main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Senate Gaming 2020 US Presidential Election Contest for Colors!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Last I knew the polling indicated that a Biden win was possible. Like I said, mine's his best-case scenario.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    robert martins has actually shown a plausible scenario of Trump win. It's not absurd to contemplate him winning AZ and PA, then if that happens the other swing states are not such a long shot.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No matter who wins, we all lose!

4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    This is one possible legal nightmare/successful voter repression and legal battles for Trump, but he loses at least one of the toss up states. In this case: Iowa. This is one where we don't find out the outcome for many, many weeks, but Biden ultimately prevails, barely:

[​IMG]

jcgoble3, Rew, 3sm1r and 1 other person like this.
  5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    My prediction: Biden with 311

[​IMG]

6. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    You guys are putting up the wrong graphic.

Trump 6
    Biden 3

[​IMG]

Glitterstimm, Yodaminch and Rew like this.
  7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Thanks to Trump skewing the balance so hard, Wormie's 300 member Supreme Court is apparently the only solution is o fix things.

Lowbacca_1977, 3sm1r and Rylo Ken like this.
  8. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    330+ million member Supreme Court

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Then it's like jury duty. Everyone has to do it. No one wants to do it. Supreme Court justice duty. AGAIN?

10. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Idk, those black robes are mighty stylish

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Aw man, who's gonna clerk for me and do all the boring work?

poor yorick likes this.
  12. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    That's what the rest of the world is there for.

13. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    https://www.270towin.com/maps/Y26oR

Sorry, i can't figure out how to copy/paste my prediction.
    Biden 359 Trump 179

Though, oh how i would love to see Texas accidentally go blue...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  14. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    For a minute, I thought about doing actual research and putting effort into this map. Then I was pretty much just "hahaha colors go flippy." I will now surely win this contest, for destiny, too, is a moron.

[​IMG]

Runjedirun, mnjedi, Pensivia and 2 others like this.
  15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, if we're going that way, I'll be optimistic:

Trump: 4 (Barrett, Alito, Thomas, Kavanaugh)
    Biden: 5 (Breyer, Kagan, Sotomayer, Roberts, Gorsuch)

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think somebody already put up the most likely outcome, so instead I'll just go with the goofiest result I saw from running a bunch of simulations:

[​IMG]

It's pretty much a direct inversion of how I expect the swing states to go, plus an inexplicably blue Texas.

Coruscant likes this.
  17. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
  18. Bob Saget from the 90's

Bob Saget from the 90's Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2018
    Pollsters have to be sweating right about now. Another seeming failure of prediction and many Americans are going to start dismissing them completely. I have to believe they are turning over every stone watching for fluctuations, all hoping to have the last, best, most accurate poll before the election.

Part of me believes that Biden is competitive in enough states that he could have many not fall his way, and still win pretty soundly. Even if a statistical error is occurring equal
    to the swing for Trump in 2016, Biden would remain the favorite in enough states to win the electoral college. That’s assuming they are right in that it was the incorrect weighting of education levels in their sampling that was the main culprit for not picking up on those extra Trump voters. Well they swear their counting them now and have adjusted accordingly. That’s also not taking into account the possibility that a polling error could go Biden’s way in many states.

But damned if we didn’t make this mistake 4 years ago so I remain vigilant. Conservative commentators still believe there is a hidden Trump vote, and point to a few brave pollsters giving the edge to Trump. The truth is Trump needs a whole hell of a lot to go right for him again in order to win. It’s unlikely, but possible. Guy is just lucky though, the family he was born into... the fortune and connections provided him...and yet he continues to fail up.

Glitterstimm and Rew like this.
  19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  20. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
  21. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    In a surprise twist, after voters follow their governors lead, Ronald Regans unexpected victory in Maryland prevents either candidate from collecting 270 electoral votes.

[​IMG]

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    my "real" entry:

[​IMG]

i make it a practice to never count on anything good from the people of this country, and i also believe that the power of the incumbency can protect even the most woefully unqualified officials. trump will win because people know his name, and that's how shallow we are.

23. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    [​IMG]

I'm sticking with optimism, so I'll feel good now, even if I'm burned later... Yep, short-sighted.

Swing states, in order of Biden's from where Biden does the best to the worst:

Going Blue...

Michigan -- rewards Biden for 2008 auto bailout, recognizes Trump is dangerous for siding with Anti-Whitmer terrorists
    Wisconsin -- Biden already had it, but the covid outbreak seals the victory
    Nevada -- will be solidly blue by 2024
    Pennsylvania -- with its covid peak long gone and protests scaring white voters, it's closer than it should be for Biden's home state
    Arizona -- a strong Hispanic turnout and Californian expatriates give it to Biden, and McSally isn't helping things for Trump
    North Carolina -- the suburbs pull Biden over the finish line here
    Georgia -- Hurricane Zeta disrupts voting in the whitest and most conservative part of the state, while college-educated white flip against Trump
    Texas -- the youth turnout is huge, but no, Biden won't win it, but I need a map unique from any other to win colors, so I'll give this to Biden

Going Red...

Florida -- the Cuban vote, the GOP Spanish-language disinformation campaign, and poor voter registration cause the Dems to come up short, once again
    Ohio -- finally loses its claim as the great predictor of presidential elections by backing Trump
    Iowa -- if the election happened 1 month from now, Biden would win; the ugliness of the covid outbreak is just starting to turn people against Trump

Pensivia and Coruscant like this.
  24. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Never take things for granted! Remember 4 years ago? Seems so far away! And I laugh while watching this! It still seems unbelievable to this day.

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    [​IMG]

I'm going with a Biden landslide. This is contingent on all votes being counted, which is far from certain.

Coruscant and Rylo Ken like this.