main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2021 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jan 1, 2021.

1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Took advantage of these last two days, it was warm enough for shorts in the AM and light out! Going to be a rough wake up next week when we are back to darkness and 30's. I just got to get through these next 6-7 weeks, the light and warmer temps will return and best of all I can probably sign up for that all so coveted vaccine. Yup, I'm at the end of the line and I know I may not get one until June-July, but even getting to sign up would be a step in the right direction. I don't want to get my hopes up for one any sooner, but yes I know anything is possible.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Two days ago when I went for my walk I was wearing sweats, long johns, winter coat, hat, and gloves. It was warm enough to run in shorts and T-shirt yesterday. I only managed about 3 miles, slowly, but at least I didn't walk any of it. And I'm not sore today, just a little stiff. The warm front is passing, so I expect it will be back to walking in the cold for another week or more.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Walked 30k steps yesterday

4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Yesterday went fort longest walk/run in a long time, looped through the hiking trail.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    3 day weekend for me (Ruth is getting spayed) and 4 day weekend this coming week, so that will consist of many many walks. Also, I'm getting a treadmill at some point.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Barely hit 20k steps yesterday. Got to pump those numbers up

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Had another warm day and got another run in, still slow and short, but a little longer and more comfortable than the last one.

8. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Guy hits 20K steps and says he has to bump it up! :D. You're stepping a weeks-worth for some people. I think you're fine.

Ill be running again soon or at least trying. Realy enjoying the rowing machine but do want to see if I can get back to a 5K run in the 28 minute range which for me is good. I do have early signs of arthritis in my left knee so the doc says I have to be careful. We'll see. Warmer weather here next week so Ill get out there and see if I can even break 30 mins for a 5K run without total cardiac failure. :D

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I finally signed up for a virtual race. Half marathon on or before May 16. I wonder when cities will allow mass events again. I miss running with the masses, but I am still looking forward to a package at my door with a t-shirt and medal. I miss those too.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    4 day weekend, so more walks for me. My life is not as exciting as you guys.

11. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Wow. Half marathon. Good for you. I agree on running with others makes you faster. Me and my daughters best 5K times are always at official events versus the neighborhood runs.

Of course sometimes those other people can make you feel bad, lol. Me and the kid were doing a 5K a few years back and it was blistering hot and humid. We were struggling a bit and got passed by a pregnant lady pushing a stroller with two other kids in it. I’m not joking. My daughter huffed under her breath: "are you !?£#@* kidding me? :D

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I think Grandma's Marathon in Duluth is the first big event scheduled in June. They're planning on having ~9,000 participants across three events. Peachtree Road Race is happening this year too but over two days. I don't think it's the usual 60k+ field though but it'll still be a very large event.

Good luck with the virtual race.

Dannik Jerriko, ZV-83 and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    My whole username came out of the fact that I enjoy long distance running. I do plan for a 26.2 when they are full fledged events again, but I'm not doing that kind of distance without water stops and crowd support. My local road runners are actually doing small in person events, but I'm waiting. The whole point of an in person race is to have water handed to you on the course and eat the goodies at the end, to be able to socialize with friends, see their faces and even sweat on people. It's coming, just a little more patience.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    20k tomorrow I am going for 55k steps at least

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I have gone 31k steps so far. I think I can make it

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Great, keep it up!

I bought a new pair of boots for skating/cross country skiing, due to it being end of season sale. I was going to buy a new pair of skis, but they didn't have any pairs left that fit my height/weight ration. Still though the ice on the lakes is getting dangerous now, I could maybe have gone out yesterday, but now it's too warm. I will have to wait to use them until next winter. If I go up to the mountains over Easter I will get some more skiing done, but the skating season is over.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay 24 miles. I’ll definitely walk a marathon today so I did it!

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Edit window is out but I think this important enough. I did it. Walked 26.2 miles and beat my previous record of 56,500 steps

Sarge, ZV-83 and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I did 3 easy miles yesterday and 9 easy miles today. So that was a total of 12 over two days, the half marathon shouldn't be much trouble. Just a word of advice, running 9 miles got me 15,000 steps while I admire @Jedi Knight Fett for setting a goal and accomplishing it please don't let other's accomplishments push you to injury. The nice weather begs us all to go enjoy the outdoors more, but it also fills the orthopedic waiting rooms with people who go out too hard too fast. Pace yourself, it's a long summer and I hope you enjoy it all!

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Plus, you risk getting burnt out if you go out too hard all the time.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah I probably won’t go another marathon today. Only going about 10 miles today which is my average.

Juliet316 , Bor Mullet and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I just go outside to enjoy nice weather and end up walking a lot. Goals would ruin that so I don’t have goals. Maybe I’ll need to at some point, but for now, I’m going goalless.

Juliet316 , Guidman , Sarge and 2 others like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Do you go different routes each time?

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Two months post Covid and I’m finally to the point where I can walk 2-3 miles at my old normal pace. I want to start running and biking again and maybe do a tri this summer if they have normal triathlons. But I’m afraid to run now because I was not fast even before I got sick and I’m afraid of looking at my time and getting discouraged.

My spring break is coming in a couple of weeks and I may have to pull the old Couch to 5K app out and see what I can do.

Juliet316 , Bor Mullet, ZV-83 and 3 others like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Depending on the weather I might just walk around my house. But it is warming up so now I walk into town and walk around there or walk to the lake and walk around it. Each would be about 10 miles there and back.