main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania 20th Anniversary of The Phantom Menace

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Corellian_Outrider, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Today marks the date when Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace had arrived in cinemas across Australia back in 1999.

Do you have any fond memories of the event?
    What were your thoughts on the film when you first saw it and compared to now?

Khalia Octa likes this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Pregnant............fat belly with Star Wars written across it.........

September saw Luke arrive.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I remember the anticipation and the marketing leading up to it. The toys, the trading cards, the tv specials, the video games.

I didn't get to see it on opening week though I remember the day I went to see it well enough. I had been playing Episode 1 Racer on the N64 before going to see the film.

At the cinema, there was a very large queue out onto the street. It was exciting going in, I had not experience energy like that before and not knowing what to expect. A packed cinema and waiting for the previews to hurry up so the film could start. Then the fanfare started up.

Overall, I loved it. I came out of the cinema wanting to see it again and also excited to see it what will happen in the next film. Three years felt like a long time back then :p

Thank goodness for the video games to make the time go a bit faster.