main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2021 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , May 24, 2021.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  2. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    This is probably a terrible idea considering all the other things I need to be writing, but could you bump my Allana/Festus pentathlon up to a decathlon? :p [face_whistling] [face_batting]

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Sure thing! I'll update the index now:)

4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats on finishing, and thanks so much for participating! [face_party]

The turnout we've had for this Fanfic Summer Olympics is truly awesome!=D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My former job had me getting new inspiration with Archive disasters
    It will be a pentathlon starring Jocasta Nu, Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu and OC's

7. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Thanks so much!

All right, my Allana/Festus decathlon is up!

Our Weakness Is the Same

[face_mischief] [face_batting]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  8. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Glad the old job could provide inspiration. I've added a link to your new story in the index:)

Excellent! I've updated the index with a link to your story:)

9. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  10. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Oh, yes! Sorry for missing those:oops:

Got the links added to the index now:D

11. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    No worries!:D Thanks.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    So is it okay if I take a co author for one of the bits, specifically the last one? The rest is still written by me.

14. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Good question! For some reason, I never considered co-authors before, but since this is the Fanfic Olympics and many Olympic sports have a team component, I think it is only fair to allow team writing in the form of co-authors.

So I would say just let me know the username of the co-author so I can include them in the index and give them a mention in your thread as well:)

Going forward, I would say that using a co-author is an option available to everyone from here on out as long as I am notified so I can add the co-author to the index and as long as the co-author receives credit in the thread as well.

I will also consider any division of writing the co-authors agree to as acceptable. So, for example, if co-authors want to write every event together or if each wants to write five stories to make a decathlon, that is fine by me.

15. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I'm almost tempted to see if I could do this, but with a fancomic instead of a written story. Too 'out there'?

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    And just uploaded the final part of my Decathlon Summer Camp Shenanigans, this 10th part being a combo by myself and @Adalia-Durron

17. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    My Pentathlon "Diplomatic Mission" is complete. Thank you!

18. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    I'd love to have you participate!:D I think fan comics instead of a traditional written story format would be fine as long as the fan comics met the challenge requirements for each event in terms of themes and word count. Word count could be achieved with dialogue and other text boxes in the comics. But I'd be interested in what you could produce if you feel so inspired!

Congrats on finishing, [face_dancing] and I've added @Adalia-Durron as a co-author in the index!

Awesome! Congratulations on completing your Pentathlon=D=

19. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    ^Thanks, good to hear! Now I wish I'd asked sooner...

I do have a question, sorry if it's been asked before, didn't see it if it was: Do sequels count as long as they're new? I've been meaning to make one recently, but so far I've only made a sort of one-page 'extra' that could work as an epilogue of Part 1 or a prologue to Part 2, but I haven't technically titled it as part of anything. Would the actual, yet-to-be-made Part 2 qualify?

20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Starith Yes, a sequel would count for the Olympics:)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    had fun beginning this pentathlon with young Jinn and friends causing more trouble for Jocasta Nu Animal lover

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
  23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Posted another story in All You Need Is Love.

24. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  25. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999