main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobayodaMN

bobayodaMN Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I got one at the Minnetonka, MN TRU Sun afternoon. I bought 4 figs for my nephews for Christmas and got R2 for myself. The cashier rang up the figs and then asked if I wanted my "R2 guy". I said "Of course!" and she had to go to the Customer Service desk and ask a guy there. The guy looked over at me and my wife and asked if we had bought $20 dollars worth of SW stuff. She nodded yes and then he went into the office and pulled one out of a new case. My R2 is in great condition, numbered 21641 (not sure if that is an actual serial # or not) but it was like going thru security at the airport! All to make sure everyone got one I guess.

As far as the Silver Vader, I ordered 2 from the Fan Club the day they went on sale and got them a few weeks later. They were also available at the NYC Toy Fair I believe earlier this year.

2. bobayodaMN

bobayodaMN Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    How much you guys wanna bet next year there will be a silver Jango or Boba Fett figure?

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    ....It won't be the 25th anniversary next year, silly. :p

4. NotClownJ0KER

NotClownJ0KER Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm going to reverse the legs on mine...hopefully I won't break the little guy...

5. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    Well the third one has fled some where (probably under my car seat or some thing) but here are the numbers from the other two-
    or
    or
    Ages +4
    :D

If you missed them at Amazon try your local TRU. If your TRU dosn't have talk to me cause supposedly we have a bunch.
    :p

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I checked out my local TRU- they had a whole bin full of them by one of the SW fig sections. Got my $20 bucks worth of figs, and tried my luck by picking up three of the R2's (one for the wall, one to open and one for a friend)- figuring the cashiers didn't have a clue about what the deal was. Turns out they didn't, and wrung up my three penny-cause-they're-promos silver R2's along with my four regular figures ::)

7. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Has anyone been on ebay lately? There are something like 400+ silver R2 auctions. The market is flooded! And the scalper scum STILL try and charge $24.99 apiece for em'. and nobody's bidding! HA! Give it a week, and you can buy them on ebay for $5 apiece! And the funny thing is: if the scalpers cant sell the R2's, they can always return them to TRU... and get 1 cent for em! HAHAH!!! scalper scum!Oh, has anyone realized this yet: If nobody bought from scalpers, there wouldnt BE ANY!!!

8. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I looked at Ebay on Sunday to get a good laugh. Some guy was trying to sell 5 R2's for $150.

The sad thing is that people were placing bids on all the R2's. It must be to hard for people to go down to TRU and get one.

Edit:
    I just looked on Ebay some guy was sell 12 of them and has not gottin a bid on any of them.

9. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I believe that is a disease known as LAZINESS. I wasnt able to get to TRU until 2 days after the promotion, and they still had some r2's left. Oh well. i guess some idiots will always pay too much.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm going out to get my Silver R2 tonight. Wish me luck! :)

11. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    okey dokey: i wish you the best of luck sithy:D! i wish i could get an R2-D2 as well.... boo

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope we see a silver Anakin soon.

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hothy, you didn't have to be quite that formal. :p

Why can't you get one? :confused:

14. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Unfortunately for alot of my fellow collectors up here in Canada we are not getting the silver R2s so alot of folks have
    to resort to EBay. Its very grim...

15. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Ebay, A Scalpers Refuge. Mabye you should all petition to Hasbor for a Canadian Release ;)

Anyway, Good Luck Sithy! :D

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Joker, could you let us know if you can successfully reverse the legs on your R2 unit?

I'm not sure I want to open one if the legs are backwards... :(

17. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    ::: Crosses fingers::: Good luck with the droid surgery. Remember to sterilize.

18. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm crossing my fingers for R2 to make it through its surgery OK. :)

19. lafsalot

lafsalot Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    Yes, I am a scalper. I figure anything over .01 is a profit, right? I highly doubt I'll lose money on my investment...unlike ALL of YOU.

I don't even like Star Wars, I just use the merchandise as a method of making money off collectors. You have clearly misjudged me, and have never been more wrong in your lives...except the fact that I live in the basement of my parents' house and need a real job. You nailed THAT one, boy.

All your R2s are belong to ME. By the way, i have one R2 with the legs on straight on a perfect C10 card. HA! Must be a "variant."

R2D2 Sucks.

Lafsalot

20. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I just got my R2 from Amazon and the bubble was dented. Man I can not get one with out a dented card.

Socks and scalpers suck. Go away. And by the way you do not have one with the legs on the right way. they ALL were made backwards.

21. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Who is that fruit cake anyways. There is always some goof who wants to stir up the pot, whatever,

I have heard that also that all the R2 legs are backwards...

22. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Just got mine in along with a landspeeder. R2's card was severely bent and is a peice of junk. And I'm not able to exchange it any TRU. Thanks Amazon.

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I don't even like Star Wars, I just use the merchandise as a method of making money off collectors. You have clearly misjudged me, and have never been more wrong in your lives...except the fact that I live in the basement of my parents' house and need a real job. You nailed THAT one, boy."

[face_laugh] LOL! So true, so true. :p

I think our friend Brian may have returned. [face_shocked]

24. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Hey Sithy, did ya find one on your trench run?

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, mom wouldn't let me go Trench Running tonight because I have a cold! :( However, I did get some work done!...

I called the two TRUs by my house and one said they have about 10 R2s left and the other has about 15. :D They both knew right away what they were, that you had to buy $20 worth of Star Wars Hasbro merchandise to get one and stuff, so at least they're on top of stuff! :)

I'll go tomorrow afternoon, seeing as that my cold is pretty much gone (just a runny nose now) and pick one up. :D
    I'll just buy the Slave I or something and then return it on the weekend. :) I know that sounds cheap, but I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of merchandize from TRU (and other stores) over the years, and right now I just don't have anything that I really want. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.