main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Chameleon's Colors [2008 Diary Challenge]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Title: A Chameleon's Colors
    Author: Earwen_Lightrider
    Genre: Diary
    Timeline: Starts in 33 AYD [will make since later]
    Notes: This is the first of my responses to the Dear Diary Challenge 2008. Chamllella "Chameleon" Neysa Llewellyn is an RP character that's had a back story going through my head for years. Through this diary you will get to see pieces of it. Many thanks to Laine_Snowtrekker for making me aware of this challenge.

~~~~~~~

5 Telona 33 AYD

Yazzie~

Lothar says we?ve got another interesting mission coming up. I?m supposed to come up with a really good back story and figure out a disguise. He has to check with a few contacts before he?ll give me any more details. That annoys me to death. You?d think he would trust me with details by now! I?ve only been his partner in the hunt for over 30 standard years. I?m no longer the little girl he rescued off of Kile. I can do this job just as good as he can.

You?d probably find this interesting sis. Our old friend Dr. Chop has figured out how to replicate the movements of lekku in replicas attached on the heads of non-Twi?leks successfully. I had to crack through multiple encryptions to bring that data up. So maybe my new persona will be a Twi?lek? Dr. Chop does still owe me a big favor. Well, we?ll be reverting to normal space soon sis. I?ve got to go. I?ll write you more later.

~Chamll

2. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Hmmm. Interesting. PM me when you update, Nat!

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
  4. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Oh my! What an interesting discovery! Imitating lekku? The possibilities!

Cool, Nat! :cool:

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh this looks good! Please PM me when you update! =D=

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    6 Telona 33 AYD

Yazzie~

I?ve been mulling over the Twi?lek idea all day and I think it would be fun. Can you picture me with headtails? Yeah, I know what you must be thinking right now ? ?Will my sister ever grow up?? I?m trying to come up with a name for my Twi?lek. Twi?leks have such strange naming conventions. Did you know that they only have one name? Well, sort of, a Twi?lek name is made up of a personal name and a clan name joined together, although the clan name isn?t granted at birth. A Twi?lek must attain enough respect within the clan in order to bear the clan name. I need to figure out a name that has meaning or at least appears to have meaning?I?m not sure there are any Twi?leks in the group I will be infiltrating.

After I bugged him all day, Lothar finally trusted me with the name of the group I?ll be infiltrating. The Jedi Outcasts ? an odd group that I?ve read about a few times before. Various sources claim different things about them. Some say they are naught but reckless mercs with no morals working for the highest bidder. Others claim that they are darkside users rejected by the Sith for being too weak. Yet, there is even a source or two that claims the group fights only for a peaceful galaxy ? the irony in fighting for peace. Think that will ever happen sis? Peace, I mean? Anyway, I figure that every claim I?ve read has some small element of truth to it. Just got to dig some more to figure out which elements they are.

Oh, I almost forgot. There was another bounty placed on my head today. Remember that Rodian I ticked off 2 years back? It seems he is still hopping mad. His other attempts at revenge have all failed so he?s resorted to throwing credits around and a pretty substantial amount at that. Still not near enough for Lothar to consider handing me over? not that he would. At least, I don?t think he would.

~Chamll

7. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Hmmm...so she's hiding among us from bounties!? And spying on us? Hmmmmmm....

8. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    I knew that....sorta....And I knew she had someone that talked to her in her head...but I thought she really WAS a Twi'lek! :eek:

You learn strange things when you read someone else's journal.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, I almost forgot. There was another bounty placed on my head today. Remember that Rodian I ticked off 2 years back? It seems he is still hopping mad. His other attempts at revenge have all failed so he?s resorted to throwing credits around and a pretty substantial amount at that. Still not near enough for Lothar to consider handing me over? not that he would. At least, I don?t think he would.

Oh, interesting stuff! [face_mischief] =D=

10. ChamllellaLlewellyn

ChamllellaLlewellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    7 Telona 33 AYD

Yazzie~

The easiest covers to remember are ones that people feel uncomfortable asking more about. So I?m thinking that a Twi?lek kidnapped from home at a young age and forced into the dancing trade would make for a good cover. Let?s see? she was trained and then passed around from one owner to another. It?ll be perfect because if someone asks for a detail I can?t quite remember ? I can just write it off as memory suppression of traumatic experiences. I don?t have to remember names of fictional family members. ?I was too young to remember them and what memories I had of them and life before the trade I was forced to forget.? Oh, this will be a good cover Yazzie. I?m looking forward to it.

I miss you sis? Thanks for still hanging around in my head. I?m not sure what I would do without you.

~Chamll

11. ChamllellaLlewellyn

ChamllellaLlewellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    8 Telona 33 AYD

Yazzie~

Paid a visit to Dr. Chop today and called in on the favor he owes me. It only took a small amount of credits to convince him that I?d make a good Twi?lek compared with the amount I figured it would take. Lothar said that he is amazed once again at the power of my negotiation skills. Next week will be the day of the lekku implant. I was relieved to hear that I wouldn?t need to chop off my locks for it. Doc said that shaving my head would only encourage the hair to grow through the synthetic lekku. Although, he did warn me that when I finally do take the lekku off my hair will need a lot of work.

As to my Twi?lek story, I?m still not any closer to a name. A clan name like Secura would draw more attention then I want. However, in my search, I did learn that my Twi?lek will have been the victim of Vassij?ra. It?s a Twi?lek custom among poor families. They sell off their first born daughter into slavery in order to ensure the family?s survival. I'm glad we weren't born Twi'leks or I would haave been sold before meeting you.

Well sis, I better get some shut eye. I?m going to pay the Doc another visit to iron out the specifics.

~Chamll

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Looking forward to more! :D

=D=

13. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Good stuff!

It's interesting to see this character developing into the one we know from the RP. :)

14. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Oh my, I second Laine's remark! And the hair...growing inside the false lekku? Very interesting. Automatic pony tails.... :p

15. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Huh, I did always wonder how those headtails got attached! Can't wait to read more :)

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I eagerly await the continuation of this. Dr. Chop shouldbe interesting even in just a strange way to my mind, if only from the name sake.

Please add me to the PM list if their is one.

17. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    *Chamll's diary - flipped on to a date many years prior*

13 Elona 0 AYD

Mom's ceremony was today. I miss her a lot. I kept some of her ashes just like she told me too. Now I just need to practice the initial design. I have 32 days left to get it right. I'm crossing off the days so that Yazzie and I can do this. No way my drunk of a father will remember such an important tradition. He's not worthy of it anyway. Not after what he did to Mom! I've got to take care of Yazzie now - keep her safe. Father still gets that mean gleam in his eye, like he did before he? If it weren't for him Mom would still be here. I hate him! Yazzie tries to tell me that its what he drinks that makes him do it, but no one is forcing it down his throat. Yipes! I have to go. I hear him coming and he sounds angry.

~Chamll

EDIT: I'll send out the PMs after I get the next one up this afternnon :)

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    9 Telona 33 AYD

Olan ? wealthy: probably wouldn?t allow their children to be stolen
    Rha ? sunny: hmmmm, that?s not too bad.
    Dira ? gentle: another wealthy clan, probably not a good idea
    Nercathi ? history of slavery, a possibility if I can figure out a personal name to go with it.

The search for a clan name looks to be a bit rough sis. I didn?t think it would be so difficult to decide upon a clan name or even to find information about the clans for that matter. I am probably going to need to do a bit of digging before I come up with a clan name I really like - one that fits me. I better get back to searching. I will be visiting with Dr. Chop this evening.

~Chamll

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    So glad to see this one updated! :D

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    glad to finally read the update! Looks good, curious though if you actually had to research and find these clan names or if you got to make them up.

21. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Ohhhhhhhhh, goody! So glad for the update! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting....

22. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    A nice couple of posts!

Very interesting, her search for a clan name.

23. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004

14 Elona 0 AYD

Can't write much today because my hands hurt something awful. Father was very angry. Kept yelling something about Mom's death being our fault. Yazzie cried, but he never touched her. I kept getting in his way. Got to figure out how to get away from here so that we can be safe.

~Chamll

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004

15 Elona 0 AYD

Went to the secret spot today. Yazzie and I brought more supplies to store there. The cold waterfall felt good on my bruises and Yazzie actually smiled again. She really likes the waterfall. We plan on living in the secret place once we save enough food and blankets. I'm worried 'bout what might come find us at night. We've never been to our secret place when there isn't any light out. My hand feels a little better. Looks like a strange rainbow and it don't change to the proper colors when I practice my blending. Sis is getting better at blending too. We played seek and hide and if it wasn't for her hair snagged on the branch next to her I wouldn't have found her. It was fun. We forget about things when we are away. I wish we could forget all the time.

I better go. Father will be home soon and if I don't have supper ready he'll hurt me.

~Chamll

25. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Yipe, a much sadder direction, I see. :(

Sorry for not commenting more frequently, Nat. This is really good. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.