main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Anyone (particularly comic fans) watch this? It just started up last week. What did you guys think?

To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I haven't gotten around to seeing Smallville yet, so I dont have a superhero tv show to compare it to. However, I think it did a rather good job with their premier, insomuch as you can really make an origin story really feel unique. It's interesting to see a darker character after the focus on Batman and the Avengers movies (it feels largely based on the overall tone of Batman Begins). I'm excited to see where they take this.

Watch the first episode

Oh, and Deathstroke ;)

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I actually liked it. It will seem familiar to many as it and Batman Begins have quite a bit in common, sort of telling the same story in a differant way though the origin story is quite a bit like the original comic.

When I first started into to comics and RPG's Green Arrow was a character I gravitated to for no better reason than his blatant ability to stand up to Batman where other characters seem to back down from his authority.

I see Deadshot is on the bill and Kelly Hu will play a role as villain as well.

3. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I watched and enjoyed it. It's a bit darker in tone than Smallville (though I stopped watching the latter around the time Green Arrow was introduced in the show) but fills the superhero niche nicely. I haven't really ventured into the comic book waters outside of the Bat family, Wonder Woman, and some Superman, so I'm not overly familiar with Green Arrow which probably helps my enjoyment since I'm not constantly comparing it to the comics.

I do know enough about Green Arrow to recall that Speedy was his sidekick, so I'm guessing, in this version, Oliver's sister ends up as his sidekick?

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm not familiar with the comics or Green Arrow at all, but I loved The Avengers so much, I decided to try this and expand my superhero repetoire. I really enjoyed the premiere.

5. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Anyone know when the Huntress episode is coming up? Since this is the only place they're putting the 1990s-2000s Helena Bertinelli Huntress, I'm hoping it makes enough of an impact to bring her back in some form soon.

6. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
  7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I have not yet hoping once Comcast comes out this week and takes care of the issue that I can catch it. Looks neat from all the previews

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

8. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well that was a lot better than I expected. A lot better. Will definitely be watching this show weekly

Though has everyone else called
    Tommy Merlyn eventually becoming a villain? I mean he wore purple, and he's the heroes childhood friend. He has arch-nemesis written all over him.

9. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Plus,
    he slept with the hero's ex-girlfriend. Definitely villain.

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Definitely, Only villains break the bro-code.

11. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Well, I think it's a safe bet he'll be a variation of Merlyn

12. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    This first episode looked pretty good, though the ads from the CW streaming site were just obnoxious as hell. Seriously, after the Bing ads played for the 5th time, I will deliberately Avoid their service.
    Only have a fragmentary knowledge of GA, mostly from the JL/JLU cartoons.
    Still, the potential here is good.
    But I'm going to be waiting for netflix DVDs or streaming, just to avoid the ads.

(There was a pretty funny argument on another board about a super hero killing people (the bodyguards) being bad/wrong.)

13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I like this show, too. I'll be a weekly watcher.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I haven't seen this week's episode yet. As good as the pilot?

15. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah it was. Rather similar (in a good way) to the first, so if you liked it you should like this one. I like how they set up the dual plotlines of modern-day and Olliver on the Island; both are getting very interesting.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sooooo…this is a not-spinoff of Smallville?

17. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Correct

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I must have missed EP2. I am back to work and don't stay up late enough. I hope they repeat.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot wait to see the entirety of the Royal Flush Gang. The villain choices for this series are bizarre... but, in a positive, outside of the box manner.

20. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    You can watch it on the CW's website

NYCitygurl likes this.
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I was about to say that ... Actually, that's how I watch most of my TV :p

Jedi Merkurian, no, there's a different actor (and, I believe, a different backstory?).

22. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Picked up for a full 22-episode season =D=
    via Twitter

23. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So Deadshot, he was awesome except
    When Oliver shot him in the eye with an arrow and killed him. Maybe he can walk it off?

24. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Damn :eek: Lot's of setup for next week; it's gonna be exciting ;)

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well I have to give it to Starling City Police, they certainly are more competent than Gotham in figuring out who their vigilantes are. It took them what, a few weeks?