main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Brand Spankin New Star Wars Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Wormie2, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I just have a hunch that they'll say you accepted the pay they gave you when you cashed the check.

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Yeah, that's why we're going to ask the Labor Dept. when we call them this morning. I'm gonna make multiple copies of the check, too. And probably not cash it. :(

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Em..that sucks! i'm sorry..i hope it works out!!!!!!

Wormie..:)
    i'm still confused..

4. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    To my xfiles buddies here at starbucks..

it shall end..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A252-2002Jan18.html

or just go to the washington post..and click on style, then television..

:)

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I knew it was bound to end sooner or later. [face_plain]

6. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    THE PATRIOTS WON!!!!

Wow, what a game. I really thought we had lost the whole thing.

If you watched the game you may have noticed that its sort of snowing here. Its very pretty but I hate shoveling.

T, glad to hear you're employer was in the wrong and you can file a complaint for your money. What a bunch of idiots for even trying to pull that stunt.

IT'S MINI-POLL TIME!!!(Newbies, feel free to answer this too.)

1) When did you join the JC? (I know the dates are there but some people joined earlier than the dates listed)

2) How did you come to discover the JC?

3) Why did you choose your user name?

4) What section do you hang out in the most?

5) Do you collect Star Wars memorabilia? If so, what?

7. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Who says ya can't double post anymore?

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Howdy all! Sorry I've been MIA here. I've started the new job and have to sign in at 6:45 am....YAWN!! No more daytime access to a PC. :(

Welcome to the new folks! Sorry about the job, CA. Congrats on the car, T, when you get it. (We haven't had any snow at all this year.) Wormie: I used to be afraid of needles.....until we had to practice giving shots to each other in nursing school. I'll gladly let a professional do it now, LOL!

Poor X-Files, but it should've ended last season, IMHO. Ah well, there's always the DVDs - if you can afford them! A good friend of mine is collecting all the DVDs and finds some way to mention the fact that she has Season 4 (my fave) to me every single time we talk on the phone. Rub it in, why don'tcha?!?

1) When did you join the JC?
    Whatever date is under my name.

I was looking for a MJ action figure and followed a link from Jade Crusades, I think.

It's the name that I get called more than my real name with 'Jedi' stuck in front of it.

Here.

Books, I guess. Miscellaneous stuff over the past 10 years and the NJO series.

9. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    although this is goingn to sound remarkably like Trace's..

1) When did you join the JC? (I know the dates are there but some people joined earlier than the dates listed)

November 1999 :)

No idea..i think i was looking for news on SW after i realized i was interested in it (yes it was only in 1999 that i got sick of talking ot myself about sw :))

jade (obivous) 5-19-99 Episode I's opening date

here, and fanfic

Books booooks books (EU NJO etc)

tiem for work (as fro x-files i'm glad too :))maybe this season will be uhh better :)(not that its bad, its just has some potential now)

10. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    End of November 2001.

I was surfing the net for SW sites, and I came across TFN. I saw the forums and it looked cool so I joined up!

I've used 'Lisa' in my other screen names, which (I think) comes from my obsession with The Simpsons, and i *really* don't want to put anything like "Jedi" or "Darth" in front of it, like soooo many people do here.

Classic trilogy, and The Social Party! It's the most excellent party!

Mm, not really. I'd rush out to buy the DVDs of the OT as soon as they're out. But generally I don't collect anything. As you can see from my bio.

That is all..

11. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Sorry I've been vacant. My net time is a small fraction of what it used to be now.

Sorry to hear about the job Ben. You'll find one.
    Hope you enjoy having a car when you finally get it T. :)
    You've started at the new place Trace? Is it better than the old job like you were hoping?

MINI POLL:

June 2000, though I didn't start posting regularly until January 2001.

Via the TFN site. I was hunting for some book news, and decided to look at the boards while I was here.

Purely accidental. Stuffed up writing in a small-time characters name, and decided to keep it.

EUC, Lit and Communications. Although I go to nearly every board we have.

Books and comics. I think that I've spent more on them than Ben has on his figures.

Edit: What a guess. I've spent in excess of $5-6k Aust.

12. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I'm sure I came here once or twice in 1998, I lurked from Feb 99, and registered in July 1999.

Just while searching for SW sites, I think.

The best Wedge name as yet untaken.

Community and UK FanForce

Vintage and modern toys and ships. I must have spent £2000 on it easily.

13. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Early November 2000. I joined the day after I discovered it. I spent a day surfing around.

I had just finished reading Balance Point and was curious to find out when the next book came out. I followed a link from Kathy Tyer's website and VOILA! Here I am.

It's a name I've always liked and thought I would name my daughter (if I ever have one). Funny though, the name is now distinctly "mine" so if I ever do have a daughter I'll name her something else.

Starbucks, JC Community, Communications, and I still wander into Boston Fan Force.

I have a couple of Pez dispensers, the Xmas ornaments from Hallmark, Ep I DVD (but still no DVD player), a couple of Trapper Keepers with varying Star Wars characters on them, and all the books. Hey Kadue and CA, the books are so expensive I'm sure I've spent almost as much on them as you have the models and figurines.

It is the most beautiful morning here. Wonderfully sunny with 5 inches of freshly fallen snow and the sky is as blue as can be. All the tree branches are covered with snow and it looks like a canopy of delicate sparkling lace hanging over the yard.

:)

14. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    I was looking for mp3's by Bobby Darin and look what I came across:

"Wanna Be A Jedi"

15. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    3 posts in a row, eh? It's official, I'm talking to myself. But that's okay...I'll just keep on talking. :D

Harrison looks old. In a way he reminds me of James Stewart. Not physically, but in his manner. He's very soft spoken and has that incredibly dry wit. Loved his comment when he received his award, "Its wonderful being nominated in a category where the competition is all dead."

Ewan looked kinda freaky (okay so shoot me) in that very British mojo kind of way. I didn't catch Hayden.

Best s/n I've seen today while debating on Yahoo's message boards: RageAgainstTheAnsweringMachine

16. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Hayden didn't win. :(

But Moulin Rouge got some awards! :)

I saw LOTR tonight, not bad, but I don't think that I want to see it again... well... maybe if I get to see "Forbidden Love" again. :D

What it says, Feb. 2001

I was surfing on TF.N one day during Earth Science (I was the only one who was finished with all of my work), when I came across "Cool topics of the Jedi Council". I saw "Episode II Line by Line" and I read that entire thread. When I got finished, I registered.

I like Jar Jar, and I thought "Jedi" would be cool to put on after it.

Starbucks, and The Social Party. (Now starting back in the JCC.)

Books, toys, magazines, and a few assorted things.

Hey, I didn't tell you guys, I got paid $75 for selling programs at my old high school's wrestling tournament. :)

I got my tickets for the Celebration on Friday morning... I can't wait!

Oh Tim, before I forget, I got the pictures back of my house with Christmas lights. I'll scan them soon and send them to who wants to see them. :)

17. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000

Late 1998, under my old name, Darth Sinuous, which I lost in an email address shuffle. :_|

BK's been here since late March 2000

My dad told me about it. He had a name here for a while, but it probably dropped in the host move. Back in the days of Darth Eric and his banned-when-the-mods-see-them threads... <<nostalgia>>

Darth Sinuous was because I wanted a name similar to a Star Wars one, but with another meaning as well. This one was just on a whim, and it payed off.

RPF, because all my DFs and the Jedi Lightsiders are there, but here is next after that.

Very occasionally I'll buy a toy or a Lego set. Other than that, not really.

18. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    T, not sure if you heard but Carol Burnett's daughter, Carrie Hamilton, died on Sunday. She's the one that I got to see play Maureen in Rent when it was here in Boston. That was the show where the press kept touting Simone but it was Carrie Hamilton that stole the show. I didn't know she had been sick so when I heard the news I was very surprised.

How is everyone? And more importantly.....where is everyone? lol

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Where is everyone?

*Looks at self*

Why I'm still all here. :D

It's warmer today! :)

20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Yeah, Kat, I read about Carrie Hamilton this morning, and I knew she'd been ill. Really sad. :(

And I am SICK and TIRED of these damn pop-up ads!! Anyone know the URL for that program the "pop-up stopper"?

21. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    no i don't sorry T!

I"m sorry its been a horrible 5 days..my boss decided to schedule me for every single one of them (tonight for an hour before close..so i worked a grand total of 1hour and 20 minutes ugh!!!)

I preordered Dark Journey, after me and my i can't see the word spoilers and not highlight self read the summery on the main page (don't worry i'm not saying anything)

But my classes are interesting..kind of difficult..but interesting *shrug*..i got confused in both my anthro classes b/c we talked about stuff and i got lost really easilyt *sigh* its going to be a long semeseter

he he i've picked up two very campy shows..i'll probably watch them on and off b/c one conflicts with JAG (yes i'm back to watchign Buffy and Angel) my frienda all watch it and every Tuesday and Wednesday i feel left out of conversations!!! so they're campy but good..some of them are really good..but others ..'Absolutely HORRID!!!!!

ack i'm in love with Craig David..awesome awesome!!!

later

22. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
  23. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    That is so cool!!

Hmm... from the article:
    At 59, Ford is getting to be old enough to play one of the relics Indy digs up, as opposed to the swashbuckling hero.

I would have called it rugged maturity, myself. :p

I'd be interested to see what kind of script M. Night Shamalyan would come up with.

24. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I've never seen any of the Indy movies...guess it wouldn't be the same after I saw SW.

25. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Lisa, the Indy movies are fantastic. Having seen SW wouldn't diminish that in any way. Harrison is terrific as Indiana Jones. But you have to watch the movies in sequential order. My fave is still the first one (Raiders). It was such a blast.

Ben, I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to see what his script would look like.

We're having an in house party here at work today. Everyone is supposed to bring in a dish for a pot luck style lunch. Guess who forgot ALLLLLL about it? I'm looking pretty stupid here. Oh well.

I am now actively (and I mean actively) pursuing new work. Can't stand it here any more. I've registered with two headhunters and have sent my resume out to quite a few places. Every night I scour my local paper and all the online sites to see if there are any new listings. I think the headhunters will get me more responses than I'll get on my own, but I'm keeping all my options open.

Hey, it looks like Indianapolis is going to be quite happy to have us. But I have a feeling they've never seen the likes of us before. Nearly 25,000 Star Wars fanatics and some international basketball greats will top the guest list of convention visitors this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.