main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Change of Plans--An O/Q Short Story--COMPLETED 6.4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuvEwan, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Shaindl Thank you. 8-}

Kynstar You're so nice! :D And even when I'm being 'evil'!

jm2 Quite the demanding readers, aren't ya? [face_laugh]

Opal I did write a lot yesterday, since I'm free..just not on this as much. [face_devil]

Calantha [face_devil]

diane I should kill Obi just because everyone thinks I'm going to anyway... 8-}

o_e A dream? In Obi's words: I don't think so. 8-}

Antigone This almost seems like it's more along the lines of Qui-Gon and Ullo torture, but it's all good. :D Congrats on your graduation!

Shiela Now, why don't you seem so upset about this situation? [face_mischief]

^^^ () ^^^

Obi-Wan wanted to thank whatever entity it was that decided to show him mercy, and block him from the pain that until recently was threatening to destroy him.

He wanted to shout his rapture. At last he could wallow in numbness, collapse in unfeeling sleep.

And be at peace.

^^^ () ^^^

Ullo?s stomach clenched. ?Qui-Gon, what is it??

Qui-Gon shook his head, pressing his ear against Obi-Wan?s chest.

?Oh gods.? Ullo?s heart careened into his roiling belly. ?Is he-?

?No.? The Master rasped, still shaking his head. ?No, he can?t be. This can?t be.? He crossed his hands and pumped the unmoving chest. His hair whipped in the frenzied effort. ?Padawan stay with me.?

Crouched at the feet of the fading apprentice, Ullo was struck into a near-catatonic state. The Force was overwhelmed with Qui-Gon?s emotions.

Fear. Desperation.

But above all, there was love. It was love that fueled the man, as he worked tirelessly at resuscitation.

Qui-Gon tilted Obi-Wan?s head and forced air into the slack lips, pinching his nose shut to prevent it from escaping.

Obi-Wan?s face remained a cloud of white and slate.

Qui-Gon tried again. And again.

Ullo fell forward, and had to throw out his arms to stop himself from connecting with the ground, as the onslaught of pain from the Force made itself known.

^^^ () ^^^

Serenity.

Obi-Wan had thought he knew the meaning of the word.

Now he would truly know. A lovely calm surrounded him, stroking him with silken, ethereal fingers.

He was submerged further. He didn?t resist. He could feel an energy enter him, purely light, unbelievably strong.

It was more than he ever imagined.

He wouldn?t let it go.

^^^ () ^^^

The large, age-worn hands stopped, and slowly moved from the slender chest to the midsection, then to Qui-Gon?s own face.

The scream that tore through the jungle night lacerated Ullo?s shields, leaving a wound that bled thickly of grief and infuriation.

Strands of gray were plastered to Qui-Gon?s forehead. His skin was glistening, flushed an angry red. And his head would not stop shaking, refusing to believe. He smoothed Obi-Wan?s hair.

?Obi-Wan, Padawan, come back to me. Obi-Wan..? His voice was faint, lost. His fingers brushed across the pale face. ?Obi-Wan, hear me. You must hear me Padawan come back to me.?

He drew the body against his chest, cradling Obi-Wan?s head. The hood fell. ?Padawan, please.?

Through his tears, Ullo saw something strange. ?Qui-Gon??

Of course, the man could not hear him, entirely consumed.

Ullo scrambled over to them. He narrowed his eyes and frowned. ?Qui-Gon, his neck. There?s something on his neck.?

Qui-Gon looked at him, his face a miserable, tearful ruin. ?What??

?Something bit him. Th-There?s a bite.? Ullo gingerly touched an inflamed patch of skin on the back of Obi-Wan?s neck. A small, barely perceptible sting wound had punctured the soft flesh. ?A bad one.?

Qui-Gon?s eyes were unblinking. ?The hypospray??

Ullo immediately rummaged through the contents of his pack. In addition to the generic medicinal syrup, every Jedi also carried an injection that could halt, or at least weaken, the effects of most allergic reactions. He pulled out the clear hypo. ?Give it to him??

Qui-Gon nodded.

Ullo rolled up Obi-Wan?s sle

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Beautiful. Sorry for short, barely coherent reply - must go and cry now.

Are you happy with yourself? :D

Shaindl

3. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    I think you know the answer to that. ;)

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Great story LE...but I blame Shandil on bringing me to this..found it in her recent posts and now I am bawling like a baby...

can not wait to read more..

--PT

5. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Wonderful post. That's exactly how I imagined Qui-Gon to react if Obi-Wan ever 'died'. Very touching. Glad you didn't leave that cliffie for too long! Can't wait to keep reading this! Keep up the brilliant work :)

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    O M G!!!! That was... that was juz breathtakingly so... beautiful!!!!! The play on Qui's emotional response of Obi's supposedly passing... man oh man did you do a helluva job!!!! *stands and applauds loudly*

Totally magnifique! Awsomely done!! :D :D :D

Loved how your OC was pulled into the feeling too! Great work!!!! I had to reread it to get the whole effect cuz I was taken back by all the emotions! :D Dabbed me eyes I had to!

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :_| Someone give me a tissue! You really had me scared there for a minute or two! Don't ever do that again! :mad:

8. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    You had me worried there, LE. I wasn't sure if you were mean enough to kill Obi again. Glad to see that you didn't...permanently, anyway. :D

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely piece of work. I especially liked that Qui-Gon refused to let him go - poor guy! and that Obi-Wan's problems stem from an allergic reaction. They can be life-threatening.

Hope Obi-Wan will soon be back on his feet and they get out of there!!!

Good job but try not to kill me with the cliffies next time! Jeez!!! :D

10. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    I had to say that I was worried there for a minute as well. Thanks for not leaving me hanging too long! Although, you took a little longer than the two minutes! ;) Beautifully written!

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    You had everyone going for a minute there LE. Thank you so much for the inside info, I would never have made it through that post. ;)

12. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    I probably won't have any updates until Friday. Tomorrow I have graduation cermony practice ( :_| ) and Thursday's actually the day of graduation..so naturally I'll be shopping. :D

And there's an update on 'Wanderings' today as well. ;)

13. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    Oh what a relief! Thank you for only making us wait 24 hours. :) Both Ullo's and Qui-Gon's reactions were very moving, and convincing.

Ullo felt the small splashes against his shoulders and back. He looked up.

It was raining.

That worked very well. I got little shivers.

edit: typo

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    to tired for real reply - so just :)

15. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    So beautiful! :) :D

16. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I wasn't worried at all. I had complete faith in you. Loved it. :)

--shan

17. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Fine. Don't kill him. I don't care. Psh.

:D

If he must remain in the realm of the living, what a way to return. Wonderful job - powerful. I loved it.

I can only hope for what might be next, with Obi, well, conscious. Qui-Gon's angst level will, of course, have to be reduced somewhat. But, when that happens, LuvEwan, remember The Law of Conservation of Angst.

The Law of Conservation of Angst states that angst is neither created nor lost.

Hmm, I wonder where it will go...

18. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Ah. My first post as an official high school graduate! :D My graduation went okay, except for when a guy fell on me, then later that same guy accidentally knocked my cap off my head! :_| It's okay, though. I had over three hundred bucks in grad money from relatives to console me. [face_mischief]

And here's my favorite part: my best friend came over the next day with a card. It was a Star Wars card, with Obi-Wan and Mace, for graduation! It was an actual Star Wars high school graduation card, from Hallmark! [face_laugh] When she went to buy it at her work (she works at a Hallmark shop) her co-worker was like 'what the heck are you buying that for?' 8-}

Okay, on with the post...

Shaindl :D

Padawan_Travina New reader! :D I'm glad you're enjoying!

AnariaZar-Rel Another new reader! Wowie zowie! :cool: I'm so happy that you think Qui-Gon's reaction was believable. With so many conflicting characterizations of him, within fanfic and within the EU and movies, it can be unnerving sometimes. ;)

Kynstar Aw. Here's a box of tissues...that kind with the lotion, so you don't hurt your nose. 8-}

o_e Don't ever do that again! I promise.. [face_devil]

Opal Mean? Why, I never! 8-}

diane Thanks. [face_love] And actually, no more cliffies in sight-- at least I think so. :D

jm2 Thank you! [face_love]

Sheila You're welcome. ;)

Calantha Thanks. :D And sorry the wait this time was longer. :)

PK That's quite enough. ;)

jeday Thank you! [face_blush]

shanobi You're so sweet. Thank you. [face_love]

Antigone [face_laugh] I've never heard of that one! Does that apply to other characters as well? :confused:

It was raining.

From the heavens, from a place whose existence had been seriously questioned during this tumultuous mission, jewels of silver descended, gleaming bright in the darkness.

When they reached earth, they splintered, bouncing off in all directions. Their sound was soft, so it did not mask the grateful weeping of Qui-Gon Jinn.

He drew Obi-Wan into his arms, rocking absently, their temples pressed together.

In a matter of minutes, their hair was soaked, their tunics waterlogged.

Wet strands of black dangled in Ullo?s eyes, and he smoothed them back, to reveal those eyes were stained red?and apparently, subject to the rain, for moisture was welled in them.

Qui-Gon rested his lips against Obi-Wan?s forehead. ?Thank the Force. I could never let you go, my Padawan.? He choked on the next words, ?I-I simply love you too much.?

Water ran down the young Jedi?s face, but he smiled. ?I couldn?t leave.?

Qui-Gon wiped Obi-Wan?s brow and cheeks, struggling to maintain even a weak façade of composure.

He didn?t care, only seconds later, when he failed miserably.

Ullo?s gaze traveled from the reunion of sorts to the dampening jungle, the water pooling in the leaves and the muddy ground.

He grinned breathlessly. ?It?s a damn miracle.?

Qui-Gon swallowed hard and framed his apprentice?s face with his hands. ?Yes,? He traced the beloved features, ?It is.?

^^^ () ^^^

It was nearly an hour later before they resumed their journey.

Ullo was very hesitant to be the dark cloud over their celebration, but he was forced to remind Qui-Gon that the serum was probably not a permanent solution, and haste was still required.

Qui-Gon nodded, and began to stand.

Obi-Wan protested that he could walk, but the Master took in the ravaged body and pallid skin, and ignored the argument.

They had cleared a full mile before Qui-Gon turned to Ullo. ?It?s raining, isn?t it??

Ullo frowned, chuckling. ?Yeah. You didn?t notice??

A small smile, at his lips and kindled in his eyes. ?Actually, no. My attention was consumed elsewhere.?

The Knight shook his head in amazement, but surprisingly, didn?t speak his reaction. Obi-Wan?s partial recovery had eased the s

19. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awww...too sweet. I think Obi-Wan might have words for Ullo about taking an apprentice. He might learn a little more from the Padawan. Sad that Qui-Gon couldn't go with them - but if duty calls...

To hell with it. Well, that's what I think anyways. I'm surprised Qui didn't think the same. :D

Great post, LE! Very moving, Qui's reaction.

Congratulations from being released from the bonds of high school - I remember how lovely a day that was for me too.

Shaindl

20. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Yippee! A new post--wonderful job as always! You can see Ullo's opinion about having a padawan changing, especially since Qui-Gon just put Obi-Wan in his care. Can't wait for more!

Again congratulations on your graduation from high school and just imagine your friend's coworker not understanding why she would buy you a card with Obi-Wan on it! I'm shocked! I just don't understand that! ;)

21. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Don't understand Qui-Gon!How can he leave his padawan now? Duty? Pahhh! :mad:.

Congratulations! :D

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Cool about the card! Got me wanting to check the store to see if we got one there!!! ;) hehehe

Yippee! Obi talked! Ahhh and how heart wenching the two are!! *snrk* Qui didn't even notice it raining... ahhhhhhhh warm fuzzy feelings!!!!!!

OK enough of me 'touchy/feely' stuffles. Great post! Can't wait to see what happens at the 'officials' meeting. Wonder if Qui is gonna give them a piece of his mind... hmmm. Guess we'll see! ;)

23. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wonderful posty! =D=

24. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Update on 'The Threat of Waking' at last! [face_dancing]

25. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, such a sweet tender moment - and in the rain no less. I could just picture it all. And Qui, the quintessential Jedi he is, no? I think we all know that if Obi were still ill he would have said screw duty :D

As for your graduation - CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! Sounds like an interesting ceremony. I hope you atleast got to get a good elbow in to the guy that almost squashed you and knocked your hat off. The hat that was probably perfectly aligned and pinned in place just so, that you were never able to get back on in just the right way. :) You'll remember it fondly - one day :D

--shan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.