main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA 3D TPM Movie PREMIER!! 5TH FEBRUARY at 10AM!!! !! SUNDAY OUT!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Jan 18, 2012.

1. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Not harsh at all. I've seen that said a few times though. This is in no way a criticism of the 501st, nor even LFL (though they do get their pound of flesh out of guys who pour megabucks into costumes that end up promoting LFL for free!). What is a pity is that once the official stuff is done, *everyone* probably won't be able to get together as *fans* for a big group photo of costumed up *fans*. But this is definitely a discussion for elsewhere.

Still!?! Gotta experience something to be able to criticise it I reckon (and there's plenty of criticism that could be directed against 1 and to a lesser extent 2 & 3, hehe). I watched the Matrix 3 the other week (not for the first time I must admit)...man I could tear the crap out of that film (again ;) ).

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Which is why I am dragging my son who I was pregnant with when this came out, he needs to be able to see it like I did, and then pick it apart!!! :p LOL!

Look, rules are simple SAFFers, stay clear of the RL and 501st so as not to upset Mr Lucas. Plain and Simple ;) There will be a few people there that won their tickets from the Advertiser and I imagine they are probably fans to enter the competition. There is a chance that some of these people will have kids and will have shop bought costumes on said kids. If we stay clear of the 501st and RL we wont be crossing any lines. We cant however, control the public, not our call. ;)

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Well at least LFL haven't introduced conscription yet skipp. All troopers are volunteers [face_laugh]

4. oleewankenobi

oleewankenobi Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2010
    Yeah, #3 was a let down IMO too.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Mr STEVE SCHOLZ for inviting us to attend the 3D Premier of The Phantom Menace! We had a reat time and really enjoyed being in Star Wars Costumes again. The kids loved it! Thank you so very much Steve Scholz, we really appreciate your time, your invitation and teh effort you put into the displays in Marion! Sebulba was AWESOME!! @};-[face_love][:D]=D=

All photos here.

6. Merrick77

Merrick77 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2007
    That was a jolly pleasant way to spend a Sunday morning.
    Lots of Star Wars folk from all the groups make Merrick a smiley boy.

7. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    yes it was an awesome time and my kids loved the entire day :D