main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion A CGI show bridging Eps I-II.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by maranatusIX, Jun 10, 2021.

1. maranatusIX

maranatusIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 9, 2021
    We have TCW bridging Episodes II and III.
    R1 and The Bad Bunch to help fill gaps with III and IV so far.
    One area that hasn't been touched since the 2002 book series, is a bridge for Episodes I and II.
    Watching Episode I and then II feels very out of place.
    You go from this happy ending, to a tense galaxy with star systems wanting to leave the republic, Jedi disenchanted with the order, and attempts on Padme's life. Leaving viewers asking,
    "What the.....?"
    If any decade is in sore need of some seasoning I-II is it.
    I'd even be ok with a CGI show based around Coruscant showing the aftermath of the Naboo Invasion and what it has done to the Senate.
    I'd even be OK with various appearances by Obi-Wan and Anakin instead of main roles if it ment explanation of the state of the Galaxy in Episode II.
    Thoughts?.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This is what I want more than anything. The period is barely explored

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I have long wanted a seasoned 4-6 show with Obi Wan and young Anakin and we see the galaxy changing trough them. start 2-3 years after TPM. When Anakin is ready to go out in the field with Kenobi. You can Jango as the father clone in the series, small hints of kamino. Doouk in secrets plotting the the war with Palpatine. Crime factions rising up corruption in the senate. You can have Bail and MOthma as the senators we see during this time. Hondo cameo.

Snafu55 likes this.
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I don't think this is *necessary* but it could be great. I'd love to see Anakin training with the other younglings at the temple.

5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    If this were to happen, Rael Aveross would be a must for me. He's an interesting character, and could be an additional influence and mentor to Anakin, as a sort of substitute Qui-Gon.

Anything set between the High Republic and AotC focused on the Jedi is an opportunity to show the evolving attitudes of the Jedi Order from generation to generation. How is the Order of Dooku's time different to that of Qui-Gon/Rael, then eventually, Obi-Wan?

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  6. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I actually think this would be a very successful TV show. Kind of like Goonies in Star Wars. There was a Clone Wars episode like this and it was awesome.

7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Id still prefer an animated OT era show with Luke, Han, Leia (which is still shocking that it hasn't happened), but this would be cool too.

I think 10 years is a bit too much ground to cover, so starting the show with a slightly older Anakin (15/16 years old) would be better. That way, he would be competent enough in action scenes. I wonder who would do the VA tho. I don't think Matt Lanter's voice will fit an adolescent AOTC era Anakin and Mat Lucas hasnt been active in years as far as I know.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think an animated tv show will have Anakin begin at 14 like both Ahsoka and Ezra and like they learn from their masters so does Anakin and he learns to grow. a 5-6 season to cover the last 5-6 years to AOTC. I want to see him get his first lightsaber crystal. I think it took some time to curroption to set in and in the padme books 4 years after TPM it seems to be starting with the sepratist movement. SO i could see any show covering this era to begin either 4 or 5 years after TPM. I think first 5 years was motly peaceful and then the rise of gangs and pirates, the sepratist movement start to gain mommentum.

9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'd like to see a show set in this era. They'd probably want it to be fairly action heavy, since it's Star Wars, so I bet there'd be a lot of underworld stuff and/or different types of conflict throughout the galaxy that seem unrelated on the surface but are actually connected to the plans of the Sith in different ways. Maybe the main characters begin to sense a pattern after a while, which gets them in trouble.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    It's fascinating it's the biggest mid-trilogy time gap, and yet there hasn't been much substantial storytelling, even going back to Legends. No doubt the Clone Wars, Empire, and post-OT eras have more intrigue, stakes and drama, but exploring the longest stretch of Obi-Wan's mentorship of Anakin has to have some appeal right?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  11. maranatusIX

maranatusIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 9, 2021
    This and also going from a happy ending to all of a sudden having systems wanting to break away with no in movie explanation.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the best way to start is halfway trough the timeline and focus on the last 5 years as more unrest is gathering, You get oynug jedi knight Kenobi and Padawan Skywalker, sith Dooku, bounty hunter Jango, crime grow stronger. I think it could be like parts of ATOC, with Kenobi and Skywalker investigate cases.

13. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    There's also the fact that the Jedi Order just found out that the Sith are back. Surely there was a significant investigation into that? They wouldn't have sat around for ten years.

On a related note, how did Obi-Wan know Maul's name in TCW? ("Darth Maul, alive?")

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the first 5 years was mostly peaceful and other 5 years is when it becomes more like it is in clone wars. Also in this show with more criminal enemies, we could get Vos. But I think the main characters would be Kenobi and Skywalker, with Bail in the senate.

15. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    They probably got the names Sidious and Maul from the Neimoidians in interrogations after TPM.
    I always thought there was an air of familiarity to the way Obi-Wan says "Sidious" in his last scene in AOTC. That doesn't have to mean he'd already heard the name when Dooku said it, but still, it makes sense that the Neimoidians would've told them what they knew (which wasn't much at all).
    After all, the Sith did seem to intentionally reveal their existence to the Jedi. Sidious, no doubt, wanted to make them uneasy.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why not?

17. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I think it would be amazing. And while we might not be able to say such a show is necessary, we can come pretty darn close. Anything that can be done to further establish and enrich Anakin and Kenobi's relationship is good for the Saga.

18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I'd actually love to see Anakin's first Jedi lessons with Obi-Wan. There was probably not a great deal of tension between them in those early years, but I can imagine Obi-Wan being quite demanding in Anakin's view. Or not, since he was probably used to working hard as a slave :)
    Either way, the loss of Qui-Gon and how it's affected both of their lives should be an interesting issue to deal with. Anakin missed out on having him as his teacher and Obi-Wan took Anakin as his apprentice out of obligation to his master. They're both gonna have to get past that, accept reality and move on in order to have a functional master-apprentice relationship. A good recipe for a bit of drama!

19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The show could be structured to move regularly between Kenobi and Qui-Gon and Anakin and Kenobi. That could be a powerful echo device for such a show.

And I also think Palpatine should play a big role in this kind of story. We see how he's always been this shadow master to Anakin, even when Anakin was a child.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think they'll retread this time period because legends novels cover it pretty well. Obi Wan and Anakin's run in with Granta Omega, for example. If they want to make new stories i'm all for it though.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  21. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I would like it.
    I mean, we were told over and over again how badly Anakin fits in. With such a show we could really see it. And all the 'your friendship with the chancellor finally pays off'-stuff could be shown. Yes, I can't stand the statement, because it must have been Obi-Wan and the Jedi who allowed this friendship to start in the first place.
    But it is even more, because we could see the Jedi in their true position as peacekeepers. I know, there are books and comics, but watching it is still something different.

But I don't think it should be a real series. Some kind of anthology series with longer episodes would work better. Start the first episode when Anakin comes back from Naboo and has to get to know the other kids and move on with interesting assignments for several people. Maybe this would be good to get to know better some council members you have to think hard to remember their names.

One thing about this is, you can't ignore Grogu. That doesn't mean that he's more than a character in the background playing ball.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope if we get series in this time we get more Jango Fett, TCW and Bad Btach even after his death has expanded on the character. Even Mandalorian made Jango a mandalorian again. We could see him and Cad Bane as rivals during this time. We know he took bounties even when the clone army was being made. This is time period like the 19 years and 30 years, that is begging to be explored. Maybe Acolyte will open for more prequel stories.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With Tales of the Jedi coming out soon and we see some Prequel stories before the Clone wars. It might be a test if audiences would like some stories before Clone Wars. Dont jnow if they want to make a full show of the era but maybe like Tales of the Jedi. Do some episodes.

24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I'm sure there could be some good stories to tell.

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I vote yay. This is a criminally underpopulated time period in Disney canon. There were sooo many EU books covering Anakin's padawan period.