main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, in Arkanis Sector

Striker was patiently waiting as they spoke to the Duraless. They offered an amount, and they had given an alternate price. So the asked for twelve, which was Oakes price.

"So you do," he replied. Then silence. With a nod, Striker looked at the others. The kid was quiet for now. Oakes and Grim seemed to be intently listening.

Finally, a voice response. "I suppose a few extra credits can be added on considering the not-so-normal circumstances you've had to deal with. Send me an account number and I'll be sure to transfer the funds as soon as I get the data. You can divide it up amongst yourselves later."

Striker grinned from ear to ear, as she looked at the others for confirmation. That was enough to massage a sore spot for days. Course, Striker was gonna claim the kid as part of her crew. Captain's privilege of course. And besides, a few credits would probably help him out some.

Now, having dealt with this type of business all the time, she knew how to deal with this part of the transaction. She had a special account set up. Soon as the money was confirmed, it was immediately transferred out, to another account of hers. That way, it coudln't be tampered with. She preferred a more face to face account, but after what had happened to them, that probably would not be a good idea. That way, they could not be traced, in case those idiots passed the info to the wrong people.

"My crew is four members. Tell you what. You send half. I send half. We each verify. Then we do it again. That way, we dont have to worry about any incidents. Here is the number."

Striker quickly sent the info that they needed. If the others wanted to say anything..now was the time. She reached down, and grabbed her bottle to take a quick swig from it. All the while, she kept an eye out for any unwanted visitors. She prepared a new set of jump coordinates, just in case someone did come looking.

TAG: greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline, Sarge,

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Grim
    Aboard the Mynock, Geonosis

So far the negotiations with the Duraless were going as well as it could be expected. Well, actually, 'better' than Grim himself expected, since in the back of his mind he was waiting for any sign of a double cross. He'd been in so many bad deals that now, not only did he expect to be two-timed, it felt really odd when his danger sense didn't go off almost immediately. Still, he wasn't about to let his guard down and take unnecessary chances. It was obvious that Stryker had the most experience at these things and was doing a great job with the exchange of goods for services rendered. Thus far, Grim had nothing to add, at least not verbally.

Seeing the level of caution in the captain's demeanor, Grim took the hint and began to 'casually' inspect the ship's turrets. He was not foolish enough to power them up as it were, that would be seen as 'foolish and needless instigation', however, the Mynock crew were not by any means hostile instigators, but they were good and ready to defend themselves against aggressors. Up to this point, the 'trade' had been generally 'civil and polite', inherently containing the expected levels of intrigue and tension.

Grim gave both Stryker and Romeyn a reassuring nod as he continued to do his casually check, even as they waited for a response from the Duraless. For the moment, Grim pushed away any bitter-sweet thoughts of 'revenge' and the like. Anger was like a virus, such feelings needed to be purged immediately before they festered and created a bigger problem. 'A cool and focused mind wins every time', he recalled someone saying way back when he'd been a youngling. Reflexively, he pushed those memories aside, lest tragedy follow. Although he had been angry back at the Geonosian tunnels, that was not quite the case now, given the end result. No one had died and they were getting paid. Now they had a good story to tell over Oakes deliciously cooked dinner. That thought made him smile, at least for a brief moment. Truth was, the full transaction was not completed and there was still room for things to go south. That sobering thought brought the ex-jedi back to reality and relegated him back to alert status.

They could all 'celebrate' their good reward after all was said and done, force willing, without any 'incidents'.

Save for the electronic sounds emanating from the various consoles, the ship was almost silent as the crew waited for an answer from their 'employers'.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Sarge

OOC: Sorry for the delayed response and its brevity. It's been rough at work of late. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Duraless
    Arkanis Sector

Once Striker had supplied the account number, the transaction went as smoothly had been hoped. First there had been half of the payment that popped up in confirmation on one of the Mynock's screens, showing that twenty-four thousand of the agreed upon forty-eight thousand credits had been successfully transferred to the account. Once the half of the data that Striker had promised was sent and verified, the other twenty-four thousand was transferred, bringing it to the full forty-eight thousand. The process repeated itself as the rest of the data was sent and...

...and that was it. There was no double-cross, no sign of pursuit, no powering up of weapons, no random ships popping into this section of space with hostile intent, nothing of the like whatsoever. Despite the streak of unusual bad luck concerning the most unusual of dangers and circumstances on Geonosis, it seemed as if something went completely and utterly right and smooth for the crew of the Mynock. The Duraless powered up its engines and turned around from the Blastboat, the freighter immediately taking off and away from the group. At the comms of the Mynock came Captain Noray's voice.

"Well I can't say the same for your end but I'm glad that this was taken care of easily and smoothly," he spoke. "I even left you a little something: a personal number that you can call upon if you feel like some more work. I think we can establish a bit more business together if you ever feel the need. For now, however, time to say our goodbyes."

With a sudden flare of the Duraless's engines, the freighter jumped into hyperspace, leaving the Mynock, and its crew, to their own devices.

TAG: Ktala, Liam, grey, Bloodline

4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Blue Mynock, Somewhere in the vacuum of space

Romeyn watched in grim anticipation as the transaction was carried out. All the while, his eyes darted frantically back and forth between the sensor screens and the cold vacuum of space beyond the transparisteel windows of the Blue Mynock, waiting for an Imperial starship to swoop them all up in a frenzy of galactic domination, sending the four crew members of the Mynock to some distant penal colony never to return to their families again. Closing his eyes, Oakes held his breath and waited.

A tiny ping indicated that the transaction was complete.

Slowly, Oakes exhaled and looked out into the cavernous depths of space. Nothing was out there. No Imperials, no Rebels, nothing except the Blue Mynock and the Duraless.

A voice crackled over the comm, it was the Captain of the Duraless. "Well I can't say the same for your end but I'm glad that this was taken care of easily and smoothly," he spoke. "I even left you a little something: a personal number that you can call upon if you feel like some more work. I think we can establish a bit more business together if you ever feel the need. For now, however, time to say our goodbyes."

And then the Duraless hypered out of the area. For the longest moment, Romeyn couldn't believe what had just transpired, and then it hit him like a durasteel beam in a factory.

"12,000 credits," Oakes whispered.

Romeyn's mind immediately thought of one idea in how that money could be put to good use. For the briefest of moments, Oakes left the cold confines of the cockpit and found his tanned body walking through the endless prairies on a golden afternoon on Roon. Just over the next rise was the family ranch. Just a few hundred feet farther and Romeyn would be able to embrace his family whom he had not seen in the longest of times. Mom, Dad, and his little sister.

Oakes's mind was back in the cockpit of the Blue Mynock where he recounted his journey with the venerable crew of the Skipray Blastboat. He smiled a bit as he thought back to first meeting the confident yet level-headed captain of their voyage, Striker, and Grim, that wise and noble warrior from a time long gone back on Merson. How the three of them had partnered up to tackle one of the most harrowing challenges on Geonosis from the hordes of undead to the rank and file of the Empire.

Never thought I would leave Geonosis alive. Well, you wouldn't, Oakes, if it hadn't been for your friends here on the Mynock. Friends? How strange that word sounds but that is exactly what they are, friends for life Oakes mused as he headed back to the galley to grab a few bottles of liquor to pass around. Even the kid might like some. After all, there were no regulations in deep space.

Returning to the cockpit with the bottles of liquor, Romeyn opened one and poured its contents into four amply sized glasses. Eyes watering a bit as he remembered his journey with his friends, Oakes managed to choke out a toast. "To the crew of the Mynock, a man could not find friends better than the two of you to ride through the challenges of life. While we're talking about challenges I expect that all of us shall have a difficult time deciding what to do with our money. As for myself? Well, I've already decided to go collect my ship, sell off the weapons that were illegally stowed on board her, and head back home to help my parents retire early."

"But," Oakes paused as he looked down at his alcoholic beverage, mouth anticipating the first drops of the liquid. "Until that time comes, let's party!"

Tag: Ktala, Grey, (Bloodline)

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Leaving Arkanis Sector - heading for Corellia

It was over almost as fast as it had began. Once Striker had supplied the account number, the transaction went as smoothly as had been hoped. Grim was keeping a careful watch on the other ship. So far, all was good.

A full forty-eight thousand. No shooting, no double-cross. Striker could like this type of job. As soon as she verified that the creds were there, and all was there, she was grinning from ear to ear. As she began to plot a course, she saw that The Duraless powered up its engines and turned around from the Blastboat, the freighter immediately taking off and away from the group. At the comms of the Mynock came Captain Noray's voice.

"Well I can't say the same for your end but I'm glad that this was taken care of easily and smoothly," he spoke. "I even left you a little something: a personal number that you can call upon if you feel like some more work. I think we can establish a bit more business together if you ever feel the need. For now, however, time to say our goodbyes."

"Until then." Striker replied, feeling the urge to shoot into the tailpipe fade away. Well..a bonus to boot. Nice. She watched as the Duraless's jumped into hyperspace.

"Hmm. Good plan. We should get outta here as well." she stated, still smiling. She began to plot her course. She had been thinking, were she wanted to go if things went well. Had to be someplace good. With a kid in tow, not like she wanted to leave the kid someplace dangerous.

She had thought of Naboo..it was close. But the Holonet was full of chatter about how things were going there. No...cant go there. This was alot easier when there wasnt a kid in tow. As Striker thought of some other places she heard Oakes...

"12,000 credits," Oakes whispered.

The grin returned on her face, as she heard him whisper that.

Oaks suddenly disappeared to the back of the ship, as Striker plotted her course. She didnt want to go near the Core worlds. Not now. And she wasnt a fish...

Corellia.

It was quiet there, last she heard. Empire pretty much left them alone. As long as you didnt do something stupid there, should be okay. Whats the use in credits, if you cant spend them. And personally, Striker could use the break. Too much had happened, and she had a lot to sort through. And it would be a good place to drop off the kid.

Striker quickly plotted a course for Corellia.

A jingling sound make Striker turn around. Returning to the cockpit with bottles of liquor, Oakes opened one and poured its contents into four amply sized glasses. Striker quickly snatched one of the glasses, shaking her head as she looked towards the child. He already was on pain meds..alcohol probably would NOT be a good trot there. Certainly not a full glass.

"DAKS!! Ja Drut!!!" Striker called out.

A few minutes later the furry member of the crew, crept out, pushing her bowl...and a small can inside of it. Striker grinned, as she pointed from the bottle, to Daks's bowl. Striker took out the can, and poured its contents into the glass. A sweet fruity odor came from the glass. Juice.

Oakes held up his glass to give a toast. Stiker noticed that his voice sounded chocked. She was surprised at it, but she simply smiled, as the engines of the Mynock came to life, and the ship turned to take them on their new course. Oakes continued. "To the crew of the Mynock, a man could not find friends better than the two of you to ride through the challenges of life. While we're talking about challenges I expect that all of us shall have a difficult time deciding what to do with our money. As for myself? Well, I've already decided to go collect my ship, sell off the weapons that were illegally stowed on board her, and head back home to help my parents retire early."

Before Striker could add on that, he continued, "But," Oakes paused as he looked down at his alcoholic beverage, mouth anticipating the first drops of the liquid. "Until that time comes, let's party!"

"Here, here!

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Mynock, Geonosis

After the transaction was complete, the Duraless wasted no time in departing. Not a single shot was fired and no one was dead. Instead, they had been paid their just reward and all tension had gone from the ship's cabin to be replaced by relief and then cheerful joy!

Oakes came alive like never before, all vestiges of the angry farmer gone. It was good to see him like this, Grim thought to himself. Even Stryker was smiling, grinning to be exact. Even Daks joined the impromptu party, and Grim would not be surprised if the nameless kid did as well. At least now they had more than enough credits to by him proper clothes and take him to see a real medic.

Grim saw the captain work the consoles and he took a quick peek over the nave computer while the exuberant Oakes delivered a heartfelt speech. Grim was glad he was looking at the nave console and saw the course set for Corellia when Romeyn mentioned 'family'. Grim felt himself flinch as an image of his friend being shot down by a clone trooper flashed in his mind. He quickly closed his eyes and willfully pushed the image away. He wasn't going to allow his personal ghosts to ruin the moment. With a forced smile, he turned and joined the toast.

"My thanks to you BOTH. For being the best crew-mates and sharp shooters I've ever had the pleasure of running with. Three Cheers!!"

Grim had already swiped the glass of liquor Oakes had poured him and took a sip. Without wanting to, Grim made a face, but quickly laughed it off. He could never get used to the taste of liquor, even after all these years and all his travels. It just wasn't a substance for him, though he knew how to pretend to enjoy a glass during social occasions such as this.

"To a job well done!" he declared finally.

It felt good that something had gone right?finally. And what's more, the possibility for more work was open, which meant, Grim could follow his hunch. He needed to do more digging, of course, but if he could find any avenue to those rumored to be fighting the
    Empire?

Well, now was not the time to ponder such things. Now was time to enjoy the company of friends and enjoy the rewards of a successful mission.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, (Bloodline)

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Hyperspace - heading for Corellia

What was that? Striker moved her hands away from the console, after she finished sitting the course, and the ship now flew towards their next destination. The contact info, she stored as well, just in case they found other info, useful for earning credits.

Striker felt something. Then again, maybe it was just her nerves. They had gone through alot, and now, they all had a reason to celebrate. Stiker put the glass down, and sighed softly, even as Daks, now sounded like a very LARGE engine with her loud purring, went over to investigate the kid, moving to sit near him.

"My thanks to you BOTH. For being the best crew-mates and sharp shooters I've ever had the pleasure of running with. Three Cheers!!" ...
    "To a job well done!"
    Grim declared finally.

Striker smiled. She leaned back, rubbing her temples once more. Lana reached up, and programmed her comm center. She wanted to keep an ear open for any bit of info that streaked across the holonets. Or anything Imperial. But the further they got away from that planet, the better she felt.

"We have a bit of travel before we get to Corellia. I invite you guys to relax...take a break..whatever. I, on the other hand, need to close my eyes for a moment. I.... I think Im just tired." Striker stated with a grin. She pulled off her hat and goggles, and laid them near her console, as she leaned back in a stretch.

"I feel like I've been running for a weak." she stated as she stood up. Oakes....if you feel like making a celebration meal...go for it. Showers are available as well. When I wake up, you can tell me how you want your cash..." And Grim......" Striker smiled, and waggled a finger, but didnt say anything as she moved to her quarters.

Striker made her way to her quarters, and gently palmed the controls to open the door. She managed to take off her boots as she crashed on top of her bed.

Tag: grey, Liam, Sarge, (Bloodline)

[/quote]

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grim
    Hyperspace-En route to Corellia

With an uncharacteristic smile on his face, Grim silently watched as Stryker finally took her tired self to her room for a much deserved rest. Grim could feel her fatigue, but knew she was far too focused to let herself rest until all business was concluded. It did feel as if they had been running for a week, which was a feeling GRim was all too familiar with, but at least now, they could enjoy a much deserved respite.

Letting out a long sigh, Grim took a moment to look out the viewport. Hyperspace; there was something soothing about it, he just couldn't quite put his finger on it at the moment.

Now, it was only him, Romeyn and the kid, who still had not revealed his name. Would they leave him in the hands of a social service or take him along on their adventures aboard the Blue Mynock, Grim did not know; but if nothing else, the kid would get a nickname. What it would be exactly, was anyone's guess.

After musing for a short moment, Grim turned in his chair to face Oakes.

"I guess you're really going home, eh?" he started with a good humored chuckle, then nodded his head in understanding. "Yeah, I guess that's not such a bad idea." Grim concluded, then put his hand out for Romeyn to shake.

"Thank you for being here. Meeting you and the captain, it was something I really needed, so thank you?"

Grim gave the man an honest smile and shook his hand, expressing his heartfelt gratitude, not only for his help in arms against the foes they'd faced, but for showing him that the light had not completely gone out of the universe. Things were far from perfect, but it was easy to forget, that there is always Hope.

Tag: Liam, Ktala, (Bloodline)

9. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Hyperspace-Enroute to Corellia

Romeyn watched as the blue tunnel of hyperspace rolled past the ship at a mind bending velocity. Despite initiating the party, Romeyn had only had one small glass of liquor, the man not quite having the stomach to absorb large quantities of the spirits, and that was okay with the farmer from Roon. Real men didn't need to drink their way to a good time.

The party wound down as all parties inevitably do and peace and quiet returned to the cockpit of the Blue Mynock as Romeyn nodded a polite good night to the tired Striker as she headed to her bunk to catch some much needed sleep. Grim remained in one corner in quiet reflection while the kid, who had not spoken in an eternity rested in another, oblivious that his fate would be decided in a matter of hours upon arrival to Corellia.

Grim spoke, taking Romeyn away from his quiet reverie. "I guess you're really going home, eh?" he started with a good humored chuckle, then nodded his head in understanding. "Yeah, I guess that's not such a bad idea." Grim concluded, then put his hand out for Romeyn to shake.

"Thank you for being here. Meeting you and the captain, it was something I really needed, so thank you?"

Oakes stared into Grim's eyes and thought about his own reasons for needing the friendship of this man who had so politely offered his hand and so routinely saved his life, and of the Captain, whose level headed thinking had gone a long way to preventing Romeyn from stepping off into the brink of insanity while in the darkest caverns of Geonosis.

A series of feelings began to grow in the solar plexus of the rancher from Roon. A feeling that intensified as he took Grim's hand and returned the firm grip. Feelings he did not know existed in his repertoire of emotions. For a long moment, Romeyn held Grim's hand in his own, energy and a sense of respect flowing between them, eyes unblinking, souls understanding one another on a very deep level.

Oakes thought of Grim's kind words. His thoughts wandered to home, to family, to a sweetheart he had hoped to one day marry, if he could ever work up the courage to ask her. The pull was strong, very strong. But still the strange feelings persisted. His mind analyzed the feelings and in a split second, Romeyn knew what was the correct path for him to take.

"Going home? Well," Romeyn paused as he gathered is thoughts, "not yet, Grim. Not yet. It seems my conscience just can't leave me alone no matter how hard I try.

Pausing, Oakes sighed and let out a long breath. It was one of relaxation, rather than stress.

"I'm staying."

Tag: Grey, Ktala, Sarge, (Bloodline)

10. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Sorry for the very long wait. I had a terrible time with the last few months of school. My Darth RL forever rot in hell!

IC: Selena
    Geonosis
    Imperial Camp

"Selena Pavari," the officer spoke as he read the listing that came up. "Member of a noble family of the Core Worlds. Wanted for the suspicion of the deaths of the Pavari Family and considered as a traitor to the Empire. Reward is twenty-thousand credits."

That was the payment that was given to the bounty hunters. After a brief wait that had Selena sweating beneath the heat of Geonosis, another stormtrooper came up and offered the bounty hunters a case of what was obviously the reward. Without another word Selena was taken away from the bounty hunters by a pair of soldiers and brought to the Imperial side.

"It's actually fortunate for me that you've happened to stop by," the officer spoke and offered the girl a cruel grin. "There's actually some business that has come up. I could use an extra body to help out. I'm sure some Imperial service will help lighten your punishment."

He was lying and she knew it.

?You are a liar? Selena said firmly. Even though she was not in the position to argue, Selena can?t accept the fact that she would go down as the person who murdered her entire family. That she would live as a scapegoat and the real murderers are at large.

?I did not murder my family? Selena said firmly. Glaring evenly at the officer. ?I never would, I never could if I wanted to. Also, how do I know if this is just some ploy to use me as a tool? And when you are done with me you would have me executed??

TAG: Sarge

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: ROAR!!! I made a wonderful post...but my computer at work ate it! :( So, we try again at home... Time for filler! hehehehe

Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Hyperspace - heading for Corellia

*FLUMP!*

Lana barely heard her boots hit the floor when she kicked them off, and then as she landed on her bed, her face falling onto the pillow that lay across it. Thats right. BED. Not bunk. It was one of the few exceptions she insisted on. If she was going to live on her ship, she was going to have a bed, ce'pah it all!

She groaned, as she curled up into a tiny ball, her blanket pulled up high and tucked around her chin. WHY did her head hurt, and feel so fuzzy?! She was no stranger to alcohol, but she had not drank that much. Not enough to feel like she did right now. Her head was pounding, and she felt as if her skin was suddenly too tight for her. A quick flash about perhaps being exposed to something...but she had checked when that silly boy started talking about atomic's and such.

She pulled the pillow tight into her face, clamping down on a sob that threatened to break to the surface. The Striker in her, was yelling..Stop acting like a baby! You just earned yourself twenty four thousand creds..and yer sitting there, bawling like a baby! But with all that had happened to her recently, pent up emotions were bursting through. Captain Striker had to have a level head, if she wanted to keep alive...but Lara was shuddering.

There was the kid. THE KID. She felt horrible about the prospect of dropping him off at the next planet, but she didnt know what else to do with him. At least he would get some medical care, and perhaps a chance at a normal life. Kaas knows he needed it, after the way they had found him. And then there was Grim. She had heard Oakes call him a Jedi. A term long buried and not used nowdays. They were all dead werent they? She felt something when she was near Grim. She coudlnt place it. Oakes was a good man, and she trusted him. She was glad that they had teamed up. But Grim was different, though Lana had no idea why.

The image of that man having his head ripped off suddenly replayed in her mind. It reminded her of in a not so distant past, with a team of rebel soldiers she had been helping. She had been sent out to scout, and she, being young, just thought it a grand adventure. Sneaking about, beating up on the bad guys, striking a blow, helping folks...all the fun stuff they kept telling her. And Lana was good at her job. Bet she had felt something. Something very wrong and bad. But they sent her out anyway. Said it was very important. And she left them, not sure why she felt like she did.

Lana had returned back to find the gruesome scene. They had been slaughtered. None had survived. Some had not even had a chance to draw a weapon. She had quickly grabbed items, that she knew would help her survive, and then she ran into the darkness. Running before whatever unnamed horror that had gotten them, would find her. She had survived. Her 'luck' had kept her alive.

Lana threw her head back into the pillow, sobbing quietly as she let the emotions she had been holding back for so long, finally spill out from her. Her body shook with the muffled sobs, as she decided to cry out what she felt. She did not even notice as the music that had been softly playing in her room, grow a bit louder, as the sound was turned up a bit more. But at least the crying seemed to help. Her head at least, began to feel better as she did, but she still felt so strange, like a heavy weight was pushing down on her. Her sobbing eventually subsided, but her mind was still running full tilt. There was so much still to do.

She turned over, wiping her eyes, and eventually fell into an uneasy sleep.

She heard her mother humming. Lana looked up, small hands covering her face. She was sitting in a pile of sand, playing. She didnt see her mother. But she saw her father. He was standing tall, over in the treeline, looking far off into the horizon. She always wondered what he was looking for. She saw him looking out many

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grim

Oakes' handshake had been strong and firm, a good sign of his inner vitality and strength, but Grim couldn't help to notice the intensity in the farmer's eyes as something worked itself out in his mind, away from prying eyes.

"Going home?" Romeyn intoned, then paused, gathering his thoughts. "Not yet, Grim. Not yet. It seems my conscience just can't leave me alone no matter how hard I try."

Grim nodded and chuckled softly, understanding exactly what he meant. Romeyn giggled and let out a long breath, as if putting down a heavy weight from his shoulders.

"I'm staying." Oakes said finally, almost as if he'd arrived at a conclusion. Grim almost echoed the man's words in surprise. Should he talk him out of his decision? Grim knew better, and above that, he respected Oakes for the brave and giving soul that he was. This was a man who had, perhaps unknowingly, just made a sacrifice for the greater good. He was willing to stick around with two relative strangers and risk danger rather than go home to the safety and rejoin his family. Of course, these matters were never really all 'that' simple, but Grim made up his own mind to keep the farmer as safe from harm as he could and get him back home to his family. It was the least he could do in return for Oakes' commitment to their adventurous cause.

Actually, there was one more thing he could do.

"There was once a boy who grew up with many friends, he was a happy boy, playing and learning about the wonders of the universe. One day that all changed. On that day, the Emprire came calling to the boy's home and destroyed everything he ever held dear. Teachers and friends alike?"

Grim paused, as he tried not to think of those past events. He had not made his peace after all these years with his loss, but this was an important moment for him. He had never-ever, spoken of this to a single soul. And even though he was betraying no details, the truth of it still hurt and he needed to tell this?vaguely referential tale, as calmly as possible.

"By some miracle, and believe me when I tell you it was a miracle, the boy survived. He grew up in a harsh place, and became hardened, and that boy became a hardened man. Alone he sought to fight the almighty Empire, but for all his adventures and rebellious enterprises, he was less effectual than a gnat against a blazing sun. Years passed, and He had all but forgotten about his friends and his teachers and was lost to self-deprecation and perceived impotence. But almost in an instant, that all changed."

Grim couldn't help but smile at this as he turned and regarded the brave farmer sitting before him.

"Purpose was rekindled by kindness, and strength by the familial bonds of new friendship. The meeting of brave souls have re-awakened him from his defeatist's slumber. You, Romeyn, and Stryker-the captain, have made this possible. This boy who is now a man, has a name. You may know him as Grim, but?friends and kinfolk know each other by name, and I feel like we have become that, even in this short time. Friends. So, now that we will be traveling together, I'd like to re-introduce myself by name. Before I was Grim, I was Jarlen Highmoon."

Grim smiled openly, his face seeming a bit more youthful now that he did not wear his usual dour expression. He put both of his palms together and gave a solemn and respectful nod to Oakes.

"Glad to re-make your acquaintance." he said after a pause, and like Oakes before him, Grim inhaled, then let out a long sigh and finally seemed to give himself leave to relax more than he had in a very, very long time.

Tag: Liam,Ktala, (Bloodline) :p

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynock, Hyperspace - heading for Corellia

Lana laid in the dark, unable to go to sleep. Her body was tired, but her mind was going wild with so many thoughts that nagged at her. Why was she having these nightmares now?! She had not dreamed of her dad in ages. Now, it was almost non stop.

She groaned, as she rolled over. Maybe if she ate something, she would feel better. She sure didnt want anything to drink. She squeezed her eyes tightly, trying to make the images in he mind go away. After ten seconds she quickly realized that was not going to help, so she slowly rolled on her hands and knees, and then got up from her bed. Lumbering, she headed for the 'freshner, to splash some water on her face, and to hopefully make herself feel a bit better.

Lana decided a shower was needed, to get the feeling of the caves off of her. She scrubbed down well, washing her hair. It didnt take long for her to finish her shower, and to enter her room, wrapped in a towel. She was reaching for a new set of clothes, when suddenly the ship pitched, and a high pitch shrilling alarm went off throughout the ship.

"Ca'vek!!!" Striker growled as she clutched her towel and shot out of her quarters, heading for the main controls. She didnt even think of her clothing at the moment, maybe vecause she knew exactally what the alarm meant. The Blue Mynok's alarm systems were going off, because something had moved close to them, setting off the ships proximity alarms. Striker slapped her console, as she leaped into her seat, and began to scan the area. First thing she saw was that there were multiple targets.

"VEK!"

She slowed teh ship, dropping out of hyperdrive. Slamming into an object was NOT a pleasant way to end a trip, especially after making a wad of money. As soon as the Mynock dropped out into normal space, the problem became noticible immediately.

Asteroids. Where did they came from?!

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grim

The impromptu and unrehearsed fraternal moment between, though brief in essence, was shortened even further by a sudden and unexpected jolt to the Blue Mynock, which pitch. Grim was unceremoniously jarred from his seat and had to pivot to one side in order to avoid crashing into Oakes. Thank the force for jedi reflexes.

Before any of the two men could say a word, a shrill alarm began to blare through the ship. Grim look to Romeyn for a brief second, and unspoken question frozen in his visage. From behind them, a shout was heard. "Ca'vek!!!"

Grim immediately recognized the captain's voice, and by her tone he didn't need to guess that something was very wrong. For a brief second, his eyes grew in surprise as he did not expect to see her dressed ( more like wrapped ) solely in a bath towel. Grim quickly averted his eyes, but the captain had rushed past them with great urgency, almost not noticing their presence. Striker leapt into her seat and went at the consoles and controls with focused frenzy.

"VEK!" the captain exclaimed once again, this time with greater emotional content. She must have seen something in the monitors. Inside the span of a few heartbeats, the captain was slowing the ship and dropping them out of hyperspace. Once in normal space, the problem became evident.

"Asteroids!?" Grim heard himself say as his eyes widened in surprise, which lasted only a fraction of a second. His force-danger sense was blaring frantically and his body was already moving, almost as if by it's own will to survive. In a blink of an eye, Grim found himself inside the ship's gun turrets and firing totally by instinct. Shot after shot, each one a close call to the Mynock, Grim pulverized the near-impending threat of a group of asteroids that would have done the same to them. He allowed himself to take a long breath after the initial volley and readied himself for more. Now at the ready, he spoke without looking back at the captain and keeping the targeting reticle hot for more targets.

"Captain, what's the status, what's going on?"

Tag: Ktala, Liam, (Bloodline)

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Blue Mynock

One moment Oakes was enjoying the hypnotic tunnel of hyperspace, his mind free and relaxed, the next sent the young rancher's blood pressure through the roof as the Mynock was ripped out of hyperspace directly into an asteroid field.

Ca'vek!!!! called the captain, rushing into the cockpit to man her console.

"She sure knows how to cuss, doesn't she?" Oakes asked to no one in particular.

Grim had disappeared into the back of the ship and Romeyn's curiosity into his whereabouts was answered by the resounding thumps of laser cannons being discharged. Showers of small pebbles shattered over the transparisteel windows of the Mynock as any asteroids too close were broken up into smaller, theoretically less dangerous, pieces.

"Captain, what's the status, what's going on?" Grim's voice bellowed.

The status Romeyn thought is that we're all about to be pulverized by a bunch of flying rocks.

Clutching his seat tightly, Oakes struggled to fasten his safety harness as the Skipray Blastboat popped and jumped with each impact of rock. Once secure, Romeyn examined the sensor readouts and thought about how to get out of here.

"Captain, you could try micro-jumps to find a way out of this asteroid field. Risky, but could put us in a better position to get our bearings," Oakes suggested, clutching his seat with white knuckles, his stomach threatening to purge itself of its last meal.

Tag: Ktala, Grey, (Bloodline)

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynock, Hyperspace - heading for Corellia

Asteroids.

Striker could not afford to give it much though, as she spun her ship, moving it to miss as much as she could.

She did afford herself a slight grin however, when she heard the ships cannons quickly came to life before she could even say a word. The sounds of small bits scattered across the hull, sounded much better than what could have hit them.

"Captain, what's the status, what's going on?" Grim yelled towards her. Striker was busy seeing how bit the area of asteroids seemed to be, and was looking for a clear path.

"Dont know. Shoudln't be anything here!" Striker yelled back.

Oakes voice chimed in a few seconds later. "Captain, you could try micro-jumps to find a way out of this asteroid field. Risky, but could put us in a better position to get our bearings," he suggested,.

"I like you style, cowboy!" Striker yelled back at him, as her hands danced across the console. Looking at her scanners, at least 3 micro jumps would at least give them a few minutes to plot their next course, and to figure out what was going on.

Striker had many ideas in her mind. Course the shipping lanes were kept pretty clear, because it would be bad for business, if a freighter slammed into debris. But Striker wasn't a fool. Asteroids were also a known tactic used by pirates. And if there were any nearby, she was NOT going to stick around to find out. All they needed to do was to get clear of the rocks..and if she had to hop off of the shipping lanes, so be it.

With a sharp turn, Striker did her first jump. Striker grimaced, as the stars seemed to flip on their ends, as she appeared in the next spot where there seemed to be no large rocks. But there was one good sized one. "GRIM!" she yelled out, but she had an idea that he was already targeting the rock. Daks howled as the ships computers was already moving to jump to the next set of coordinates. The second jump was even faster than the first one, and Striker wasnt sure, but to her eyes, it seemed like the ship was upside down. Of course, gravity and everything inside the ship stayed the same, but luckily they didnt have to stay here for long. The third and final jump made Striker blink a few times, as she looked around.

Nothing.

No rocks. Well, that's good.

Striker leaned over, to check her her panel, when suddenly her towel decided that there was something more interesting on the floor. Well, that and Dak's sudden decision to leap into her lap. She quickly made a grab for the towel, as she quickly remembered she was not alone on her ship.

"DAKS!" Wait.. Why was Daks hissing? She suddenly felt as if something had punched her in her stomach...and she wasnt about to look around to find out.

Striker slapped at a button on her panel, causing the Blue Mynock to lerch left, and take off in an erratic corkscrew, even as Strike initiated another jump.

Da..de..da.da.dum..de..da..da... :D

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

If nothing else, Grim was very glad for his jedi training. He knew he had to remain level headed with all the craziness happening around them. Grim emptied his mind of cluttering thoughts and stayed focused on the task of blasting asteroids. The Blue Mynock's turret had very good targeting sensors, he noticed. They were well calibrated and their response and sensitivity were within acceptable parameters, even for someone with his reflexes. Apparently captain Striker was quite serious about ship's maintenance and up keep. This, of course, was a good thing and something he made a metal note of.

Even so, Grim had to be careful not to overheat the turret, so he kept careful watch to avoid that possibility. A misfire of a power failure was not something he needed to happen at the moment.

In the back of his head, Grim did wonder where the asteroids had come from, since their flight path was clear of any such clusters. Many questioning thoughts would have followed, but those had to wait for a bit later for at that moment, a targeting alarm sounded and without hesitation, Grim fired the ship's ordnance and watched without joy or regret as another asteroid was pulverized and another threat to their lives was taken out of the equation.

A memory flash came to him then. Several weeks prior to Order 66, he had accompanied Jedi Master Adi Gallia on a relief mission aboard a YT-2400 light freighter. Presumably no one knew of the mission or that there were two Jedi aboard, So it was suspect when two separatist ships attacked. Asteroids had been involved in that incident as well and he had manned the light freighter's turrets back then. He had been young, but very capable in a fire fight, and the Jedi Master trusted him to do his part. That had been quite the learning experience, on many levels.

The captain wasn't sure what was going on, but she made it her first priority to keep them all alive. The Force was strong with her, Grim knew that now for a fact. He tried to ignore how that made him 'feel' for the moment and was made glad by her inherent confidence and experience. Despite not knowing her origins, certain things about her began to make sense.

As for Romeyn, the farmer was one of the most sensible beings he had ever encountered in his travels. His suggestion to make micro-jumps was brilliant. It was worth the risk. One didn't need the Force in order to posses clarity of mind. Striker seemed to like the idea and was vocal about it.

"I like you style, cowboy!" she hollered back at Oakes. Grim smiled to himself, enjoying their synergy.

The first micro-jump was sudden, of course, and a little rough, but they had survived, however, they came a bit to close to a particularly large asteroid that loomed over them.

"GRIM!" the captain yelled out, but he was already on the case. In his mind, he needed the asteroid to get a little closer and enter the turret's maximum output event horizon. That was the range at which the turret's blast would be the strongest. In the Force, Grim felt the massive body of rock hurtle right at them and felt for its weakest spot. The targeting alarm blared its warning, but Grim waited a fraction of a second longer before firing three powerful shots at the weak spot. The large asteroid broke into three large, but thankfully smaller chunks. Grim kept firing at them in order of threat value, all the time keeping an eye on the turret heat indicator. This was going to be close. But before anything else could happened, Striker managed to whisked them away from harm's way with another micro-jump.

Grim sighed in relief, though they were not quite out of the woods yet, but at least they were alive.

The second jump was a directional mess upon exiting hyperspace, which for some strange reason made him laugh. It reminded him of an amusement ride back on Coruscant. Grim was not so easily disoriented and stayed on target as far as his protective cover fire duties were concerned. Then the third and final jump was

18. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: Sorry peoples. I've been off and away..military affairs. Taken me far and away from where I've wanted to be, but hey, thats the breaks.Shoulda gave a heads up, thats my fault :(.. I'm back, and if you'd allow me, i'd continue..

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)

"You did it, captain! woo hoo!!" - It was Grim's voice. She heard it just before the last jump.

Striker slowly opened her eyes.

Normal space.

"Captain?" Grim called out. He sounded a bit worried this time. She swallowed hard, to push her stomach back down where it belonged. She didnt like using that particular maneuver, but she was sure they would have been in big trouble if she had not. She leaned her head back, rubbing her temples. She had felt..something. Something nasty. She peeked an eye open, and Daks was happily purring in her lap now. Lana gently reached down, and patted the purring creature.

"You felt that too, heh Daks?" she murmored softly, as she stroked the fur. She then began to lean forward, and check her instruments. She then remembered that Grim had called out to her.

"Are you guys ok!!?!!" Striker called out to the guys, as she scanned the instruments..wait. She frowned slightly. She didnt like THAT light. Not one bit. Nothing major, but it would require a small pit stop. So the kid would be with them.

"Hey ...guys?!" Striker called, as she stood up.

And then she felt a breeze...

"..........................!!!!"

Striker was a blur as she ran back into her quarters. There was a few bumps and thumps, for a few moments, before she stepped back out in a jumpsuit, her hair still wet, but pulled up into a ball.

She looked down at the floor for a moment, before she spoke.

"We have to do a pit stop, before we get to Corellia." She looked up at Oakes. "We ran into asteroids, in a shipping lane. But I dont think it was an accident. I think we better find a way to hide our path the rest of the way...so we need to sit down for a moment."

Striker rubbed her temples once more. "Denon is close. And we can both split up the profits, and I can pick something up for the ship. Shouldnt take us more than an hour. And we can hitch on the back of a ship leaving there...to hide near. That way, if anyone else is looking for us...they wont find us."

"Unless you got another plan. I dont like the idea of what we ran into. That is also an old Pirate trick, when they wanted to board spacers. And I dont plan on sharing my creds with any of those guys. Then again, they might have been looking for something else..."

Striker looked over at Oakes again, and gave a slight nod. She then smiled.

"Ok with you guys?" She asked them.

Tag: Grim, Liam, (Bloodline)

OOC: Welcome back, Bloodline's! Just jump in and post something.

20. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC:almost done, whew..been awhile lol

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Asteroid field, En route to Corellia

Only stars and the vastness of space, and thankfully no asteroids.

Grim sighed in relief as he saw that they were no longer in 'obvious' danger, though something was nagging at the back of his mind.

"Captain?" Grim called out with some concern as he unseated himself from the ship's gun turret.

"Are you guys ok!?" the captain called out in response from her pilots chair. Grim smiled thinly to himself, glad that Striker sounded well, though he did sense a bit of anxiety in her.

"Oakes, what's the word?" Grim called out as he reached the main deck. By now he knew that the farmer was not fond of rough space flight, and Grim doubted this time was any exception. "Are you ok, buddy?"

Before he could utter another word, Grim felt something whisk past him. He half glimpsed the captain and quickly brought a hand to cover his eyes as he turned around. GEEEZ!!!

There were a few bumps and thumps coming from the captain's quarters as she was apparently looking for something, and a moment later, she stepped back out in a jumpsuit, her hair still wet, but pulled up into a ball. Grim caught sight of her peripherally and paused to listen , as it looked as if she had something to declare. He had taken a moment to check on the kid who seemed to have been passed out all along. Grim wondered how the kid would feel about being dropped off on Corellia, but was himself having second thoughts about such a decision, given the current political climate concerning force sensitives. Still, this was not his ship or his command and the final word could not be his, despite his feelings.

The captain finally seemed to gather her thoughts and began to address them all. "We have to do a pit stop, before we get to Corellia." She looked up at Oakes. "We ran into asteroids, in a shipping lane. But I don't think it was an accident. I think we better find a way to hide our path the rest of the way...so we need to sit down for a moment."

Grim gave the captain a quizzical look, almost as if he were trying to read words as they formed inside her mind. Asteroids in a shipping lane 'not' an accident?

Striker rubbed her temples once more. "Denon is close. And we can both split up the profits, and I can pick something up for the ship. Shouldn't take us more than an hour. And we can hitch on the back of a ship leaving there...to hide near. That way, if anyone else is looking for us...they wont find us."

At the mention of Denon, moved to the nav-computer and checked on the planets coordinates, proximity and status.

"Unless you got another plan. I don't like the idea of what we ran into. That is also an old Pirate trick, when they wanted to board spacers. And I don't plan on sharing my creds with any of those guys. Then again, they might have been looking for something else..."

Striker looked over at Oakes again, and gave a slight nod. She then smiled.

"Ok with you guys?" She asked them.

"Alright Captain?" Grim said looking up from the nav-computer. "I resign myself to your expertise in these matters as I am less familiar with pirates and their ways.Denon seems a safe enough planet to conduct any necessary business before we head to Corellia. We can also discus a few things while on planet."

At that, Grim jerked his head towards the kid, signifying that's what he wanted to discus.

"Just give the word." He asserted after a pause.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, (Bloodline) ( WB! Bloodline, glad to see you buddy. When are ya'll coming home? *hopes very soon [face_praying] )

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Blue Mynock

Romeyn felt sick. All that sudden motion, the jerks, the jolts, the sheer terror of looking into the eyes of death with every micro-jump, every loud bang that struck the hull of the ship. Oakes had just gotten used to the idea of regretting his suggestion when the chaos stopped and the Mynock floated peacefully in the black void of space, away from the asteroids, away from the unpredictable nature of the galaxy.

Rushing to the refresher, Oakes missed a great portion of the conversation between Striker and Grim. His main priority now was purging himself of a queasy stomach. Having satisfied that particular urge, and wiped the bile from his mouth, Oakes emerged from the refresher a shaken, but much relieved man.

"Are you ok, buddy?" Grim asked as Oakes entered the cramped confines of the Mynock's cockpit.

"Yeah," Oakes replied weakly, feeling embarrassed that a tough rancher such as himself succumbed to motion sickness with relative ease.

Motion sickness never seemed to bother Romeyn on the wide open prairies of Roon. Even with a nerf bucking under him in the county rodeo, Oakes rarely was sick. Something about being in space, the way it affected everything that a person was got to the rancher. Up was down and down was up. Yeah, that pretty much summed up the experience Oakes had with space flight.

"Can't wait until we get to Corellia," Romeyn grumbled.

"We have to do a pit stop, before we get to Corellia." She looked up at Oakes. "We ran into asteroids, in a shipping lane. But I dont think it was an accident. I think we better find a way to hide our path the rest of the way...so we need to sit down for a moment."

Striker rubbed her temples once more. "Denon is close. And we can both split up the profits, and I can pick something up for the ship. Shouldnt take us more than an hour. And we can hitch on the back of a ship leaving there...to hide near. That way, if anyone else is looking for us...they wont find us."

"Unless you got another plan. I dont like the idea of what we ran into. That is also an old Pirate trick, when they wanted to board spacers. And I dont plan on sharing my creds with any of those guys. Then again, they might have been looking for something else..."

Romeyn never knew that anyone could pull an asteroid into a shipping lane. He was naive to the seedy workings of a galaxy that largely went beyond his horizons. Being out in space, sharing these adventures, was good for Oakes. Probably one of the best experiences of his life.

"Whatever you want, Captain. Just want to plant these here legs on terra firma," Romeyn said, suddenly wishing he hadn't eaten so much earlier.

Glancing over at Grim, Oakes whispered, "I'm fine. Just an upset stomach, that's all."

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Bloodline

23. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    IC: Kiyan Tsudo
    Aboard the Blue Mynock

The child had long finished his glass of juice and even managed to eat a couple of cookies as well. The quiet roar of the spacecraft's engines in combination with the medication in his bloodstream produced an almost tranquil effect. He could see himself falling asleep, submiting to his body's exhaustion. 'Just a few minutes to close my eyes' he thought to himself, yawning quietly. It had been a long and surreal trip that was for sure. His mind was plagued with worry and fear.

"UMPH" he coughed and with a reaction he sat up from his reclined chair. A rather large creature was upon him.
    Daks leaped from somewhere near the Captain's helm and landed gracefully on Kiyan's belly.
    She purred with great comfort and gazed with large eyes at the child before laying down with outstretched limbs.

"Allright, allright. Just this once, eh?" Kiyan grumbled sleeply. Daks tilted her head as if to say "goodnight", to which the kid grinned sleepily and scratched her behind the ears. With closed eyes he finally allowed himself to be swept away to the place his dreams always seemed to take him.

He was here, there and everywhere in between. Nowhere in particular, but still in a certain place. Darkness and light were one and the same. Admist it all, the same slender hooded figure was quite a distace away from where he was and was beside him. He couldn't fathom it himself, much less begin to explain but here it was.

The figure silently smiled at him from underneath her hood. Her jet black hair seemed to flow about as if great gusts of wind surrounded her. She was majestic and simplistic. She seemed to carry great spirit, and a great sadness. Her hidden beauty left him speechless. "I-I-I, wh-who, what are you?" he stammered, wheeling backwards, as he tried to make some distance.

The child found himself in the same exact spot as he had been in. It seemed as if he never moved. The hooded figure stopped smiling and dropped her hood. He strained to see her face but her face was still hidden.

"Faith little one"

BOOM. Violent vibrations echoed throughout the cabin of the sturdy spacecraft. Gentle florescent lights crackled outside: fragements of rock blew around the external light shield of the Blue Mynock.

He sat up in his seat bewildered and shocked. The sickness of being ejected from deep slumber made his skinny body sluggish and unresponsive. Daks hissed in unhappy shocked and jumped towards her usual home near the helm. In his perphials he noticed what seemed like the remains of an asteroid field of some sort, but judging from the expressions of everyone else, this occurance didn't seem normal. The look on Oakes face represented exactly how the lad felt: just pure sick and weary. He understood completely.

At the suggestion of Deron, Kiyan raised his head with slight dread. "Or, we could head to Tatooine. I know my nana is probably sick with worry about me. Plus it is so large if we are being followed, they will have a hard time trying to track us.Besides,my nana would enjoy the company." He shrugged and awaited everyone's thoughts on the idea.

TAG: Ktala, Liam, Grey, Sarge,

OOC: hope this is allright :)

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Blue Mynock

Nodding his head, Grim agreed with Oakes concerning the captain and her suggestions regarding pirate activity. Moving to safety was of highest priority at the moment, though he would soon inquire of Striker for further details. By now the small band had forged a good bond of trust among them, so it stood to reason that the captain met no opposition whatsoever.

Grim was also glad to see that Romeyn was feeling better, given the recent turbulence they had encountered, and it also seemed that someone else was roused by their 'rocky encounter'

"?we could head to Tatooine." Interjected the belated and youthful voice of their newest passenger. The slave boy they'd picked up back on Geonosis seemed to have rejoined them after a fitful nap. Well, make that former-slave, Grim mused as he corrected his thinking. The boy was a free being while aboard the Mynock, as far as he was concerned.

"I know my nana is probably sick with worry about me. Plus it is so large if we are being followed, they will have a hard time trying to track us.Besides,my nana would enjoy the company."

A muted silence followed after the boy had spoken. It was clear that he was of a single mind, but things were just not that straight forward. The universe was a tad more complex than that. Feeling eyes on him, Grim decided to be the next one to speak. Clearing his throat, he smiled as he proceeded.

"How's the foot?" he asked as he looked down at the boy's bandaged foot where a vibroblade had been stuck earlier. "Pretty numb I bet." Grim asserted as he joked to ease any tension.

"You'll need to have a real doctor look at that, and to do that we need to go to the nearest planet with suitable facilities. I'm sure we'll stop at Tatooine eventually, but right now we need to keep a low profile if we're ever to get you there and that means following the captain's orders."

Grim took a step towards the boy and ruffled his hair. "Eat up if you're hungry, we still have some traveling ahead of us." Leaning over, Grim reached a tray of treats Romeyn had produced and offered some to the kid.

"And by the way?.I think introductions are in order. I'm Grim, and the man with the trustee-Blaster Rifle behind me, that's Romeyn." Grim thumbed over his shoulder at the adventurous farmer. "And that's over there, is Striker, our yon but oh-so audaciously bold captain. Daks I think you've already met." He said with a chuckle.

"So, what is YOUR name?" Grim asked after a pause, which was held for a moment. It seemed the kid had a whirlwind of thoughts going round inside of him.

"Don't you worry, we're all friends here. We'll take you to see your nana one way or another?Relax!"

That, Grim said out loud, but some of the mirth left his face as he was the only one facing the kid. Almost inaudibly, he whispered; "Much fear I sense in you?"

Tag: Bloodline, Ktala, Liam

25. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    IC: Kiyan Tsudo
    Aboard the Blue Mynock; Cockpit

The child gave Oakes a small, warm smile.Color was steadily returning to the mans's cheeks, and he appeared to be in much better spirits from the last time they interacted with each other. Perhaps it was because he had just escaped two harrowing situations with his skin intact, or maybe..it was just the feeling of safety being aboard the Blue Mynock. Whatever the case was it appeared that Grim was pleased with his results.

An awkward silence sat around the room after Kiyan's suggestion. It seemed to him that he may have overstepped his boundaries by making a destination offer and the last thing he wanted to do was to alienate himself from the good graces of the group. He snuck a small glance at Stryker and said quickly "oh,sorry..I wasn't trying to direct anything, but you all helped me, so I just thought...". He closed his mouth and slunk a good three or four inches down into his seat. 'Good job numbskull' he thought to himself miserably.

The moment Grim cleared his throat the child immediately sat up straight, a quizzical look planted on his face. It was something about him, mystical even. It was a strange feeling to be had, almost like the man was somehow gauging his thoughts and emotions but that couldnt be true...could it?. Grim's demeanor, the way he sat, talked and laughed was unlike anything the boy had seen before, at least on Tatooine.

The inquiry of his foot wound brought him back the world in motion. Kiyan had been so immersed in his thoughts he forgot all about his injury completely, or the pain medicine was significantly stronger than he realized. He nodded timidly and averted his eyes away from Grim and to his foot. The extremity deeply soiled with blood from earlier was heavily bandaged almost to the point it resembled a small pink club. The dressing made it hard to walk and impossible to move. Nevertheless the child nodded timidly and respectfully "it's allright, i've had plenty of accidents and things happen to me..it will be okay". He knew that Grim was trying to raise his spirits and he was grateful for the effort, though futile.

"You'll need to have a real doctor look at that, and to do that we need to go to the nearest planet with suitable facilities. I'm sure we'll stop at Tatooine eventually, but right now we need to keep a low profile if we're ever to get you there and that means following the captain's orders."

Kiyan frowned at Grim. "What's a 'faycilty?' is it like a bathroom? why can't we just use the one here?"

Grim took a step towards the boy and ruffled his hair. "Eat up if you're hungry, we still have some traveling ahead of us." Leaning over, Grim reached a tray of treats Romeyn had produced and offered some to the kid.

Kiyan laughed at this good natured gesture as his lengthy dark hair covered his face and waved his arms overhead. "I'm not a human! I'm a wookie and I demand tree bark, or eh...whatever it is that wookies eat. BUGS! MUCH BUGS!". He grabbed a handful of treats and with one swoop stuffed his face full of brightly colored confectionary delights. Daks looked at him with bright eyes and purred as if she was lightly scolding him for eating so many sweets. "NO, it's not alot Daks i'll be able to sleep just fine!" the boy responded which was countered with another purr. For some strange reason it seemed like he was on the same wavelength with the creature, if that was possible.

"And by the way?.I think introductions are in order. I'm Grim, and the man with the trustee-Blaster Rifle behind me, that's Romeyn." Grim thumbed over his shoulder at the adventurous farmer. "And that's over there, is Striker, our yon but oh-so audaciously bold captain. Daks I think you've already met." He said with a chuckle.

The child bowed his head once to each of them respecfully as he had be taught to do. They seemed to be nice people, a rare commodity in the outskirts,most namely Tatooine.

"So, what is YOUR name?" Grim asked after a pause, which was held for a moment. It seemed the kid had a whirlw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.