main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

30 Years of Expanding the Universe, A Jedi Council event: The Top 100 EU Moments RESULTS!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    It is rather amazing how the Fels have grown...from secondary characters to fill out plots and pilot rosters...to today, being perhaps the 3rd most important family line in the galaxy...surpassing several famous families along the way...families that may have had film connections...

The Fels...an EU success story.

but that's another thread.

ON WITH THE COUNTDOWN!

Should I make some more predictions?

2. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Third most important?

I think, by Legacy, it's safe to say that the Fels have comfortably established themselves as Star Wars's First Family.

3. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    yes, but notice you had to place a provision there (by Legacy)

All Time:

Skywalker

Solo

Fel

4. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Solo doesn't really become an important family name until it merges with the Skywalkers, though. I know in the long run that makes it it's own important lineage, but it's the Skywalker half of it that is important.

So, to revise:

Skywalker

Fel

Fett.

I'm sure all will agree with that :p

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Or maybe:

Skywalker

Fel

Skirata :p

6. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    You're an even braver man than I [face_laugh]

7. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    This has just been extremely awesome to read. Sigh! Unfortunately Lent begins tomorrow and my annual break with the boards during Lent. Is there anyway I can get all 100 in the same place so I don't have to cut and paste?
    Somebody PM me a link to check out during Easter Sunday. Many thanks and I'll be praying for you and sacrificing for your petty little souls (heh, heh...)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    3 virgins and a goat for mine, please. ;)

9. r2d2istheman

r2d2istheman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    Man! Where did you find that pic? It's now my desktop background. Badass Luke ftw!

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    #19- Luke, With 2 Lightsabers, Rescues Jacen; New Jedi Order: Onslaught
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3e/Luke_Onslaught.jpg]

#18- Luke's Force Ghost appears to Cade; Legacy: Broken
    "That was a "woah!", as the reality of that finally set in."
    "This moment I saw as both a relief (Phew... they won't have him live on for another millennium) and a nostalgic one (Hey... this is the guy watching the sunset in A New Hope... That was so long ago...)"
    "It warmed my heart to see Luke filling the role of Obi-Wan for the Skywalker line."
    "At first, it seems like Cade's talking to Syn on the screen . . . then the "camera" pulls back and we see . . . Luke Skywalker's Force Ghost. It's a moment right out of fanboy heaven. There's something mythical about seeing the hero of the films that started it all now dead and one with the Force. It just puts Luke on a whole new level ? he's not just a Jedi Master anymore, now he's The Jedi Master, the wise, powerful mentor returning from the dead. But that isn't the sole value of this scene ? far from it. The dialogue is fantastic, and we finally get to see just how far Cade has fallen, how much he can't stand himself but can't stand to face up to the Skywalker mantle. And then something completely off the deep end . . . "Go away, or I will." Cade threatens suicide. This scene, more than any other, is the key to understanding Cade's character and his complicated emotional state, and Ostrander carries it off perfectly."

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/19/Luke_ghost.jpg]

#17- Luke Defeats Shimmra; New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
    "Proving once again that he is, indeed, a badass."
    "The payoff to 19 books of build up - the leader of the Yuuzhan Vong vs the Jedi Master. Coupled with the lead up fighting the Slayers and you had one of the best EU fights, with LUke continuing to show why he is the greatest Jedi of all time."

"One thrust and the deed is done!"
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a2/LukeVersusShimrra.JPG]

#16- Mace Windu vs. Kar Vastor; Shatterpoint
    "Probably the best fight scene in Star Wars literature. Unforgettable."
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f3/Mace-shatterpoint.jpg] [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d7/KarVastor.JPG]

#15- Wedge Against Two Squadrons of Coralskippers; New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines: Rebel Stand
    "Absolutely amazing display from Wedge."
    "Wedge Antilles, in a communications-disabled X-wing, takes on two squadrons of coralskippers knowing he can't live, but knowing he can't live with himself if he doesn't protect the freighter escaping with him. It's a dazzling display of just why Wedge, even in his forties, is among the true legends of piloting. And it's made all the better by the fact that the concern is real that he will not make it. This isn't X-wing. This is the NJO, and I know that I for one read this with the full expectation that I was reading the death of Wedge Antilles. Then Allston upends expectations and Gavin Darklighter blazes in to the rescue, saving Wedge and adding the cherry of Allston hilarity to the whole situation. It's a perfect example of just what can be accomplished with the bubble burst."
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/9a/Wedge-RebelDream.jpg]

#14- Luke vs. Caedus; Legacy of the Force: Inferno
    "Wow. Probably the most graphic duel in all of SW, but also a good climax and perhaps a hint of what is to come in the series?"
    "When Luke decides it's time to confront his nephew, you can't help but think "How is Jacen ever going to survive this?" The outcome of the fight, although a close call for Jacen, may be a bit disappointing, but the fight in itself is brilliant."
    "The brutality of this duel punches you in the gut while its psychological complexity stirs your brain. Denning is the best. "

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/50/Luke_Swarm_War.jpg] [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/89/Jacen-betrayal.jpg]

11. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    ok i know that overall Jedi Trial is not the best book of all time however, it contains one of my favorite EU moments which i haven't seen here. maybe i missed it. anyway-

anakin charging through the CIS base with the clones following him. the way it described him using the dark side while being totally "in the zone". also when that woman (can't remember her name) dies in his arms like his mom which makes him freak out even more....awesome.

12. Beskargirl

Beskargirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2007
    Wow! That was just about all Luke moments!!:eek: :D

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Luke definitely dominated that stretch.

14. Beskargirl

Dec 2, 2007
    I'd say so.:cool:

15. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    That's okay. He still got Rained out in the end.

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    AWESOME! Wedge rocks!

17. Beskargirl

Dec 2, 2007
    Yes he does. I had a crush on him when I was about 10-12[face_blush]

18. Jaina_SoIo

Jaina_SoIo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    Luke with two lightsabers--I totally forgot about that! HECK YEAH that needed to be right up there! AWESOME!

And YAY WEDGE!!! Anything with Wedge is win. :D

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Apparently when Luke got Jacen's lightsaber, he picked up a little of his posing flair as well.

20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  21. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008

Wedge Antilles' badassery knows no bounds![face_laugh]

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You're imagining things.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/99/Jacensolo_negtc.jpg]

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Honestly, Luke looks like he's impersonating a chimp.

24. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    [Deadpool]Yes, but... a chimp with lightsabers![/Deadpool] [face_skull] :D [face_skull]

25. ARC-77

ARC-77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm glad this one made it. It's possibly my favorite passage in any Star Wars novel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.