main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC **** 2021

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Dec 31, 2020.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

2020: Well, that was crazy.

[​IMG]

2021: Hold my beer

2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You folks are being ridiculous, day 3 of 2020 was "World War III is imminent." We're clearly in a slowdown.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Hi, can I speak to a manager please? I've completed my one-week free trial of 2021 and I am no longer interested as it seems to be malfunctioning, so I would like to cancel my subscription.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Too polite. To fit with the times you have to scream, maskless, in a minimum-wage worker's face, knock over a rack of potato chips, and make claims there's a child sex trafficking ring being run out of the men's employee restroom.

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Nah, we've just completed 2020 and unlocked 2020 Plus mode.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    You know, I'm starting to get that feeling that we probably shouldn't have built the USA on an Indian burial ground of our own creation...

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Clearly, the DC police don't have adequate supplies of canned Twisted Tea.

gezvader28 and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Just you wait and see what 2022 has in store!

Rylo Ken likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    My year wasn’t that bad, but that’s solely because I left the United States.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If my expectations for 2022 were any lower, they’d be at the bottom of the ocean with the Titanic.

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Doesn’t help that 2022 reads as 2020 TOO.

14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I remain cautiously optimistic...

Runjedirun likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Um, I had a pretty great year. The best in a long time, in fact. Got vaccinated/boosted, my mom's health greatly improved thanks to a therapy clinic she went to end of October, I saw a lot of my friends again and hosted things again, Oktoberfest, Chicago trip, work drastically slowed down (it's going to get worse in April though, so I'm looking to jump ship and feeling absolutely hopeless about it), good friend had a great outdoor wedding, went to the movies again, got a PS5 thanks to @solojones, and some other things too that I can't think of right now.

16. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Still a-ways to go until the Marianna Trench.

17. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    How? I've wanted out of this country for 20 years now and it seems like an unreasonable unattainable goal.

Edit: Apart from that I had a significantly better year than 2020. Got vaccinated, got a new car, got a raise, got TWO bonuses, and I went to Iceland and saw an active volcano. That was pretty cool.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, I’m a dual Italian and American citizen, and have lived in Italy for a number of years (and the UK for a bit), and simply moved back to Italy, so it wasn’t as big a leap as it might be for you. A bigger leap for my wife, who is 100% American, but we lived in Rome together for a few years a couple decades ago, and she loves it here (now living further south, and she - like me - loves that semi arid southern Mediterranean geography). She also really gets along with my extended family here, who live an hour and a half away (close enough to see often, but not too close as to become oppressive), so it’s ideal for us both.

In short, the surest bet for you is to marry someone from another country. ;)

But there are other, longer ways of going about it, through renewed work visas leading to long term residency, etc, but that’s hard to advise without knowing the particulars of your situation.

19. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I sincerely hope I die before I ever consider getting married again, but that is a solid strategy.

Bor Mullet and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This year I was the PS5 Fairy. I got them for three posters here and that made me feel pretty good to be able to help beat the scalpers. Also a Halo Xbox series X for a college friend.

I lost 36 pounds this year which bettered my heart health and cut my high blood pressure meds in half. I plan to lose about 20 more this year and try to get off the med entirely.

My Korean went from nonexistent to advanced beginner. I'd definitely like to be able to semi understand things without subtitles by the end of next year, and it's gonna take a lot of work but I'm committed.

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And a ****show it was.

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    NAILED IT

Nah, I went ahead and read the spoilers. It goes pretty much like I expected.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I survived Covid, got on a plane for the first time in two years, had a fairly normal Thanksgiving and Christmas, turned 50, and got a specialized certification at work that I’ve been wanting for awhile.

I have no love for 2021 but there were some good highlights.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Yikes. I got engaged last night. 2021 - what a year.