main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Bundle of Joy ... L/M one shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 5, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Timeframe: 2 years after Luke and Mara marry.

Tag for @Jâd Sphera who wanted to know when this was posted @};- (Thanks for being a sounding board)

~
    Luke was scanning through his calendar files when he saw a flag reminder on Mara's calendar. It said: Healer Appointment next to it.

He frowned. What could that be for? Mara seemed in excellent health, as vigorous and untiring as ever.

He asked her about it, and she put it off with a shrug and said: "It's nothing. Just routine."

Mara felt flummoxed. The day before in the Academy refectory, she had heard a scrap of conversation between Sevrina and Luke.

"I can understand why one would feel trepidation and uncertainty about having children," Luke said. "Family background and experiences can make one leery."

Mara had just received confirmation that she was a month pregnant. With Luke expressing what sounded like a disinclination, it made her feel a reticence that was not in her nature at all.

Her silence had a nuance to it that Luke wasn't used to in his very outspoken wife, so he pressed, in his gentle fashion.

"Well, Luke. I was eager to tell you before yesterday, but now I'm not so sure..."

This increased his curiosity.

"I'm pregnant," Mara finally revealed in a low tone.

Luke gave a whoop of joy, swung her around and kissed her breathless.

Mara's green eyes were filled with a bemused gladness. This reaction was totally at odds with what she'd heard the day before.

"I thought you didn't want kids, even though we didn't actually discuss it outright." she finally admitted.

"I know my parentage might present a problem," Luke grinned, too happy to do anything else, "but I want nothing more than to have a lot of younglings with you. Our lives are what we make of them. You're proof of that." His voice was full of admiration.

Mara told him what she'd heard the day before.

"Oh!" Luke said in understanding. "Sevrina was confiding in me about Kyp's feelings about having kids one day. I told her I understood but with her love and patience, he would probably come around, and if he didn't, adoption was always an option."

There was a pause, as Mara felt a surge of relief and Luke thought happily about the bundle of joy coming in not so many months, one he (and his sister Leia) could and would shamelessly spoil.

++
    end

;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  2. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Aww this was a lovely post! [face_love]

It was a shame Mara misheard a conversation & became weary of telling Luke about the pregnancy.

But his reaction was perfect! And so so sweet! [face_love]

And that bit at the end, with Luke advising Sevrina, regarding Kyp’s trepidation about being a father was totally understandable. I hope he changes his mind.. maybe in a future short fic? [face_batting]

Great writing! :D

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely. Jedi should have younglings.
    Kyp too

Kahara and mayo_durron_666 like this.
  4. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, I loved this -- happy Luke and Mara is always a treat. And in spite of what Mara worried, they both find this soon-to-be new arrival to be really good news! [face_love] That was a misunderstanding with her hearing only part of the conversation; context can be everything. (And ouch, I can see how Kyp would be worried given how hard he is on himself about his past sometimes. That's got to be difficult for Sevrina since it seems she is sure of wanting kids.)

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Awww! Loved this. [face_love] Poor Mara after hearing that conversation, but of course it was just a misunderstanding.

[face_love]

Love the ending, too. That will definitely be one spoiled and much-loved baby! Sweet fic. =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks everyone. @};- It was a very understandable misunderstanding and sweetly resolved. [face_love]

Kahara likes this.