main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2021 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , May 24, 2021.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Wonderful to see so many people posting their stories on the first day!=D= A nice, strong start, everyone, and I think I have the front page index updated with all the stories posted in this thread so far.

@clone commander bossk No problem! I currently have you done in the index for an Archex/Cardinal Triathlon. So, for the triathlon, you would be completing the following: 1) the 110 Word Hurdle, 2) the 400 Word Cross Country, and 3) an event of your choice.

For the 110 Word Hurdle, your story would be 110 words and would not directly contain the names of your characters in the body of your story though if you put their names in the title, that is okay.

For the 400 Word Cross Country, your story story should be exactly 400 words long. It can be in any genre and on any theme as long as it is about your characters and is 400 words long.

Then, for your third event, you would pick 1 of the following events to complete:

Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star.

1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.

Fantastical Fencing: A story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastical happens.

4x100 Relay: 4x100 words on the four types of love (affection, intimacy, friendship, and charity) as experienced by your character, family, friendship or couple in one post.

200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.

Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

So, the length of the story for the event that you choose could vary depending on what event you pick for your triathlon.

You can post the stories all in one thread and have each story be a separate post.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any other questions if you need more clarification either in this thread or by PM, whichever you prefer:)

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've started my MCU Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier (and by "/" I mean they are the same person, not that it's a 'ship. That would be... well, something ) series called You Are Free Now with the 400 word Cross Country Story Dog Tags

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Quick question. Do the events have to be posted in the order listed in the introduction. Meaning can I post a 110 Hurdle before a 400 Cross Country?

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm being dodgy and not starting my thread until all my stories are done.

6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Findswoman and @mavjade, excellent to see more Fanfic Olympics entries posted. I've got links to them added in the index for easy reference now:)

@brodiew The events don't have to be posted in the order listed in the introduction. They can be posted in any order that you like and that works for your story. So, you can post a 110 Hurdle before or after a 400 Cross Country. Whichever you prefer. The 110 Hurdle can be the first thing you post, the last thing you post, or something you post in between. The order of the events is totally up to you and your story!:)

7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Thanks a lot, I'll get to work right away. :)

8. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, I have more progress to add to this absolutely fabulous collection of stories! :D

I have started my NSW Rookie decathlon with This 'n' That 'n' Those, and my Song!verse Decathlon on the SW side of things with Speak Into the Silence. [face_love]

10. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Mira_Jade Wonderful to see more Olympics stories posted from you! Got the links added to the index for everyone to see now:)

11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    @devilinthedetails

I would like to participate in the Non Star Wars Triathlon in the Star Trek universe if that is alright.

12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Happy to have you aboard! I'll add you to the index:)

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
  14. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
  15. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    The Olympics are well and truly underway, and the index has been updated with our two latest entries by @brodiew and @Seldes_Katne:)

Keep up the good work, everyone! This is shaping up to be an awesome Olympics!=D=

16. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  18. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I completed the Fantastic Fencing bit of my SW Decathlon with chapter 1 of Outsiders (and it's a good thing there was no maximum word count!) Four events down, six to go :)

20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Awesome to see more progress underway!=D=

New story links have been added to the index at the start of the thread. :)

21. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I have posted the first entry for my Kanan/Hera pentathlon: Beginnings

22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Raissa Baiard Magnificent! I've updated the index with the link to your story:)

23. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
  24. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Kit' Great to hear! I've got your story added to the index now:)

25. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021