main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

25Th Anniversary Silver R2

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I got another one today. Dont worry everyone I only have two, one to open and one to keep in the package.

2. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    You could have always donated the extra one to a charity drive. Or help out those who missed the deal. But thats just me doing the light side Jedi in your mind thing. ;)

Where are these scalpers coming from? The dark side of the toy bin is clouding my vision! Soon we will trully be powerless....
    Hmmm how many times have I seen AOTC again?
    Makes you wonder what I'll be saying once I get the DVD. :D

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I went no R2`s. They said they would have`m but none

4. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    "Sure, the legs are backwards."

Maybe i got a factory defect, but my Silver R2 rolls forward, he just turns towards the left a little bit (Maybe he is a NASCAR R2D2???) I try to make mine roll backwards and he falls on his can. *shrugs*

5. three_second_commute

three_second_commute Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    If you buy the $20 worth of merchandise, and get the free R2, do you have to return said R2 in order to get a refund on your merchandise?

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  7. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Got my 2nd Silver R2 :)

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Got mine today :)

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yay for you guys! This little guy rocks! :)

10. forceguy

forceguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I agree. Silver R2 looks cool. I got one last Sunday at TRU after buying an action fleet Solar Sailer, Saga Plo Koon, & POTJ Imperial Officer. The only problem with mine is that it smudges easily (i.e. fingerprints are especially noticeable).

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    That's why you put it in a Star Case. :D

12. three_second_commute

Sep 23, 2002
    Damn, because at Toys R Us the people told me I had to give back the R2 if I wanted a refund on something.

13. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    It sucks that every TRU has it's own set of rules.

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    commute: That stinks. I never had to do that.

I returned my stuff any no problem. :)

15. three_second_commute

Sep 23, 2002
    Well, I took it up there, and this nice lady was going to let me return the 12 inch Mace Windu I bought to get it, but then some other lady walked up and started saying that I had to give back R2 also.
    I think I might just go back up another time and make sure the evil lady isn't working at that time and get my damn money back.
    I mean, the R2 is a cool figure, but its not worth $20.00 by any means, and when you get it for free, I seriously doubt that it hurts Hasbro or Toys R Us at all.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Unless they put the R2-D2 on your receipt, they have no way of knowing that you even got one.

Just act like, "What R2-D2?"

Dunno, just a suggestion.

17. JEDIMASTERJAKE

JEDIMASTERJAKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    When I got my R2 at Toys R Us it rang up 1 cent so I would say they couldn't make you return R2 because you actually paid for him!!!!

18. TOBBI_DALA

Nov 1, 2002
    Without sounding like a stick in the mud or anything, the WHOLE purpose of the promotion is to buy Hasbro products to get the figure. It shouldnt be a contest of who can get the most for the least or how they can fool the stores. My wife works for TRU. She tells me about the people that come in to the store trying to cheat them out of the merchandise. For example, the people that waste time trying to get the store to match Kmart's "$3.00 for SW figures Sale" when the ad clearly says that it is for Sunday and Monday only.

19. three_second_commute

Sep 23, 2002
    Yeah, I feel so bad every time I "cheat" a huge corporation like Hasbro or Toys R Us.

20. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I got mine today when I bought the gunship.

21. TOBBI_DALA

Nov 1, 2002
    *gets off of soapbox*

Sorry. Just an opinion. Been collecting WAY too long. I think i personally put Lucas's kids through college.

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, I'm sure George appreciates it. :p

23. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I just got mine yesterday saw the sign advertisinf free if you spend $20 or more went to customer service they had a whole bunch behind the counter. Hope this helps.

24. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    If you do return the merchandise for a refund (which you need a receipt for) the retail chains are required for you to return the R2 as well. They can deny you a cash refund if you don't return it. It's supposed to be this way at all retail outlets.

Of course, when I got mine at TRU, they just handed it to me from the customer service desk, after I had checked out, so it wasn't on my receipt. So it's kind of their own fault for not ringing it up properly.

25. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I personally think you guys are stealing...But, its your own jimminy cricket you have to deal with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.