main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Alphabet Squadron: Victory's Price (book 3) by Alexander Freed (March 2021)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Coming out on March 2, 2021.

https://nerdist.com/article/star-wa...final-book-title-cover-reveal-victorys-price/
    [​IMG]
    Synopsis:
    In the wake of Yrica Quell’s shocking decision—and one of the fiercest battles of their lives—the remnants of Alphabet Squadron seek answers and closure across a galaxy whose old war scars are threatening to reopen.

Soran Keize has returned to the tip of Shadow Wing’s spear. Operation Cinder, the terrifying protocol of planetary extermination which began in the twilight of the Imperial era, burns throughout the galaxy. Shadow Wing is no longer wounded prey fleeing the hunters of the New Republic. With its leader, its strength has returned, and its Star Destroyers and TIE squadrons lurk in the darkness between stars, carrying out the fallen Emperor’s final edict of destruction—as well as another, stranger mission, one Keize has championed not for the dying Empire, but for its loyal soldiers.

Alphabet Squadron’s ships are as ramshackle and damaged as their spirits, but they’ve always had each other. Now, as they face the might of Keize’s reborn juggernaut, they aren’t even sure they have that. How do you catch a shadow? How do you kill it? And when you’re finally victorious, who pays the price?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Fantastic news. I'm in the process of reading Shadow Fall now.

Freed is probably canon Lit's MVP and I'm sure this book will be as terrific as AS was and SF is proving to be.

I also hope the reference to His Imperial Majesty and Keize's "another, stranger" mission has ties to the reborn Emperor on Exegol. :D

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I'll be getting this as I liked the first two. It's on the Amazon UK list.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Really like the cover designs for this. March eh? Finally, I can read books 1-2.

PimpBacca likes this.
  5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Really excited for this. Cover has some light spoilers you would only know about if you read Shadow Fall.

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Very excited about this.

7. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Wyl looks like he's aged quite a bit.

8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I wonder if Wyl Lark is going to be the only member of the Alphabets to come out alive (not sure about Kairos yet).

9. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Wyl looks like he aged about 30 years.

Daneira likes this.
  10. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    That's a hard question. A while ago I saw him described as the only traditional Star Wars character in the story. I feel like him surviving and ending up the hero is as equally likely as him dying.

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I sadly see him trying to reach Blink and ending up realizing she's a psychopath.

12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    With all the trickery and obfuscation they’re doing with Kairos’ species, I wouldn’t mind if this one ends with her revealing herself as a Grysk.

13. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    You know when (not if) the ROTJ Certain Point of View comes out in 2023, I hope Alexander Freed gets a shot in this and we end up with Wyl Lark during the Battle of Endor and maybe we'll figure out what happened to those four other pilots he mentioned back in Book 1.

14. Wrinty

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually, if that is Wyl, that has to be him after a long timeskip. Maybe the book jumps forwards to the ST era at some points.

15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I thought it was Soran.

16. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    He’s holding a Rebel helmet, and the ship beneath him is an A-wing - safe to say that it is Wyl.

It’s nice to see a Star Wars book get released earlier than expected, and not pushed back (cough-Mandalorian-High Republic books-cough).

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Wrinty

Apr 8, 2007
    Plus we've already seen Soran in comics and depicted on covers.

18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I figured it was Nath, but it's supposed to be Wyl. He's still aged more slowly than Yularen in the Clone Wars.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit, I didn't expect Jared Leto to play him.

20. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Can't wait for this book to release.

21. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen with Wyl (the others not so much).

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am super happy how quick this is coming out relative to Shadow Fall.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wasn't Shadow Fall bumped due to Covid? Or am I thinking of Ascendancy: Chaos Rising?

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Chaos: The Thrawn Ascnedancy Chronicles: The New Adventures of Rising got pushed forward rather than back IIRC

25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Its original release date was in May.

Jedi Ben and darthcaedus1138 like this.