main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2022 Fanfiction Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 5, 2022.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Opening Ceremony:

It is my pleasure and honor, ladies and gentlemen of the fanfic community, to declare the 2022 Fanfiction Winter Olympics officially open![face_party]

Please feel free to start posting your story threads and to link to your story threads as you create them so that I can add to them to the index so readers will have easy and convenient access to all the wonderful stories I know this Olympics will inspire in all you amazing authors.

Also, as a reminder, signups for the Olympics will remain open until the conclusion of the event, so there is still plenty of time to enroll if you decide you would like to do so or to add an additional challenge.

It goes without saying that I look forward to seeing all the incredible stories I know this event will spark like an Olympic flame=D=

I would also like to take this moment to thank all the authors who have signed up to participate and any readers and reviewers who choose to cheer our authors on from the sidelines. You are all awesome[:D]

Now, onto the Parade of Athletes:

Star Wars Pentathlon:
    @Nehru_Amidala (Grand Admiral Thrawn/Jaina Solo)
    @Kit' (Kit'verse OC's)
    @gizkaspice (Boba Fett and a cat)
    @Thumper09 ( Myn Donos)

Star Wars Decathlon:

@earlybird-obi-wan (Tarko Sanek-OC)
    @Anedon (Ulrika, Ilona, Kinga, Elena, Tobin, and others)

Non-Star Wars Triathlon:

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (Star Trek Ensemble Cast)

Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:

@devilinthedetails (Aang-Avatar the Last Airbender)
    @devilinthedetails (Izumi-Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra)

Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

@devilinthedetails (Lu Ten-Avatar the Last Airbender)

Good luck to all our athletes!=D=

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Excellent! I'll add a link in the index:)

4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    The cat insanity has begun with the first entry to the pentathlon of the Book of Boba's Cat !

5. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Sorry for the delayed response, but congratulations on starting your pentathlon[face_party], and I've added a link to it in the index now!:D

6. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Here's my thread for my pentathlon with Myn Donos: Survivor

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
  8. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, I'm nine days late, but I think I'll start with a SW Triathlon starring Obi-Wan and Satine.

9. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    My humble apologies to all for being a terrible hostess and woefully neglecting this thread:oops:

I have finally updated the index with links to your stories, @Thumper09 and @Kit' ! Congrats on getting them underway=D=

@JediMaster_Jen Thanks for joining the Olympics! It's awesome to have you aboard and with such a great idea for a SW Triathlon too[face_dancing]I've added you to the index. Just make a post in here whenever you post your Triathlon thread, and I'll be sure to place a link in the index.

Now stepping down from my role as hostess to my regular poster capacity I should also make a belated announcement of the links to my own Olympic events that I've started in case anyone is interested:

My Lu Ten Decathlon: Brave Soldier Boy

My Izumi Pentathlon: Fire in Her Veins

My Aang Pentathlon: Blowing in the Wind

All are non Star Wars entries set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

10. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    And here is my entry for the olympics:
    Knights of the Outer Rim

Featuring the first glimpse at the second generation of some of my characters. As in Julien Firestone, the son of Adrian and Marie, as well as Mira Grau, the adopted daughter of Ulrika and Elena. That said, the characters I inthially mentioned for this challenge will still show up.

11. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
  12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Excellent and exciting to see two more stories started!=D=

I've added links to both in the index.

13. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Almost done! Just one final event to go :D Yay!

14. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Excellent! =D=

As a reminder to everyone, including myself, as we approach the homestretch of this competition, that even though only stories completed before the deadline can count toward the calculating of medals, it is not only acceptable but absolutely encouraged to continue working on any unfinished stories. So if anyone wants to add more events as they finish them even after the deadline, I think that is totally cool and awesome, and I am sure that readers will appreciate it.

So we don't have to put too much pressure on ourselves to get everything done on time. We can just do the best we can to finish what we can by the deadline. And then we can do the rest at our leisure as our muse and inspiration allows!

Keep up the good work, everyone![face_dancing]

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Okay so due to my work having massivley increased for the rest of this month I won‘t be able to complete my 10 stories so I decided to downgrade it to a triatlon or at max a Pentathlon which I should be able to get finished.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My decathlon is finished and posted

17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    My pentathlon is finished! YAY!

18. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Sorry to hear about work getting crazy for you (I can always sympathize with work insanity).

I've updated the index so you are listed as doing a Triathlon. If you decide that you would like to upgrade it to a Pentathlon, just let me know and I can edit it to a Pentathlon with no problem.

Good luck with work!

How exciting! Congrats and well done to you both[face_party]

19. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  20. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    My pentathlon is complete. Thanks for another fun Olympic challenge!

21. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats and well-done to you both!=D=

I have added a link to your story to the competition index as well, @Nehru_Amidala. :)

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  23. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    My pentathlon is complete and just in time! (I hope..it's not 12am where I am so I should be ok, right!? [face_nail_biting])
    Thanks for hosting!

24. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Finished and posted just in the nick of time. My Triathlon She Said the Word is complete!

25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Finished my three stories so will keep my entry as a triathlon.