main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 60+ Years of James Bond 007

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Die Another Day is turn off your brain. The sword fights and action is entertaining if you can disassociate it from Bond seriousness. That is hard to do in the Craig era.

2. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Do you think Bond will survive in a post-Me too era and a time of antipatriachy? I am not trying to stir debate, I am just wondering if 007 can weather the storms of scandals in the real world.

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I think YOLT and DAF are better together.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Bond is an anachronism at this point but they straight up had the new female M call him an anachronism in Goldeneye in, like, their third scene together

M: You don’t like me, Bond. You don’t like my methods. You think I’m an accountant, a bean counter, more interested in my members than your instincts.
    BOND: The thought had occurred to me.
    M: Good, because I think you’re a sexist, misogynist dinosaur. A relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms though wasted on me obviously appeal to the young woman I sent out to evaluate you.
    BOND: Point taken.

so it's something the series has noted and continues onward as basically the same guy with booze, bullets and women.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Lets hope that is enough to appease those who would roast 007 over his flaws.

7. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Absolutely. Apart from the Connery and early Moore eras--which contain some admittedly repugnant material--there's nothing really offensive about the Bond/Bond girl dynamic. He's a government killer that's drawn to women, and women in turn--usually the broken kind--are drawn to him. (Whether feminists care to admit it or not, there are plenty of females in real life who are attracted to Byronic and/or dangerous types. So there's a bit of verisimilitude to the better films in the series.)

Kato Sai likes this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I hope you are tight. I love the Bond franchise for its stories, escapism, travel, and more.

9. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    That was addressed as far back as the first of the John Gardner books, License Renewed. If I remember correctly, even though there are nods to the then-modern era (like Bond now smokes low-tar cigarettes and drives a more fuel-efficient car), M says that Bond is still needed. There are still villains in the world, and they need a blunt instrument like Bond to take them down for good. I'd say that still goes for today, even if they do some adjustments for current society.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Skyfall indeed addressed the need for modern knights like Bond who must do battle in “the shadows.”

11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    They addressed it when Dalton took over too, although the real world issue back then was because of AIDS hitting the news and casual unprotected sex was frowned upon.

BigAl6ft6 and soitscometothis like this.
  12. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    Seen during the pre-show for tonight's "Rifftrax Live" show:

DID YOU KNOW? - Due to tax incentives, the next James Bond movie will forego exotic locales and take place entirely within the city limits of Effingham, Illinois.

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Its because they opted for the Austin Martin Electric Csr. It nroke the budget.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Daniel Craig and the Bond 25 crew arrived in Jamaica yesterday, to start location filming this week.

BigAl6ft6 and cwustudent like this.
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Tomorrow there is suppose to be annoncements about Bond 25 according to an article on Google.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Cast revealed.

I'm happy Jeffrey Wright is returning and Rami Malek is a great choice to play the villain!

BigAl6ft6, EHT and cubman987 like this.
  17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Leiter! I’m satisfied.

BigAl6ft6 and cwustudent like this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Too bad there's no title yet, but we got a plot synopsis (this is also included in that "cast revealed" article linked above).

Synopsis
    Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    007: Endgame :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Bond: Don't Stop Me Now

PCCViking likes this.
  21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Bond has become Fleming.

22. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    there was a 20 minute special on Bond25 last night on Sky . They were in Jamaica talking to cast and crew , ( Craig was wearing a weird outfit ).
    the girl who played the sexy robot in Bladerunner 2049, Ana de Armas, is in it too .

it didn't reveal much of course , but apparently this is definitely Craig's last.

23. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    The only prediction I'll make is that, one way or another, Bond will be single and unattached by the end of the movie, most likely in the most tragic possible way. That's just the way these things work out. So far as I know, the last happily married spy in fiction was Maxwell Smart.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My favorite 007 Intro:

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Never Say Never Again

Kato Sai likes this.