main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2020 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jan 7, 2020.

1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ouch, the final three miles were a bit of a struggle today. Probably because instead of taking it completely easy and resting yesterday I ended up at the basketball courts. I just shot hoops with myself, but that involves chasing down a lot of balls. I'm not exactly good at shooting hoops, I just like to try. Weather was also warmer today, we haven't gotten any rain from Delta but the cloud cover is keeping the temps in the high 60's.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I went out for two walks yesterday. Walked at an upbeat tempo. It helps that fall is my favorite season and the temperature is now tolerable.

3. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Did nine miles this morning. Waiting impatiently for my daughter to make brunch as I lay in bed now. She accompanied me on bike.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My goal for the rest of the year is to on average get 20,000 steps or about 10 miles each day by either walking or running.

5. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I’ve been sticking with my weight training and I haven’t enjoyed lifting this much in years. Unfortunately, new guidelines mean that I can’t train with my friend as we have to socially distance within the gym. This is a problem as my friend isn’t very confident with exercise equipment and he won’t go to the gym unless we can use the equipment together.

Other than that, training has been going better than it has all year. My general mood has lifted since the gyms re-opened and I know that many others feel the same way. I’m planning to do more weights and a 10 or 20k run this week. On Sunday, I’m going to scuba dive with some friends which I’m looking forward to.

6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I miss my gym, I don't feel safe going to try it out, though.

Purchased some warm running gloves for winter today. Getting ready for cold weather.

7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Same here @Runjedirun as we put our gym membership on hold to the end of the year. I talk with the membership manager (someone I known for over twenty years yikes) at the end of September. Said the plan as of right now is to no longer allow holds after the New Year (assuming numbers don't skyrocket again which is not happening yet but definitely like most states were trending the wrong way) however if were still to nervous about coming in, something could be work out. We talk about paying a small fee to keep it on "hold" for a few months (perhaps until April or May of next year) which I said I was fine with. It's the Y and I know it isn't like Planet Fitness which are truly for profit gyms therefore I am willing pay part (but not all) of our membership for the first 3-4 months of 2021 even though we won't be using it. They do a lot of community stuff including working with families who cannot full price regularly so I am again fine paying a fee to keep on hold for the early months of 2021 and go from there.

And I got a pair of wireless earbuds this past week (be kicking myself if they go on sale for Amazon Prime days) for walks/jogs outside, working out in our house plus figure once we go back to the gym I can still use them.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I understand where you’re coming from. I was also concerned about returning, but my gym has put in some sensible control measures. The only problem is that some people are walking around without masks (mostly young men) and I have noticed the same young guys walking away from their weights without wiping them down, so I can’t say it’s perfect.

I have noticed a change in the weather and winter is definitely on the way. 2020 seems to be passing in a bit of a blur.

9. Kiki Jinn

Aug 21, 2020
    Just did my first run of the 4th week of the 20 week plan. I’m currently doing my 3 mile runs 15-45 seconds/min longer than the goal (8:46). So we’ll see.

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Continuing to follow two of Cynthia Rothrock’s YT workouts and stretching. The arm workout with 3 lb weights has already shown results. My left arm is much stronger. I can cut through thick blocks of cheese and a bunch of celery without pausing now.

Will try more of Cynthia’s workouts as I see more progress, but the initial reward of more arm strength is wonderful.

Am hopeful a new digestive enzyme is addressing the digestive issues on my right side too.

Diet, still working on righting the ship, it’s a process.

Meditating, still doing that but focusing more on drawing again too. Definitely helping me keep calm and it’s fun.

Hope everyone else here is well.

11. Kiki Jinn

Aug 21, 2020
    Did 4 miles at 9:00 flat per mile avg yesterday so seeing some improvement. It’s tough though, hope the high 8’s become a lot easier soon. Years ago I did a half marathon at that pace and it was fine but damn I have a lot of rust in these legs.

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I gave up on the half marathon distances :( I only ran about 9 miles last Sunday. It was raining cats and dogs, but I could have made it. I just didn't want to. I have no idea what my "plan" is now. Despite the fact that I exercise 13 of every 14 days or 14 of 14 if walking counts I can never make and stick to a plan. Yesterday I did a 10 minute arms workout and a 4 mile run. Today I did 10 minute abs and a 4 mile run. I'd like to keep something like this up through at least the new year. I've been consistently doing arms 3 days a week, but my poor abs have been neglected and I should really factor in some lower body too. We shall see. Tonight's goal: Don't eat ALL my kids candy, LOL. Happy Halloween.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm considering cutting alcohol almost completely, or just cut drinking beer. It's not a problem by any means. On certain evenings, I'll have a beer after dinner and then some sort of liquor around 9PM. The problem is, I'm just not enjoying it. Not really a fan of the taste anymore.

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Stretching every day, alternating the workouts with Cynthia (arms every other day).

Still need to get the head in gear (external triggers), draw more and watch the diet. Main thing is keeping myself mentally and physically healthy especially now: just keep seeing myself at this job, and/or my prior sites with the outsourcing company I worked for until March this year. Yes, this private law firm finally outsourced the library yesterday. At least it is with the outsourcing company I worked with.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I rarely have fitness plans or goals. I just have a lifestyle that includes daily exercise, and I make that a habit. It works for me.

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't posted here in a while. I have continued with the zumba classes, and I think they are really fun! My only problem is that I get less motivated to go the gym and just do something by myself, now that I have a zumba class every week and my PT sessions every second weeks. There is a zumba class on Sunday as well, but I have all my Sundays booked with other things the coming weeks so I can't go there.

The only thing I don't like with zumba is that the instructor never shows the new things, we are just supposed to follow her. I have never danced so I have a hard time picking up the movements just by looking. On the other hand she is clear on that one can just improvise if we don't get the moves.

17. Darth_Diealot

Darth_Diealot Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    Heading for the gym right now, as gyms are being closed starting tomorrow for at least 4 weeks. Fortunately I bought some resistance bands this spring during the first lockdown. So it is going to be bands, running and biking in the near future for me. Well, only bands as of now. I somehow injured my left calf yesterday while doing uphill runs. Hope it doesn't take too long to heal.

Master_Lok, Juliet316 , Sarge and 2 others like this.
  18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    My left calf is still giving me trouble. I hope you recover faster than me.

Darth_Diealot likes this.
  19. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I managed a run this morning without any calf pain, so that was good. On the other hand I was daydreaming so badly I crossed the road at the wrong place in my normal route, leading to total confusion as I found myself with no pavement to run on, and struggling to work out exactly where I was. I hope this isn't the early onset of dementia!

Juliet316 , Master_Lok, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Did my last race of the year that was virtual this morning. Hopeful thinking that this is the last stupid virtual race I'll have to do but unfortunately I don't think that'll be the case. It was for a 10 Mile race that's my favorite one of the year, it's just the reverse of the first 10 miles of the Pittsburgh Marathon. I love that distance and the weather is always great for it. Anyway, ran 1:06:36.

21. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Not going to have time to run today but I've been doing longer runs again the last couple days, along with 25 pushups a day and about 40-60 situps.

22. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I have been working away from home for the last 10 days and I’m going to work away again for the next 10 days. This has made it quite difficult to train, but I was at the gym yesterday and I’m going to do a big session today as well.

I enjoy my job and it’s pretty physical, but I don’t have the best diet when I work away. There’s a limited menu and almost every meal option comes with fries. I do like fries, but I consider them an occasional treat as opposed to a staple food. Unfortunately I won’t have access to a gym when I’m away and running is not an option. One of my colleagues is bringing TRX bands, so I’ll try to work out as best I can.

Juliet316 , Sarge, Master_Lok and 2 others like this.
  23. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I had a few twinges in my calf in the first minute of my jog this morning, but I stopped and gave it a little massage and it didn't give me any further trouble. I did some exercise on my rebounder last week and broke another spring, which is a pity as I think it's a great way to exercise and it's kind of fun, too; but I can't be buying replacement springs every month or so.

Master_Lok and Guidman like this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Do it, you won't miss it and you'll be a cheap part of any round.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Seeing results of those workouts: rising from sitting on the floor to standing much faster now without issues and completing the five minute arm workout without stopping. [face_party]:)[face_party]

Diet and mind still a work in progress, but it’s all good. Pizza is definitely out of the question going forward (That is okay. More for everyone else :)).

Hope everyone here is okay.:)