main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Anyone else enjoyed the crash car derby yesterday?

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah like half the field was gone. Insane to watch once again. Nice to see Albon get a podium.

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    So after today's penalties, Hamilton has 10 points on his Super License. Two more points for him in the next four races (Germany, Portugal, Italy and Turkey) means a one-race suspension. After that, his points from Brazil last year fall off.

4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Honda is exiting F1 at the end of the 2021 season. Red Bull and AlphaTauri are now looking for a new engine supplier for 2022.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, that just leaves three engine suppliers now unless another maker wants to get into it.

6. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    So with Hamilton's win today, he's matched the record set by Michael Schumacher: 91 career wins. And I doubt Hamilton is retiring anytime soon... impressive.

7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet: Grosjean and Magnussen are both out at Haas at the end of the year. Speculation is that Mick Schumacher could get one of the seats.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They were both terrible anyway.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    It's kind of amazing how much things change in F1 from year to year. And when you think about it, just two drivers per team, for just ten teams, makes this a ridiculously competitive sport to even be in as a driver.

At any rate, I'm interested to see how Vettel does at Aston Martin (previously Racing Point), as well as what the new theme for the cars looks like.
    ‘I’m going to throw myself into the project’ – Vettel already preparing for Aston Martin switch

But on that note, I kind of feel bad for Sergio Perez. Sounds like his best bet next season is potentially replacing Albon at Red Bull.
    A mistimed McLaren move, and missing out on Mercedes and Ferrari – what might have been for Sergio Perez

10. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Oddly enough; I'm not into Formula One but I love F-1 racing games. The EA games are fantastic. There is a lot of strategy involved.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Lance Stroll on pole in the rain. Wow.

darthcaedus1138 and heels1785 like this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    lol, i wish every f1 race/qualifying was run in the rain. it adds so much drama to a sport in dire need of some.

darthcaedus1138 and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    New idea: install sprinklers along both sides of every track, aimed at the track surface, and turn them on at the start of every session and off at the end of each session.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    What a race by Hamilton. Glad to see Seb podium as well.

EHT and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Colbert has Hamilton on his show right now.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    my god, just saw the wreck footage. grosjean.

thank **** for the halo. well done, F1.

darthcaedus1138 and EHT like this.
  18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Amazing he got out of there. The Halo was wedged under the barrier. If it wasn't for that it would've taken his head off in years past.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    bianchi's legacy will likely be the same as dale earnhardt's in nascar - saving lives through the loss of his own. today of his friend and countryman.

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    We have yet to complete a full lap. Lance Stroll is now upside down.

darthcaedus1138 and heels1785 like this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    not that either incident was his fault, but i'd do my best to stay away from kvyat for the rest of this race.

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    What the **** was that safety worker doing running across a live track in traffic?

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    unbelievably poor luck for racing point today. great points run for mclaren.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

wonderful to see. hope he heals up soon, and completely.

25. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Meanwhile Hamilton has tested positive for Covid, and so his car is vacant for next weekend. Hopefully Hulk can get in some winning machinery, but looks like they might put Vandoorne in.

darthcaedus1138 and GregMcP like this.