main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawamonkey

jawamonkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    hey MJF, they didnt take my number, nor was mine bent or anything... weird

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I got mine Saturday evening... the card is in very good condition, so I'm keeping that one unopened and probly gonna open the one I ordered from Amazon.

I hope there's tons of these around so that scalpers don't get much for them.
    Why can't scalpers just get a job??

3. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I don't know why any of you spent $20 for every R2D2...I just kept returning the merchandise and keeping the R2! Over and over again....24x! total cost: $.24

The R2s rang up for .01 no matter if you had $20 or nothing else.

I feel sorry for all of you that went out and spent $40-$60 for 3 little .01 cent toys.

scalper.

4. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "I just kept returning the merchandise and keeping the R2! Over and over again..."

Not every store is as moronic as yours.

5. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    You Know if that scalper want's to go out back I'm sure I could beat 24 Silver R2's out of him.

Scalpers suck.

6. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    It's funny. the store employee at the register had to ask "her manager" if they had any of the R2-D2s. At first he said no, I showed him and the add and ammazingly it showed up. I suspect foul play.
    I bought a 12 inch Luke and Taun Taun to get the figure.

I agree with you guys, death to scalpers. Glad some of you were able to get yours. Glen,
    TK-602

PS. IMAX at Universal was a blast. Didnt however get a Bantha Tracks. Theatre said we would be handing those out only to find out they themselves handed those out the night before. Ebay here I come

7. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    damn scalpers take all the fun out of collecting, they should go to school and get a real job!

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "I don't know why any of you spent $20 for every R2D2...I just kept returning the merchandise and keeping the R2! Over and over again....24x! total cost: $.24

The R2s rang up for .01 no matter if you had $20 or nothing else.

I feel sorry for all of you that went out and spent $40-$60 for 3 little .01 cent toys.
    "

Way to go, my friend! I can only imagine the truly amazing, intricate and original diorama you'll be creating with 24 chrome R2-D2s! [face_plain]

I hope your house burns down so you don't get to sell any of them.

9. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    His Sign up date is Nov-02. I imagine hes just a sock, posing as a scalper to piss us off.

10. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    Come my friends calm your selves. Anger leads to violence, violence leads to the dark side.
    He's probablly lieing even if he is for real.

I managed to get two R2's. We will porobably give the second one out as a door prize at the Christmas Fan Force Meeting. :D

It was certainly a slow time over at our TRU. I bet they still have some. But that is Alaska for you.

11. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    What of we like the dark side better? 8-}

12. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Maybe the jokes on our scalper friend, I have a feeling this R2 isn't going to fetch quite the same price as his silver Sith Lord friend does, so he'll probably be stuck with an ass load of silver lumps of plastic. ;)

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    \\looks over at sealed Jorg Sacul in his Star Case\\

\\sees poor scalper with no job and 24 silver R2-D2s\\

Sucker. :D

14. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    Scalper boys name is "Laffsalot". Sounds like a joke to me. Theres no way they'd let the same person make 24 consecutive returns.

I ordered 2 the other night, but " I've got a bad feeling about this" so today I bought a 12" Mace windu and got an R2 to be safe. If I end up with an extra, I'll give it to my daughter to display.

I just can't see this being a big item for scalpers for two reasons. First, it's been available online for $10 for a few days now, and secondly most scalpers don't want to fool around buying $20 worth of stock for the one item. On the other hand, if there are people out there buying mass quantities of thisI hope they're stuck with them.

The only way scalpers would want these is if they could buy them by the case out the back door from a disgruntled employee.

15. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    How did one go about getting the silver Darth Vader? Can you still get him?

Well I am now up to three... yes three! Silver R2D2s. Now here is a nice story on the third one:
    So I go in and ask if they still have some. They have two more boxes which is about 70 of them. So I go in, purchase some more toys (Soon I'll have enough to be called a collector. ;) ). Go to the front counter to get the R2 and the guy actually lets me search the box for one. So I now have one with out a damaged box which will be perfect to give awayasa door prize so long as I can keep the little guy safe. I'll also have one to open and one to display now if I want. Might just donate the third to a toy drive.
    So Alaska has a bunch of them. They are not selling fast and they are in good condition except a few that are little bent. But most are good.
    :D :D :D

16. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    The Silver Vader was only available at Toy Fair, Though I'm not exactley sure how one went about getting him. I would sure love to have on though :D

17. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Theres always the evil Ebay. :)

18. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    SirStevesguide is reporting that all the leg's are backwards on R2. Now I look at mine and I can not tell if they are can anyone else?

19. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Some of us were online at the right time and looking at the right place a few months ago for the TF vader. The fan club had I think 50 one sat morning at 6am or something. I bought one for $15 and went back 20 min later to maybe buy a second and they where gone. I was just lucky that time.

20. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Well I'll be damned, you're right Robert. The way you can tell is by looking at the feet. The "feet" angle more forward in the front than in the back. If the legs were attached correctly, the angle int he front would be closer to a 90-degree angle instead of 45 degrees. Hard to describe with words, perhaps someone with a digital camera can take comparison pics with the silver R2 and the POTJ Naboo escape R2. Take side shots of each of them and you can see the difference in the foot orientation.

Now i'm sure some slappy will claim to have an R2 with legs attached correctly, and throw it on ebay and ask $3000 for it. [face_plain]

21. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey guys. the variant that has been discovered has the cabels at the rear of the feet rather than the front like its supposed to be.The legs were simply reversed in assembly. It seems all of them are like this and because of the size of the order it may not be corrected. check any R2 pic and his side feet have the cabels facing forward.
    Hey, who has the lowest number? I have # 21651 Glen, TK-602 SCG

22. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Well, I went to a TRU last night, and had no trouble at all getting a silver R2. I also got myself a blaster for 19.99 [face_blush]

I had already ordered an R2 off Amazon, so it looks like I'll be opening one. :D

It's very pretty, isn't it?

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    When will the Silver R2's be available for preorder on Amazon? I signed up for their notification service as soon as it was posted, but haven't recieved an e-mail yet.

24. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    They're already sold out. Sorry.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bah, last time I rely on their notifications [face_batting]

I take it from these other posts that they can be obtained in-store, however?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.