon Snow by pronker
    [Stranger Things] The Ride by brodiew
    [The West Wing] Canadians in the East Wing by Briannakin
    [The West Wing] The Life and Times of Leo Lyman by mavjade
    [Thor] All Our Winters to Pass by Mira_Jade
    [Voltron] The Warmth of Suns by Mira_Jade

ZEB: And the winner is: [The West Wing] Canadians in the East Wing by Briannakin

EZRA: That wraps things up for today. Be sure to come back tomorrow when our friend Chopper will be presenting the awards for the Genre Categories.

ZEB (scowls): He just better not go off script like he did last year.

EZRA (ignores Zeb and waves to the audience): Thanks for coming and may the Force be with you.

As they head off stage, Zeb can still be heard over his microphone:

ZEB: Hey, kid, did you check out your swag bag yet? We get anything good? Goochi watches? Armahney jackets? That kind of stuff?

EZRA: Right. You seriously overestimate the budget for this show. We got a case of ANGRY MACE Cream of Vengeance soup and a shirt that says “I hosted the 2018 Fan Fic Awards and all I got was this lousy tesh tunic”.

ZEB: Awww, karabast…

jcgoble3, Kahara, pronker and 5 others like this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I just woke up and I need to go to the farmer's market so...congratulations, @divapilot, @mavjade and @Briannakin! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing] I can see that Doria had some interesting exchange with various beings, but I'm only on my second Pepsi aMax, so nop yet...8-}

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :ezra: :zeb: [:D] [face_laugh] Too fun!
    And the winners! =D= And the nominees! Woot! I really adore having NSWFF included :cool: [face_dancing]

mavjade , AzureAngel2, Kahara and 6 others like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Gah, knew I shouldn't have posted before I was fully awake. My apology and congrats to the great writer that is @Mistress_Renata as well. [face_relieved][face_dancing][face_blush]

12. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017
    Until Ezra explained it, I was reading NSWFF as "Not Safe For Work Fanfic....."

Congratulations to divapilot, Volund Starfire, Mistress Renata, mavjade, Briannakin. Great job!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Congratulations to all the nominees and winners!=D= I post on a few sites, and I think this is the BEST group of talented writers around. ^:)^

mavjade , Kahara, AzureAngel2 and 5 others like this.
  14. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Zeb and Ezra, you made the most of your time![face_alien]
    Best of all worlds to the writers in, um, the best of all SW and NSWFF worlds, in particular divapilot, Volund Starfire, Mistress Renata, mavjade, and Briannakin]-}

mavjade , Kahara, AzureAngel2 and 3 others like this.
  15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Congratulations to the winners. =D=

16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I have read it the same way [face_laugh]

Congratulations to @divapilot, @Volund Starfire, @Mistress_Renata, @mavjade, @Briannakin and all the nominees! More fabulous stories and very tough choices!

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats divapilot, Volund Starfire, Mistress_Rentana, and Mavjade!

And thanks all. It is just so lovely to be nommed, voted for and recognized for a fic that so much time, research and hard work went into, especially since it was a NSW fandom that not too many people are familiar with. I totally didn't expect to win. Thanks to the people who read it, nominated it, and voted for it. And thanks to Mav for the vignette that started it all!

I'd write a skit, but the muse is elsewhere, so I present gifs that inspired so much.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mavjade , AzureAngel2, Kahara and 5 others like this.
  18. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I hadn't seen that, but it reminds me of a Candid Camera sketch I once saw. They set up a Canadian Border Post stop on some road north of Los Angeles, and stopped random motorists, asking them for their passport. When the people seemed puzzled, the actors explained that under the North American Border Treaty of 19whatever the year was, the Canadian border had been moved down to the Xth parallel, and so if they lived in that particular town (many did), they were now all Canadian citizens.

The motorists caught in the prank had to sing "Oh, Canada" (with a lot of prompting), and take an oath to uphold the laws, the Queen, the Maple Leaf and the National Hockey League... I don't remember exactly, it was something ridiculous, and as they said it, a few finally caught on. A really, really good prank.

Oh, and thank you everyone, for the wonderful honor, and congratulations to @divapilot, @Briannakin, @mavjade (I read all of those!) and @Volund Starfire (I love your pilot diary!) No skit tonight, I was out all day & I am wiped...out. Just hugs all around, and then I'm going to crash for the night. [:D]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, more wonderful, well-deserved wins! Congratulations to @Mistress_Renata, @Ewok Poet, @Suzannah.Pearce, @divapilot, and @Raissa Baiard for your day 3 wins, and to divapilot, @Volund Starfire, Mistress_Renata, @mavjade, and @Briannakin for your day 4 wins. =D= =D= =D=

Also, a shout out to all the nominees! I feel so proud to just have been nominated alongside you folks (even in an NSWFF category—wow! That bowled me over! :eek: ).

I wouldn’t want to forget to offer kudos and much respect to all the folks who have done such amazing and entertaining acceptance skits (or gifs!), totally off the cuff. [face_peace] What incredible snapshots of the talent we have here—and what fun to see the skits all piggybacking on each other! =D=

Well, once again the young Tatooine girl in the slightly-more-colorful-than-usual dress finds herself headed up to the stage. I think I’m at least as surprised as she is at the love and appreciation my little tale about her has gotten… thank you all. @};-

(Incidentally, I caught part of her conversation with the yellow-haired erstwhile Tatooine farmboy. He, feeling a momentary draft of cool air through the auditorium: “Is it just me, or is it a bit drafty in here?” She: “It’s not just you.” @};- )

20. The Golden Yoda

The Golden Yoda Game Host star 1 VIP - Game Host

Feb 23, 2017
    Day 5

(The orchestra plays. The curtain goes up to reveal a stiff-jointed RA-7-series protocol droid standing against a backdrop of a starry sky, gesturing in what he thinks is an expressive manner as he begins crooning in an electronic baritone. Four neebrays flutter around him in synchronized patterns as he sings.)

AP-5 (singing): I see star clusters of orange,
    Hyperspace lines of blue,
    I see them zoom
    Past me and past you.
    And I calculate within my processor
    The superlativeness of this galaxy.

I see suns of gold
    And moons of white,
    The Bogan’s dark gloom,
    The Ashla’s bright light.
    The superlativeness of this—

(Just then he is interrupted by a loud, querulous series of bwops from offstage. The orchestra goes silent, and the neebrays scatter in fright.)

AP-5: What uncouth interloper dares interrupt my Song of the Year performance?!

(CHOPPER rolls onstage. His utterances are translated in supertitles.)

CHOPPER: Bwaaah, bwop bwop bwop! Bwa-bwop bwop bwop?! [AP-5, you complete and utter dunderhead! What do you think you’re doing?!]

AP-5 (his voice dripping with electronic disdain): Oh, it’s you, C1-10P. I should have known you would seize the first possible opportunity to make a fool of yourself. Now kindly shove off, will you, and let me complete my Song of the Year performance. I have practiced this number for months and will brook absolutely no interruptions from uppity astromechs.

CHOPPER: Bwop bwop, b-bwop bwop! Bwop bwop f-bwop bwop! Bwop b-bwop bwop b-bwop! [This isn’t Song of the Year, you doofus! This is the 2018 Fanfic Awards! Song of the Year is next week!]

AP-5 (defensively, hands on hips): Next week?! Now, how in the name of the Maker was I supposed to know that?! (Crosses his arms in a stiff, robotic pout) Why am I always the last to find out everything?

CHOPPER: Bwop bwop bwop bwop. Hmph. Bwoppity bwop bwop... [Guess the Imps didn’t bother installing the MicroScuff Overlook Calendar plugin on their warehouse lackeys. Hmph. Not my problem.]

AP-5: Don’t call me a warehouse lackey, you rust-crusted boltbucket! You know full well how sensitive I am on that point! Honestly, you’re worse than the meatb—(Stops short and ponders for a moment) Now, wait just a moment... if Song of the Year is next week, then that means I have...

CHOPPER: Bwop bwop, bwop. Bwop bwop b-bwop bwoppity bwaaah. [An extra week to practice, yes. Not that a talentless hack like you has a snowball’s chance on Mustafar of winning anything anyway.]

AP-5 (crosses his arms and turns away from CHOPPER): I shall not even honor that remark with a response. But yes, knowing that certainly sets my processor at ease. In that case, I shall be going now and let them get on with this “fanfic awards” rigamarole. So long, C1-10P. It’s been a most—(Just as he turns to leave, CHOPPER nails him with his electroshock attachment.) AAAAGHHHH!

CHOPPER: BWAAAAH! Bwop bwa-bwop, bwop! Bwa-bwop bwop bwa-bwop bwop bwaaah bwop bwoppity bwop! [Oh, no, you don’t! Get back here, blinkmouth! I signed us both up to help present awards for the Genre Categories today, and don’t you think you can get out of it so easily!]

AP-5 (makes a sound similar to a sigh): I really am always the last to find out about everything, aren’t I? All right, fine. May as well get this over with. I’m guessing there are red envelopes or something involved? (CHOPPER rolls a little closer, and a compartment in his chassis slides open, revealing five red envelopes.) Good. Now, according to this, our first category today is Best Action/Adventure, featuring stories where, and I quote the official rules, “characters overcome challenges by means of fast-paced, adventurous activity.”

CHOPPER: Bwop bwop. Bwop bwop bwop. [Fast-paced, adventurous activity, eh? Sounds right up my alley.]

AP-5: Of course it is, you sensation-hungry glitchsprocket. Anyway, the nominees are:

And Then There Were None by Glor
    Imperial Chronicles by GigaMach
    Mercy Flight by Mistress_Renata
    The Claws of Father Cold by gaarastar58
    The Demons of the Dark Side by Kurisan
    The Killers of Kashyyyk by Kurisan
    The Other Moon by Ewok Poet

AP-5 (taking and opening the first envelope): And the winner is... Mercy Flight by Mistress_Renata

(Applause fills the auditorium as the winner approaches the stage.)

AP-5: Thank you, thank you. Now, the next category is Best Drama, in which, and again I quote, “protagonist(s) address tragic, reflective or otherwise serious issues that impact them on a personal level.” Yes, I suppose I can see where organics would go in for that sort of thing. Anyhow, the nominees are:

An Old Song Re-Sung by Mira_Jade
    Code Breaker: The Journal of Kash Ferros by divapilot
    Drops of Mustafar by Ewok Poet
    For the Glory… by Kalio_Dynkos
    Graceful as Water by Findswoman
    Last Dance by Briannakin
    Patriots of the Empire by FORCEBILADE
    Show Me That Horizon by ZaraValinor
    The Beginning of Honor by Raissa Baiard

AP-5 (takes the second envelope): And the winners are... Last Dance by Briannakin and The Wind That Shakes the Corley by Mistress_Renata

(Applause breaks out again as the winners come forward.)

AP-5: And now for Best Humor… the stories that aim, quote, “to provoke a reaction that may range from chuckles to roffles…” Chopper, I don’t suppose you have any idea what a “roffle” is? (CHOPPER shakes his dome with a drooping “waaah” sound.) Organics do love these sorts of idiosyncratic expressions, don’t they… in any case, the nominees are:

Date Night by Raissa Baiard
    Ghostly Guidance by Ridley_Solo
    Keeping Up with the Calrissians by Mistress_Renata
    Kylo vs. the Ghosts Of SNARK! by Ewok Poet
    Love’s Savage Desire by DarthBreezy
    Meet the Skywalkers by frodogenic
    More Than He Can Chew by Mistress_Renata
    Rebel Yell by brodiew
    Something in Kylo Ren’s Shoe: A Millicent the Cat Story by gizkaspice
    Teenage Rebellion by Raissa Baiard
    The Porg: Resistance to Them Is Futile! by RX_Sith
    Toon Wars by Raissa Baiard
    Turn Your Head and Cough; or, The Checkup by Findswoman
    What Do You Do with a Drunken Spectre? by Raissa Baiard
    Why Is the Empire so Inept? An in Depth Incompetent Analysis by RX_Sith
    Why Jedi Never See Their Families by Mistress_Renata

AP-5 (takes the third envelope): And the winner is... Turn Your Head and Cough; or, The Checkup by Findswoman

(Applause as the winner approaches.)

AP-5: All right, three down, two to go. Now this next one… (looks at the TelePrompTer and shakes his head) Oh dear, oh dear… Chopper, why in the Maker’s name did you sign me up for today…?

CHOPPER: Bwop bwop bwop! [Just announce it already, will ya?!]

AP-5: All right fine. Next is Best Romance, that most elusive of all meatbag concepts, centering on, and I quote, “the protagonist discovering, exploring and/or developing a strong romantic emotional bond with another character.” Whatever that may mean. Anyhow, here are the nominees:

Date Night by Raissa Baiard
    Love and Other Stupid Poodoo by Raissa Baiard
    Promise by divapilot
    Sleeping Honor by Findswoman
    We'll take a cup of kindness yet by Mira_Jade

AP-5 (takes the fourth envelope): And the winner is... Date Night by Raissa Baiard

(More applause; the winner comes forward.)

AP-5: And now for today’s fifth and final category, the all-encompassing and coveted Best All-Around, for stories featuring, quote, “a wide variety of genres.” The nominees are:

An Old Song Re-Sung by Mira_Jade
    Beyond the Wall by divapilot
    Code Breaker: The Journal of Kash Ferros by divapilot
    Greater Than the Sum of his Parts by divapilot
    Lightforce by Suzannah Pearce
    Pale Iris by Pandora
    The Beginning of Honor by Raissa Baiard
    The Bounty by MartyAvidianus
    The Other Moon by Ewok Poet
    The Price of Hope by divapilot

AP-5 (takes the fifth and final envelope): And the winner is... An Old Song Re-Sung by Mira_Jade

(Applause once again fills the auditorium as the winner comes up.)

AP-5: And since we’re out of envelopes, that, as they say, is that. Thank you all for coming out tonight, be sure to come tomorrow night too for awards in the Character and Relationship Categories, and all and that sort of thing. And now, in closing, I have asked my esteemed colleague to join me in a little celebratory song. (CHOPPER blats in protest; AP-5 replies to him in hushed tones) Fair’s only fair, you know. I helped you with all this awards palaver, you can help me practice for next week.

(The orchestra again starts playing, and the neebrays reemerge from the wings. As they perform their fluttering dance, AP-5 and CHOPPER sing together, AP-5 on words and CHOPPER on the syllable “bwop.”)

I see star clusters of orange,
    Hyperspace lines of blue,
    I see them zoom
    Past me and past you.

I see suns of gold
    And moons of white,
    The Bogan’s dark gloom,
    The Ashla’s bright light.

The many-hued gases of the nebula,
    So splendid out in space,
    Can also be perceived
    On each passing being’s face.
    Friends extend appendages to each other
    In gestures of support and protection—
    I believe that they may also be interpreted
    As gestures of affection...

I hear younglings vociferate,
    I note their developmental gain,
    They will acquire more knowledge
    Than my memory banks can contain.
    The superlativeness of this galaxy… BONUS VERSE!

I see fanfic writers write,
    I read their stories—
    The fandom is so much enhanced
    By their multifarious glories.
    the superlativeness of this galaxy,
    And I calculate... within my processor...
    the superlativeness of this galaxy.

(Thunderous applause erupts as AP-5 takes a bow, CHOPPER bobs and spins his dome, and both droids exit.)

* * *​

Note: The Song of the Year competition is borrowed with gratitude from Ewok Poet's fanon post on Popular Culture in the GFFA.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Fun and snarky presenters [face_mischief]

Fantab nominees and winners! @};- =D=

Ewok Poet, Kahara, pronker and 3 others like this.
  22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Eeep, I'm three days late! More congrats all around =D=

23. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Mistress_Renata accepted the awards with a certain amount of surprise, and offered up her congratulations to the other winners, @Findswoman, for the wild story about poor Zeb's annual physical, @Mira_Jade, for the wistful look at what could have been, @Briannakin (whose name wasn't properly bolded) for the heartwarming goodbye tale, and @Raissa Baiard, for her two lovely stories about the Spectre crew, wondering if poor Hera would ever get the deeply romantic evening she so richly deserved.

She sat down at her table, putting the trophies in front of her, and asked the staff to send bouquets around to the other winners. Just as she did, Kess showed up in a sparkling pink dress, looking very pleased with herself.

"Where have you been?" asked Renata. "You were gone all day yesterday."

"Oh, here and there," replied the young pilot with a smirk. She looked at the table. "Yikes, that's a lot of Porgs!"

"I'm glad everyone liked my stories so much," said the older woman. Kess frowned.

"Hmm..." she said. She got up and walked to the other side of the table, staring at the Porg trophies, then walked back. "Is it my imagination, or...do their eyes follow you?"

"Don't be silly, they're just statues!" said Renata. She leaned left, then right. "Oh. Wow. That's..."

"Creepy."

Renata took a deep breath. "No," she said, "no, they're just statues."

Kess leaned back in her chair. "Uh-huh. Yeah. You keep telling yourself that."

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  24. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017
    That song of the year... It really resonated with me. I was so moved by it.... I'm going to pirate a copy of it and share it with all of my friends on social media on the Holo-Net. Let's see, there's 'Countenance Tome,' 'My Area,' 'Chirper,' and I'll post the video up on 'YourPipe.'

Congratulations to Mistress Renata (twice!), Findswoman, Raissa Baiard, and Mira Jade (all around)! Great Job!

'Countenance Tome,' 'My Area,' 'Chirper,' and I'll post the video up on 'YourPipe.'

Facebook, My Space, Twitter, and YouTube

LOL

25. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014