main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Harbaugh did indeed get his extension, for some reason.

And the rest of the Big Ten breathed a sigh of relief.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    alabama's been bumped up to a 8.5 point favorite as of this morning. i don't think there's much chance of that spread holding - think it will be high scoring and close.

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    This game just feels...lacking. Even the buildup to it earlier today. The bowls around New Years seemed far more engaging. Maybe it's everything that's gone on in the past week.

Luke02 likes this.
  4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Agree @MotivateR5D4
    we watch a insurrection at our captiol at our congressional body lead by the executive branch. Everything seems very irrelevant compare to it, even the pandemic has taken a backseat.

I do think that college football is lacking this year in general due to COVID-19 because the pandtrity (crowds, students, alumni, marching bands, cheerleaders, pep rallies, etc) is much more important then in the NFL. Just doesn't feel like college football with much of not there this year.

At least so far this is turning out to be a darn good game so far.

Rew likes this.
  5. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, its a good game. But it just feels like a regular game. There's none of that championship aura around it.

I was thinking that earlier as well, that you would never know we are in the middle of a surging pandemic right now based on the news of the past few days. Although today they did start going back to covering it a little bit.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    most important drive of justin fields' career, coming up. cannot go into the half down 18 against alabama.

osu has to pressure jones in the second half.

7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    well you were half right. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, it's over.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    devonta smith is going to make tua look a lot better in miami. don't know if there has been a reciever since megatron that was worth the kind of resources a team needs to trade into a top 3 draft spot, but some teams might try with this guy.

if osu can get some momentum early, they can make this close. not quite over.

christophero30 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    how did najee harris hold onto that ball.

osu giving it everything they've got, great red zone defense outside of the missed tackle on 3rd down. now it's big time for the offense, gotta have it.

11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I'm no football genius, but OSU needs to like, stop Alabama from scoring every time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Guidman and heels1785 like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    LFG

running quarterbacks are saban kryptonite. let him loose!

13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    At least it's still worth watching at this point.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Now that is how to answer. I don't even like the Tide; but that was impressive.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    it was indeed. incredible defensive stand there, too. that's probably all she wrote.

MotivateR5D4 and christophero30 like this.
  16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Saban should go for 2 if they score again for an even 60

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    This has been happening ever since they started the playoff system. The bowl games to get to the championship are always really exciting. And then the championship game itself is kind of a bore fest.

I didn't like solely relying on the ranking system either. But it always meant that each team showed up like they had something to prove. And it kept the games intense.

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Sometimes ya win. Sometimes ya lose. Sometimes it rains. Hats off to a great Bama team.

And Dabo is still in a trash can somewhere.

Good luck to Fields, Olave, and the other dudes in the NFL and Go Bucks

Guidman , heels1785 , Rew and 4 others like this.
  19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    JFC, Alabama's ended up with a massive SuperSpreader event in Tuscaloosa.

heels1785 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    With six rings at Bama, does Saban have enough to complete his Infinity Gauntlet? :p

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Does this mean we're starting to have normalcy again with Alabama back ontop of the CFB mountain?

22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Eh, their win last night seemed all too familiar. Bama has been winning since I was in college in the mid to late 2000s. Nick Saban is the greatest and he looks out for his student athletes. We get it. Let's get some new teams to start winning.

23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i can't remember any game this year that really generated the kind of interest that a normal alabama/lsu or ohio state/michigan game would. the weird start dates for different conferences, massive amounts of cancellations (often without reschedules), and undoubtedly the familiarity at the top that you referenced held cfb back this year.

specifc to the national championship game - a ****ton of people have been glued to only the news since last wednesday. also, the game was not at all competitive, which means that nobody was tuning in at halftime - i'm sure espn lost half of their viewership before the 3rd q.

i think the appetite will come back when fans can feel a bit more invested in their teams. i think college hoops will have similarly awful ratings for march madness this year, and i doubt many outside of the superfans have paid attention to the season thusfar.

25. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That Notre Dame vs Clemson game in November was huge. Easily the best game of the season.

The thing is, Alabama does generate interest during the season. They aren't irrelevant. People like to watch them face a good match up because it always has ranking implications. It's only once Alabama makes it to the national championship that it becomes the same old story again.