main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Brand Spankin New Star Wars Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Wormie2, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Long before TPM came out I was scrounging around for SW info and found a mention of TFN in the newspaper. I was looking at it for ages until I finally had a squiz into the forums around February or March I think. Have been hooked ever since and, to be honest, I don't really look into TFN itself much anymore. Too much chance of running into spoilers. I found out a fair bit about TPM before I wanted to, so I'm going to avoid it as much as I can for the next two (and with a bit of luck.....the other 3 sequels after that!!!!)

JDJ

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I sort of married-in to this forum. Does that make me a Jedi-in-law???

QP- I really appreciate it that you want me to continue the trivia. Unfortunately, it's hard enough for me to keep up with one game, so I'll have to keep it simple and stick with the continuation of the fun at Nightly.net: Starbucks Express. As I said before, It'll be a good way of insuring that that thread stays alive. But, I'm glad to see others have taken the baton here. It'll be fun to actually get to play! So, I send a big ol' hearty thanks to Jedi 15!!!

Jedi 15: You know, I don't remember Luke saying it at all in the Trilogy.

3. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Doesn't he say it to Lando and Chewie at the end of ESB?

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    That's what I thought - end of TESB. Where's the host for this question? :)

5. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    You know what the cool thing about this is?

I dunno, I'm just asking.

T, you say this is the last time, but I bet you find a computer at Oxford!

When did I find my way in here? I don't remember. I swear, I'm not kidding, I don't remember. It's been over a year. And I recall not wanting to get into discussions so I steered away from the forums for a while. But I don't remember exactly what pulled me in. I can tell you this, what I feared was exactly what happened, I got stuck! I can't get out! "Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!"

I'm such an addict!

Anyone gonna help me? CA is due a set down, but I promised to be nice. Soooo......I thought I'd unleash you all!

6. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    No problem QGT, just gives me another reason to keep heading over there...

What dragged me into the forums though? Well, I had read a few SW books, and since I was also collecting SW stuff, I figured I'd start reading some posts. I know I posted in an old Starbucks thread, once upon a time. And then I found the MJFC, and well, I've been stuck there ever since. I have broadened my horizons quite a bit though, posting to the Wedge thread, various threads in Community, and of course my fan-fic, and other fan-fics.

Now, if I could just convert my dh.

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I also avoided the forums for a while. Problem was, I was hooked on the message boards over at iVillage's Parentsoup as my at-work-lunch-break. When all my friends over there moved on to other boards, I found I needed a distraction. Now I hardly go anywhere else but the Jedi Council!

I think it was the Lit. forum that pulled me in. I knew a lot of people who liked SW movies, but *no one* I knew read the books! (I did manage to get QGT to read the Thrawn trilogy - had to justify getting that Mara figure from Ebay somehow!)

8. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Trace, trace, Parentsplace is much better...LOL I've actually met one woman IRL from Parentsplace, and once I move to Lousiana, I'll actually be working with someone I've "met" at Parentsplace. She does carseat checks in Shreveport LA, and we will probably be working together alot coordinating the checks with each other.

I used to chat all the time over there...not as much anymore...

I'm so glad that the Fan Club release Mara, that way, I don't have to spend the $30 to get her from Ebay. And I think I'll be convincing my DH to read the books too.

9. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    In response to Jedi Trace, I stumbled upon this site looking for spoilers for Episode II. I found the JC completely by accident. And well, you know what happens next. I'm hooked for life! ;-)

10. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Some of yous paid $30 for Mara on Ebay?
    I got her for a tenner ($15) when she was originally released, and I even had the foresight to get two! :D

11. Morgan-Fett

Morgan-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2000
    I heard about this site at the Star Wars Celebration. In Stage B the MC asked the audience about the WWW. I think he asked people to stand up if they hosted SW themed sites, then went around the room asking about those sites. This one guy or group of guys said they were from theforce.net and the room erupted with a round of applause. I had a very bad cold, was soaking wet and got about eight hours of sleep the whole weekend but when I got back to NorCal I remembered to look it up.

12. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Ahhhhhhh......the rain! 2 1/2 days of endless rain! Soaked tents, muddy streets, pissed off people.....you know, when I got home and cleaned the mudd off my shoes, I started thinking....I don't really remember the rain. Of course, I was there early enough the first day to get a place under the awning, and the second and third day, pulled rank and used my press pass. I knew the guys from this web site were there, but I didn't see them.

13. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    I'm bored. It's occured to me that QGT is the trivia master, and GAT (when he shows up, which btw Thran is not GAT) is the poll master. I think I'll be the challange master. Ok, here's the first challange. Ready?

Find Wormie's alias.

That's right folks! I'm out there, somewhere, hiding behind a new name! You'll never believe the places I turn up! Find me, if you can!

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    JEDI 15: So what's the answer to your trivia question?

WORMIE: What do you mean "Thran is not GAT"?

Find your alias? Do we get a hint?

15. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    No hints!!!!!! Just remember, I'm not an obvious person when I don't want to be.

I never said my challanges were easy, people!

Thran and GAT are two different people. Thran's from way way back. GAT's relativly new.

16. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I've been trying to spot Wormie's alias for the last few days. It's gonna be impossible without a hint.

17. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    You don't need a hint! Just think...Where would I not go? What would I not say? And you'll find me!

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    That counts as a hint!

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Besides, I can think of one really obvious place...but I don't think you have the nerve!! :D

20. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Testing, testing... I've been having the darndest time trying to post on this thread--it just doesn't like me (which I should probably take as a hint LOL). But yes, I AM alive, just not able to get this thing to post my messages!!

Wormie: now you've got me all curious--just what IS your new alias?

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    CALLIE'S BACK! CALLIE'S BACK! :)

22. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Omigosh! It's working!!! It's working!!! Yay!!!! Ok, now I can do Wormie's poll (hey, better late than never):

1. Favorite character?

Luke: I love him, and I will love him always :)

2. Favorite alien race?

Wookiees--gotta love Chewie :)

3. Favorite minor character?

Wedge

4. Favorite large ship?

Tie between the Executor and the Falcon

5. Favorite small ship?

Red 5, baby! Luke's X-wing, of course :)

6. Favorite villian?

Vader--hands down, the best villain ever in movie history (followed closely by Palpy!)

7. Favorite one liner?

Leia's "Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?"

8. Best dramatic entrance?

Luke entering Jabba's palace... I still get chills when I hear that music and the gates creak open, and Luke's oming out of the shadows with his cloak billowing behind him... Wow... When I saw that, I thought, "My boy's a Jedi now!!"

9. Favorite land battle?

Hoth

10. Favorite space battle?

Tie between ANH and ROTJ

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I found her!!!! C'mon CA - you can do it! :)

24. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Hey Callie! It's great to see you here!

Ohhhh..no you don't Trace! You're not gonna provoke me into giving away more hints!

Anyone know why some fruitcake named Binky is sending me private messages?

25. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I finally found her alias!!!

I won't tell what it is though! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.