main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT "A Backwater Planet..." A Clone Wars short story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by OM-685, Oct 20, 2017.

1. OM-685

OM-685 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2017
    A semi-short story that introduces new perspectives from the raging Clone Wars that dragged even the most peaceful planets into chaos and war...

"A BACKWATER PLANET..." A STAR WARS STORY

Tucked away in a corner of the Outer Rim sat a small planet called Huchea. Almost every being in the galaxy would raise an eyebrow at the name, as if it were something pulled from fiction. Even the most educated scholars would struggle to point to it on a star map. Of course, this was the case with many other planets. Even though it was incredibly hidden, the Clone Wars still stretched all the way over to Huchea and dragged it straight into the middle of the war. Most Hucheans were upset, of course, and took it to themselves to shoo away the invaders. Hucheans, due to their isolation, had plenty of time on their hands. They built weapons, set up shops, set up factories, whatever you could think of.
    However, even they couldn't fend off the rage and fury of the Clone Wars.

"We are now departing hyperspace," the B1 pilot droned.
    "Excellent," the tactical droid, TV-5125, responded. "Prepare the landing party and ready my shuttle."
    "Roger, roger," it said, pivoting to face the screen on the console. TV-5125 had been placed in charge of the small invasion fleet that was soon to orbit Huchea. The C.I.S. had discovered the planet through scouting missions, and had taken notice to its resources and technology. They would be seizing it for the Confederacy and using it against the Republic.
    "The landing crafts are ready, sir," the pilot reported. "They are on stand-by along with your shuttle."
    "Good. Launch the invasion," TV-5125 ordered. He climbed out of the control chair and started away. He pointed towards a B1 commander. "You are in charge. Form a blockade and do not move the fleet until I order you to," he explained to the droid.
    The commander nodded and took TV-5125's place in the control chair while TV-5125 walked towards the elevator. His orders were to capture any tech that could be useful, and detain any rebels. He had no doubt that most the population would resist, as he had calculated the odds of Huchea's residents rebelling against the invasion. TV-5125 wouldn't let it get in his way. A few rebels would never put a dent in the Confederacy's plans. The odds were slim.

The Huchean governor, Mikel Husel, stepped out of his office and onto a balcony. In the sky above, C-9979 landing craft descended to ground. From rogue HoloNet signals, he could determine they belonged to the C.I.S., but what would they want with Huchea, a backwater planet? He wouldn't find out until they landed. He summoned his personal guards and readied his speeder. He knew they wouldn't attack on sight; they were probably here to ask for something. Weapons, most likely.
    "Take me to the landing sight of those landing crafts," he ordered the pilot.
    "Right away, sir," the pilot responded, gripping the controls and pulling the speeder into the street. Bystanders walked by the governor and waved, smiling at him while he sped past. Mikel waved back to the pedestrians, and turned back to the sky. A small shuttle was now descending. It was most likely the commander. Mikel still had a pit of worry in his stomach. He couldn't trust the C.I.S. from what he learned watching HoloNet. Apparently, there was a war going on. He supposed they had found Huchea on a scouting mission and were just here for supplies. They would be leaving shortly. His planet was of no importance to the war; he had no reason to believe they were invading. There was still a chance. But the governor went with his guts for this situation, and he was soon about to learn the truth.

TO BE CONTINUED?

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Like so far. :)

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Looks alright so far.

Nice to see how a backwater planet figures in the galactic scheme of things, and how they react to an impending close encounter of the third kind - Contact - with a CIS' invasion fleet.

4. OM-685

OM-685 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2017
    "A Backwater Planet..."
    A CLONE WARS SHORT STORY
    PART II

The small speeder that belonged to the Huchean governor, Mikel Husel, hummed as the craft sped towards the landing site of the Separatist invaders.
    "I see the landing crafts on my scopes," the pilot reported. "We're almost at our destination."
    Mikel nodded at the pilot, acknowledging his statement. The knot in his stomach tightened like the pilot's grip on the controls as they edged towards the landing site. He could hear the clattering of droids and the hum of tanks.
    "The landing crafts are in sight. We'll be there in a second, sir," the pilot said, interrupting his thoughts.
    "Very good. The sooner they depart our planet, the better," the governor responded, shaking his head. He hoped the conflict would be resolved shortly. His people could never possibly handle the oppression of the droid army, having seen what they did to occupied systems on the HoloNet.
    It was at that moment the speeder reached the landing site. Mikel could clearly see the camp the droids were setting up.
    C-9979 landing crafts were parked around the open terrain, forming a half ring around the main camp. Crates were being unloaded via repulsorcrafts, with battle droids painted blue pushing them out into the mass of crates in the ring below. Squadrons of battle droids marched out of the landing crafts while MTTs and AATs slowly hovered out.
    Mikel saw a shuttle parked next to the half ring of landing crafts, with a tactical droid ordering a commander. The commander nodded and marched off to meet with its comrades.
    "Take me to that droid," Mikel ordered. The pilot nodded. He gripped the controls and pulled the craft towards the tactical droid.
    Instantly, AATs pointed their guns at the speeder and battle droids stopped in their tracks to aim at the approaching governor.
    "Stop, stop! Don't fire! I seek peace," Mikel quickly shouted, waving his hands. He gestured for the pilot to stop. The pilot eased his grip on the controls and the speeder slowed down. Mikel climbed out with his two personal guards, approaching the tactical droid that was staring at them with its hands folded in front of it.
    "Who are you?" the tactical droid questioned when Mikel stepped up to it.
    "I am the governor of this planet," Mikel responded. "I seek peace. What is it that you want?"
    The droid examined him slowly and finally divulged its orders.
    "I am here to seize your weapons for the Separatist Alliance. Any resistance will be meant with punishment. We will also be occupying your planet until we have taken all the resources required to continue the war on the Republic," the tactical droid buzzed, making small gestures with its hands to emphasize its response.
    Mikel gulped and blinked quickly. He hoped he could talk them out of it. If not, he couldn't guess what could happen. The droid must have read his concerned look, and instantly addressed him.
    "Your people will receive no fatal wounds or injuries. Unless, of course, they resist. It is required we have resources to overthrow the tyrannous Republic," assured the tactical droid. It didn't help Mikel's fears, but rather sent his worries through the roof. The droids would likely be staying far longer than they said they would. They would probably stay until they had squeezed Huchea dry, leaving its residents stranded on a rock that could hardly sustain itself. Mikel shuddered at the thought.
    "I... I should discuss this with my people. Are negotiations open?" Mikel nervously asked, his hands clenched in his fist as he tried to avoid twitching his fingers due to his state of uneasiness.
    "They are, in fact," the tactical droid responded, "but I don't think you should be able to discuss this with your people. We can discuss it privately." The droid nodded towards a security droid, painted red, and it raised its blaster.
    Mikel barely had a second to even flinch as the droid fired on him, grazing his shoulder and delivering a fatal blow to the guard behind him. The bodyguard stumbled back, alarmed by the blaster discharge, and fell over.
    The other guard quickly raised his blaster, but never had the chance to pull the trigger on the droid as another security droid gunned him down, leaving Mikel's ears ringing and the smell of burnt flesh in the air.
    The stunned pilot behind him quickly trying pulling the speeder away. It was likely he was abandoning Mikel. There was no hope of getting him into the speeder and away from the scene in time. An AAT swiveled its turret at the speeder and opened fired.
    "Look... out!" Mikel gasped before the explosive bolt crashed into the speeder. It disappeared in a blaze of fire and debris, showering Mikel with droplets of metal.
    "You are now a prisoner of the Separatist Alliance," droned the tactical droid. "Your planet is now under military occupation."
    Two security droids grabbed Mikel by the arms and dragged him to the shuttle. He had little energy left after the chaos that ensued after the battle droid fired on him, and all he could do was shake his hand and whisper, "No..."
    His people would surely perish now.
    TO BE CONTINUED