main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Arena 2020 Summer Olympics - Tokyo Japan

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yup. She said that is not her last swim. She is definitely aiming for 2024 at minimum. So yeah 2028 might also be possible And she certainly proved that she isn’t done again tonight.

When it comes to these long swims, she excels. Great job by Titmus as well.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Just gotta hope she can maintain that stamina. Would be cool to go out in a home 2028 Games.

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @heels1785 Hate it all you want but Phelps and Ledecky are the GOAT of all time in swimming aand it's not even a contest. You csn make arguments in other individual sports like tennis and golf but not swimming. Those two spots are in cement.

@Runjedirun We gone to the pool a ton this summer but I mostly splash around in the pool, does that count as swimming? :) In all seriousness swimming is the one sport I wish I would done more growing up but didn't. Just was involved in other sports too much plus never had the right build for it since I always been built like a FB in football. I did have a pretty good backstroke though back in the day. One of my boys is actually a very strong swimmer but has no interest in trying to do it competitively and we are not going ro push into something he doesn't want to do.

4. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Agree with you Luke regarding swimming. But, the whole team is pretty impressive: Caleb Dressel, Lily King, Annie Lazor, and several others have done a great job.

I do think though that given how quickly Phelps’ records are being shared that we might want to consider calling them the Greatest of OUR time.

However GOOT doesn’t sound as good. :p

Pensivia and Juliet316 like this.
  5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Another gold for team GB in the pool, this time in the mixed relay. And they've broken the WR. Amazing stuff!

6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    It's not @Yodaminch just the times he threw up but how he dominate entire swimming meets particularly obviously at the Olympics for so long. The guy in the 2004 Games won 6 gold and 2 bronze medals yet his response was to that was "I will be better in four years" and was. That is straight up next level of excellence which I would bet dollar to donuts will never see again.

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I want to see some javelins flying through the air.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    GrOOT

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, that would make for a fun tattoo for some of them to add. Caleb can start a sleeve on the other arm. ;)

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've been watching the games on and off via Peacock. It's relaxing to have on in the background while I'm playing a video game.

Pensivia likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Watched one of the BMX events this morning. One of the competitors is from Virginia Beach, so rooting for him.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    ELAINE. THOMPSON. HERAH.

Shades of Bolt, celebrating during the run and still breaking the 100m OR.

Flo Jo's Games standard has stood for 30+ years. Just incredible. Wish Sha'Carri could've been in the heat.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Once again Novak Djokovic proves what a tool he is, by withdrawing from the Mixed Doubles bronze medal match in a huff because he had just lost the men's individual bronze. Oh sorry, he was "hurt". Sure.

Basically he screwed over his mixed doubles partner because he had a temper tantrum. So glad he didn't get a medal, but so sorry for her that she didn't even get a chance.

14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    has the skateboarding finished ?

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't really been able to get into the Games this time. The BBC coverage sucks due to the agreement they made for it and Eurosport isn't much better. Most of what has been shown hasn't been of interest to me or has been on overnight here in the UK.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep. One 13 year old and one 16 year old one gold medals.

Simone Biles has withdrawn from two more individual gymnastic events.

gezvader28 likes this.
  17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I don’t watch Soccer normally but when I do I’m always rereminded how over dramatic the players look when they run into each other and slow mo usually magnifies it even more most of the time to me.

Also this announcer whose gimmick/tag is that long drawn out “GOALLLLLLL” is annoying to listen to!!!!!

I used to love playing soccer when I was in elementary school.

ed lmao most of this post is probably “Dem is fighting words”

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  18. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Wow, Team GB have won a second gold in the BMX! I might take an interest in watching adults riding kids' bikes in the Olympics in future.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Hideki Matsuyama is 3 strokes behind Xander Schauffele in Golf in the final round. PGA showdown.

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    My gawd that men’s 100 4x was awesome.

And I know Weitzel is upset about not getting in the water on time but that was a close thing and an amazing silver but she is going to be in her head for awhile on that one I’m sure.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  21. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Zverev takes the gold in a dominating two-setter. Maybe this will give him the boost he needs to win a major.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    tom and Juliet316 like this.
  22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    An Italian won the 100 m .
    I think it never happened.

23. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    And the men's high jump in the space of five minutes! Forza Italia!

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Windsurfing gold medalist Kiran Badloe

[​IMG]

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Field Hockey looks dope af and I would love to try it.