main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

4-8-15-16-23-42: FFUK Discussion of 'Lost'

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Mustafar_66, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Well since we are going to get it in the UK eventualy I dont consider it illegal. :p

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Since its going to be on TV eventually I'll just watch it then

Otherwise when the rest of my family are watching it I'll already know whats going to happen, which will ruin it.

3. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Well good luck with the waiting for the next season, the 1st ends on a mega clifhanger. :p

Thats the funny part though because you can say whats happening right before it happens. :D

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Yes. But then your family tries to kill you...

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    bastards.

anyone else surprised by the lack of conclusion ?

anyone else think this is going to turn into another Twin Peaks ?

6. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    The last two episode of Lost were great and season 2...

THIS SPRING SUCKERS

7. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    yowzer!! that was superb!!

now, can i wait until spring [face_thinking]

EDIT: at last i can go back through this thread and read all the spoilers :p

8. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    oh god!

those boat dudes...they looked like tramps! on a trampsteamer

9. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I thought that was a great twist at the end. Now I cant wait for season 2

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The Others are quite obviously descendants of survivors from the Black Rock. This would explain the Texan accents as welll as their shabby, sea-faring clothes. Although, how does that explain Ethan? Would he be a survivor from a previous crash on the island and joined the Others, or was perhaps kidnapped like Rosseau's son was and grew up with them. But then how did he get his modern clothes?

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  12. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    perhaps ethan was one of the drug smugglers on that plane (the one in which boone died)? just a wild speculation there.

13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    and Charlie had one of those figures in his bag. I was soo disappointed in him

14. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Great episode! I was a little dissapointed though. I was expecting to get more answers, like what the thing in the jungle is. But it was still a great epsiode. When whats his name blew up I jumped out of my skin! I knew he would die becasue he just suddenly turned up, but I really wasn't expecting him to just explode! And OMG Walt! :eek: So he is the boy that the others wanted! Not that baby! OMG! :eek:

I can't beleive Charlie took the heroin. :( I thought he had finally given it up.

Oh well, bring on Season 2! I can't wait! The trailer had me so excited! OMG Jin talks english! :eek: I can't calm down! Someone slap me!

15. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    * slaps jon *

once a smackhead, always a smackhead. it is still way too soon after he stopped using for him not to have been tempted by so much gear. it would have been more incredulous if he hadn't taken any. and now he has a vast almost limitless supply. charlie and locke will be very disappointed in him.

i was shocked too by jin speaking english.

i have to admit to my impatience though, i am now travelling the same path as mustafar ;)

16. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Episode 10 of season 2 is now available :D :D :D :D :D

17. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I will never download! I have patience. Plus, once a download head, alwasy a download head. ;)

It will consume you until you have to download every show America gets first! Which is pretty much every show.

18. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    (both my brother-in-laws and the whole circle of "friends" that i used to hang out with are all smackheads and have been for several years so i know what i am talking about in this regard. although i am sure that there are people who have successfully quit, and fair play to them, but i have watched smack destroy friendships, families and lives)

nope. only lost has hooked me like this.

and yes hal, episode 10 is available, but i have to get the other 9 first ;)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Last 2 episodes were great
    Interesting twist with the whole baby thing

But in some ways you could see it coming since we found out Walt had special abilities, that must be why the others want him

The insides of the hatch look interesting, I wonder what it is. Could be the base where the others have been hiding which is why they were never seen. Could be a dump for nuclear waste which is why it wasn't designed to be opened (could also explain the "Quarantine" sign we saw in the series 2 trailer"). It could also have something to do with the science team that were there before

That weird tree-sucking machine was a bit odd, but I'm not sure we'll hear from it again since Kate dropped Dynamite down that hole

Bring on Series 2, which will air sometime between March 21 and the end of June

20. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    First time I've posted here but just have to say how brilliant the season finale was :D
    Still so many questions to be answered though, but it does mean they can suck more life out of the show, otherwise the ideas would get weaker and weaker if everything was concluded in one season.

Trying to get the Season 2 opener early is very, very tempting (especially as my friend as it on DVD) but I may wait. Of cause it's all Channel Four's fault for showing it so late anyway. Every non-English person I met last year said how great it was and we hadn't even seen the first episode yet :p
    Although it was nice to have something to watch post June/July seeming as most American serials start in January and have ended by the summer.

Cant wait for Season 2 though....

21. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    sure? Where did they get technology from ? (ie the boat and lights etc) I think they are more likely to be pirates from another bigger island.

I said from the outset (when they first heard the radio message in french) that the Island was a nuclear test station, and I'm sticking to that story.

I interpreted the Hobbit taking the heroin as more of a metaphorical test of faith, rather than him actually using it. The heroin is in a virgin mary statue, often worshiped by christians - I'd be more likely to believe he wants to keep it to remind him that he's clean and give him something ultimate to worship. If he had the heroin, he would have most likely used it after getting cut on the forehead to ease the pain (and he didn't).

22. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

great point.

23. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    How do we know he actually took some of the heroin??
    All we saw was part of the statue, and NOT the heroin itself. It could be the one that was smashed and as Malkie said, could just have taken the broken statue head as a reminder. Of cause, those who've seen some of Season 2 will know the answer to that :p

24. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I know [face_dancing]

OPPM :eek: first time in weeks

25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I've got episode 10 :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.