main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Arena 2020 Summer Olympics - Tokyo Japan

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    It's wild how fast they go in sport climbing.

I can't help but feel that there's something missing though that could make it more interesting....

jcgoble3 and Juliet316 like this.
  2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Love the rhythmical gymnastics stuff.

Pensivia and Juliet316 like this.
  3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    12 hours after the contest

I <3 Laura Kenny and Katie Archibald

I've seen Laura race at the Manchester velodrome during the Revolution series along with her husband and a fair few others (Cavendish, Archibald, Wiggins, Fosterman etc...) and watching cycling in the velodrome live is just a stunning experience which I recommend anyone with even a vague interest in taking the time out to watch.

I'll be watching out for more live races in 2022/23, as far as days out goes I don't think anything matches it and I include football in that as the variety of competitions and closeness you get with the riders in amazing (I have a picture of me with Laura (Trott as she was at the time) lining up for the Maddison and she was explaining technique, strategy and where her focus lay before the race began to those of us on the front row.

4. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Unbelievable race for Molly Seidel so far in the marathon in what are brutal conditions. Pretty much at the front of the lead pack since about 3k or so. Would be huge for her to medal in only her third marathon.

Edit: bronze medal for her. The heat leveled the whole field but hell of a race for her.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    nicely done, team usa and pop. wouldn't have expected a gold medal the way things looked two weeks ago.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Congratulations to Kevin Durant on no longer needing to emigrate to France.

7. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Team GB do the double in the Modern Pentathlon, winning gold in both the women's and men's events.

soitscometothis likes this.
  8. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    Quite shock to read about women favourite Annika Schleu and her disobedient horse. The German coach, Kim Raisner, have been thrown out of Olympic for punching the horse. :eek:

Juliet316 and CairnsTony like this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    What a phenomenal gold medal game in baseball. Couldn't have asked for a better, more dramatic game.

Silver is a great result for this USA squad

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    heels1785 likes this.
  10. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    And what is worse, she was overheard telling the coach to punch the horse hard. I felt bad for her when her horse was spooked, but when I heard about the coach, I was appalled.

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    what ? why did they want to punch the horse ?

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Hopefully will be able to catch some track events on Peacock today. I've been enjoying what I've been watching, and this is the most Olympics coverage I've watched since 2004.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Liked for the coach getting thrown out.

14. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    France needs to get back in gear and win this match of VB. They crumbled last set.

grr 2 sets to 2 sets. Their morale went away in that 3rd set. I don’t have high expectations anymore after those 2 ROC comebacks. Russia getting gold probably. Boo

woot they did it!

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Huzzah! I've been watching some VB, but what I've been enjoying the most was the gymnastics and soccer.

Juliet316 and Pensivia like this.
  16. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    unfortunately, I have been too busy this past week to watch much, and I truly love the Olympics. :( And I missed all the equestrian stuff, which is one of my faves to watch.

oh well, as least I was able to catch some of it the first week.

time to start dreaming of the Winter games I guess:p

Luke02, Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The horse refused to do a jump (twice, I think) and the German rider was out as a result. Glad the coach got the heave-ho.

18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    So much for "no spectators" at the marathon. The amount of spectators who showed up anyway looks almost like a normal, non-pandemic marathon.

19. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm not sure since it's technically not in Tokyo if it doesn't fall within those restrictions. Also the fact that it's taking place in public probably makes it much harder to enforce anything.

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    My understanding is that they asked the local residents to please do not crowd around the course, but it happened anyway. Like you said, a road race on public roads like that is extremely difficult to lock out spectators.

Juliet316 and Guidman like this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Women's Basketball put on a clinic of size domination. And man, Britney Griner is really good if that wasn't abundantly clear already...

Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Double-post, but the US Women's Volleyball team just absolutely dismantled Brazil (!!!) to win the first ever (!!!!) Gold medal in Indoor Women's Volleyball.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Two more golds on the final day for Team GB; 22 golds; 65 medals. Can they hang on to fourth place or will the Republic of Cheats finish above them on the medals table?

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Watch the footage and see for yourself.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Loving that globe thingy that closes like a flower.