main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Arena 2020 Summer Olympics - Tokyo Japan

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Women's Volleyball vs. Turkey is intense right now...

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    JFC he trotted out the “Heated Gaming Moment” excuse. Heated Coaching Cycling Moment?

6. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Love the Olympics. Simone Biles courage is amazing. Women's gymnastics is a very dangerous sport and you have to be fully physically and mentality ready for it. Arguing with someone at work who said what would happen if an NBA player pulled out, I said if an NBA player plays when his head is not in the right state will miss a basket, a gymnast who competes whose head is not in the right state can break her neck. Big difference.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

bob coming in with the brilliant take. love to see it.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Lily King and Annie Lazor get Silver and Bronze in 200m.

So happy for Lazor. And Lily King did amazing as well.

JoshieHewls likes this.
  9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Track day 1. Blah

Never been a fan of most of this stuff.

10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Gold and silver for team GB in the BMX in the women's and men's events respectively. It's mildly hilarious that GB's dominance in the cycling has transferred over to kids' bikes now.

soitscometothis likes this.
  11. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I love that Katie Ledecky inspires me to do crazy stunts like see how long it takes me to swim 1500. The answer is 28 minutes 7.5 seconds. But I had to do twice as many flip turns in the 25m pool I have access to.

13. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    We have a water park here in Columbus, OH called Zoombeezi Bay (used to be called Wyandot Lake). There's something there called a wave pool. It's huge and every ten minutes they'll turn on the jets and get the waves going. One day a friend wanted to race across said wave pool when the waves were not on. I said, "Sure." I almost drowned. Ledecky doing 1500 meters with ease made my arms hurt and gave me flashbacks to that wave pool. She's amazing!

14. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I found Caeleb Dressler's tearful reaction to his win the other day quite sweet and touching.

I'm such a sucker for sensitive guys :p

Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I enjoyed watching Zverev spoil Djokovic’s golden slam bid.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    zverev referred to novak as the greatest of all time after the match. class.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @heels1785 Considering this is first Olympics without the greatest swimmer of all time (Phelps) and this is most likely the last Olympics for the other GOAT (Ledecky), I think the US Swim Team as been really good. Was expecting a much bigger drop off. And the women's gymnastics team should be called the franchise. You lose the greatest gymnast of all time (people knocking her should shut up and get the shot since we all know who they are) and nearly win the team competition and then win the individual all around. That is just some next level insanity. The owner of the gymnastics center my daughter attends (and who we are friends with) said for other counties that is absolutely demorizing. He isn't knocking Kim at all just saying that she was able to win the gold and she isn't even the team's best gymnast obviously. Talk about depth especially if they do well in the individual events like they are supposed to.

@Rylo Ken Totally agree but if he wins the US, it will be totally forgotten.

Rylo Ken and Juliet316 like this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i detest the way the "greatest of all time" is thrown around, and i don't think djokovic is (it will always be federer for me). was just appreciating zverev's grace.

tom and Rylo Ken like this.
  19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    heels, I just wanna say that post was the greatest of all time

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "The greatest of all time to not win a draft..."

LloydChristmas likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    GB win the gold in the inaugural mixed triathlon after silvers in the men's and women's individual races.

soitscometothis and Juliet316 like this.
  23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Nice! Might we see you in Paris in three years? :p

The swimming events are inspiring to me in a different way. I'm currently learning to swim for the first time (I never learned as a kid), so I'm still working on doing a single lap, but I see the grace of the Olympic swimmers as far back as the US trials and it inspires me to try to match that grace. I'm seeing marked improvement from one lesson to the next over the last few weeks.

24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I grew up in and around swimming. I don't remember learning how. My first meet I was 5 years old. I was a half decent swimmer and I worked very hard at it, until I turned 16 and my parents swerved me towards getting a job. After that I unfortunately never did any serious sports until I graduated from college and got a real job. After that I started entering road races, before that I ran just to maintain my weight. No one ever encouraged me with sports or told me to pursue them in college. It was all about, get a job. Swimming 500 meters in 10 minutes is about equivalent to a running a 10 minute mile. Except that we all seem to know how to run, you can fall, but you likely won't die. You can drown if you don't know how to swim. What I like about running and swimming is I can do them. I can't do a handstand on a balance beam, I don't have the time or energy to organize a softball or soccer league, but swimming and running are for me, easily accessible. The gym down the street from me has a 25 meter pool, that's where I swim laps and it's only $35 a month to be a member. Which is in my book pretty reasonable. Running you can literally do almost anywhere, but the treadmills at the gym are a nice option when the weather doesn't cooperate.

25. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Come on Katie!

5 lengths to go for history

BOOM

I think she just said she was going on to 2024! Oh and even 2028. I didn’t hear that 1st time.