main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Challenge 2021 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails, May 24, 2021.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I am so far behind. I doubt I'll finish my decathlon, but I do have the second of three stories up in my Leia/Ezra series, What Dreams may Come.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Inspired by what is happening now in Afghanistan I re-visited an old story and took some of it to present the hunt for the holocron

3. Starith

Starith Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I guess I didn't even account for the 110 Word Hurdle, got that one too.

Just 50 words short on completing the Triathlon with 400 words... Not sure I can complete another page by then... (By the way, those of you not crazy enough to do this challenge with a comic, be thankful for your word count programs).

4. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Posted the final two events for Thunderbolt and Lightning, the decathlon for my OCs Darth Festus and Darth Ferrus. So that's one of my decathlons finished!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Posted the 4th entry for my pentathlon: An Old Friend (400 word cross-country).

7. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Completed the last event for Our Weakness Is the Same, wrapping up that decathlon.

I think that's going to be it for me this month. :p The Ben decathlon will be finished eventually, I just have to wrap up EtF first. 8-} Thanks so much @devilinthedetails for hosting this event!

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Force Ghost star 5

Jun 19, 2019
    Congratulations to those who have completed some or all of their events, and to those (like me) who have yet to complete some or all of our events, we have until tomorrow to complete them in order for them to count toward this challenge. However, we can always keep writing and updating our stories with events as we finish them so if we don't complete everything by tomorrow that is okay.

@earlybird-obi-wan Congrats on completing a new pentathlon so quickly! I've got it added to the index now:)

@ViariSkywalker Thank you so much for participating in this Fanfiction Summer Olympics! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did:D

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, What Dreams May Come featuring Ezra and Leia is complete! Now I just have to LightSpeed my way to finishing my decathlon.

Part 4 up in Pass On What You Have Learned

And part 5 :D and part 6! Making progress. And now part 7. I just ight finish this. [face_hypnotized] Part 8 up now! OMG! Part 9 is up. One more to go.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Phew, I finished with my contributions for the Summer Olympics:

= “Beautiful madness” (1500 Word Dash, Star Wars Decathlon)
    = “Girl” (Single Sentence Shot Put)
    = “Cover me in sunshine” (110 Word Hurdle)
    = “I, too can command the wind, sir!” (400 Word Cross Country)
    = “(I just) Died in your arms tonight” (4x100 Relay)
    = “Pali sikkhāpada” (100 Word Sprint)
    = "Moon hunt" (Fantastical Fencing, at least 100 words)
    = “Lost place” (200 Freestyle)
    = “Blackbird” (Prime Time Coverage)
    = “Good-bye, cousin” (Water Polo)
    = “Once upon a time...” (AU Archery)

All can be found here and are hopefully according to the rules. I got pretty held up by health issues and beloved folks around me, such as my husband DarthUncle and my mother, were in and out of hospital as well. But here we are. All categories done.

12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    As it is September 2nd, I now declare the Summer Olympics to be closed. I hope everyone enjoyed reading and writing the stories inspired by this event as much as I did. It was a joy to host this challenge, and I hope it was a pleasure to participate as well.

Congrats to those who made incredible and valiant efforts to complete their stories on time.

I will now be looking at all the stories linked in the index to determine who won what medals. The announcement of the winners will take place in a separate post either today or tomorrow depending on how crazy life turns out to be for me today.

13. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I might have failed miserably but this was still fun. :D

I'll get around to finishing it eventually though. :)

14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I didn't finish my decathlon – got stuck on the AU bit, because I still suck at writing AUs, and the return to work was... quite something anyway – so I got 8 events out of 10 on that one. I did, however, finish the pentathlon and, most importantly, I wrote more for this challenge than in the past several years, so all this definitely counts as a win.

Thanks so much for hosting this @devilinthedetails and thanks everyone for sharing your awesome stories!

15. Starith

Starith Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Didn't get quite as much done as I'd hoped, but hey, for joining in the last month of the event and doing this with a comic, I guess three isn't bad. [face_coffee]

16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce the medalists from our 2021 Fanfiction Summer Olympic Events!

First up, we have the medalists from the Star Wars Triathlon. Please put your hands together for:

Bronze Medalist in the Star Wars Triathlon:

Archex/Cardinal: A Fateful Dune by @clone commander bossk

Silver Medalist in the Star Wars Triathlon:

Lance Stormbreaker/Claire Monster: Love is All You Need by @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Gold Medalists in the Star Wars Triathlon:

OC's Dr. Erek Nikana and Nurse Beka Onari: First Do No Harm by @JediMaster_Jen

Leia and Ezra: What Dreams May Come by @JediMaster_Jen

Next up, we have the medalists from the Star Wars Pentathlon. Please give a round of applause for:

Bronze Medalist in the Star Wars Pentathlon:

Song Verse: Speak into the Silence by @Mira_Jade

Silver Medalist in the Star Wars Pentathlon:

Hera Syndulla/Kanan Jarrus: Beginnings by @Raissa Baiard

Gold Medalists in the Star Wars Pentathlon:

Avar Kriss/Elzar Mann: Ocean Song by @devilinthedetails

Vernestra Rwoh: A Light in the Dark by @devilinthedetails

Moniron characters: It happened a second time by @earlybird-obi-wan

Raymus Antilles: Diplomatic Mission by @Thumper09

OC New Republic Soldiers: Comes with the Territory by @Thumper09

Thrawn and Ezra: Outsiders by @Chyntuck

Rose Evergreen Crew: A Rose has Five Petals by @Findswoman

Avar Kriss/Elzar Mann: Working My Way Back to You by @brodiew

Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo: Before the End by @JediMaster_Jen

Mando (Din Djarin) and a cat: This is the Way by @gizkaspice

Jocasta Nu, Yoda, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, and OC's: Archive disasters by @earlybird-obi-wan

Young Qui-Gon and friends: Animal lover by @earlybird-obi-wan

Kyo Durron and friends: The hunt for the holocron by @earlybird-obi-wan

Now, please join me in honoring the medalists in the Star Wars Decathlon:

Silver Medalists in the Star Wars Decathlon:

Ben Skywalker in EtF Verse: The Way Out is Through by @ViariSkywalker

Eli Vanto and Vah'nya: Outsiders by @Chyntuck

Anakin Skywalker: All the Difference by @devilinthedetails

Luke Skywalker: Past Tension by @Starith

Gold Medalists in the Star Wars Decathlon:

Vestri Dain and her band of scientists: Notes from the Field by @Seldes_Katne

OC Cassie and her blood cousin Darth Vader: Strong Black Vine by @AzureAngel2

The Mischief Makers: Mischief Makers by @Kit'

Chaos Twins: Thunderbolt and Lightning by @ViariSkywalker

Ilona Malek: Summer Camp Shenanigans by @Anedon and @Adalia-Durron

Pat Huling (Moniron): Storyteller by @earlybird-obi-wan

Kaagi Adin (Moniron): The perils of draxin collecting by @earlybird-obi-wan

Allana Dio Solo/Darth Festus (OC): Our Weakness is the Same by @ViariSkywalker

Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Luke, Leia, Qui-Gon, Dooku, Xanatos, Caleb Dume, Ezra, Anakin Solo and a few OC's.: Pass on What You Have Learned by @JediMaster_Jen

Moving onto our Non-Star Wars categories, please join me in celebrating the medalists in the Non-Star Wars Triathlon:

Bronze Medalist in the Non-Star Wars Triathlon:

Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier from Marvel Universe): You Are Free Now by @mavjade

Silver Medalist in Non-Star Wars Triathlon:

Identity by @RX_Sith

Next up, please join me in giving a round of applause for our medalists in the Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:

Silver Medalist in the Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:

Jarod and Miss Parker (The Pretender): Three Hours to the Nearest Phone by @DaenaBenjen42

Gold Medalists in the Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:

Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Like the Raging Ocean by @devilinthedetails

Zuko/Mai (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Heart of Fire by @devilinthedetails

Star Trek Ensemble: Communicating and Connecting by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Rookie Ensemble : The Beat Goes On by @brodiew

Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Through a Monster's Broken Gaze by @devilinthedetails

Last but not least, pleasure put your hands together for the medalists in the Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

Silver Medalists in the Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

Zuko/Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender): A Universe of Beaches by @Mira_Jade

Tim Bradford/Lucy Chen (The Rookie): This 'N' That by @Mira_Jade

Kori (Avatar: The Last Airbender comics): Inherit the Earth by @devilinthedetails

Gold Medalists in the Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

Roku (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Fire Burns Everything It Touches by @devilinthedetails

Izumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra): Daughter of the Fire Nation by @devilinthedetails

Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Fire Doesn't Have to Burn by @devilinthedetails

Thank you, everyone, for your patience while I compiled these lists of medalists!

Since there were so many stories entered into the Olympics this year (yay!), I may have made some mistakes calculating who earned what medal, so if I accidentally didn't give you credit for something please let me know in this thread or by PM, and I can fix it!

Congratulations to all our medalists for their hard work and producing some wonderful stories!

It was, once again, a pleasure to host this event! [:D]

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    Well done, all! Much congrats and applause for a stunning array of stories and amazing work all around! =D=

And, most importantly, please join me in a huge HIP HIP HOORAY to @devilinthedetails for running this wonderful challenge again! It is always so much fun and generates so much wonderful work, and she does such a fabulous job running it (and all of the other amazing challenges she’s done!) and encouraging all of us who take part. Thank you for everything, dear Devil! =D=

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha 2 Truths 1 Lie Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations all! I loved the variety and sheer volume of stories [face_party]

@devilinthedetails is indeed inspiring @};- and I am glad to see this challenge is a recurring one.

19. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 18, 2002
    Congratulations to all of our participating writer-athletes, and gratitude to @devilinthedetails for hosting this summer's event! =D=

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    This was so much fun! Congrats to everyone who took part. :p So much amazing work comes out of this challenge and it was a pleasure to participate. Thank you so much @devilinthedetails for hosting again this year. =D= You are amazing.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Had fun participating in and reading the stories. Congrats to everyone. And thank you @devilinthedetails for hosting again.
    And with winter games coming?

22. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Thank you @devilinthedetails for setting up this challenge again!! I really enjoyed being able to participate this time around. [face_love]

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow! This challenge really produced such an amazing variety of stories from a fantastic array of authors! I've enjoyed what both I've read and written so very much, and look forward to catching up on even more from here. [face_love]

Congratulations to everyone and their shiny, much deserved medals! And especially to @devilinthedetails for hosting! Once again you've enrichened our little community here with something truly special! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! [face_dancing] [face_love] =D= [:D]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  24. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Good job everyone! :D

And also, thanks devil. :)

25. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Congratulations to all the participants! You all did a fantastic job. And a big round of applause to @devilinthedetails for hosting this wonderful event once again! =D=[:D]