main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Change of Plans: OT Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KnightMara, Oct 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
  2. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Hello all! What's happening?

3. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    we're waiting for another post :)

4. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Besides that!!!!!!!

5. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    avoiding writing more of my fic :D

6. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    hehe!! I'm trying to get people to read mine!

7. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Okay, things have been getting a little crazy in real life, and I think that's reflected in the Epilogue, which I finally wrote to finish the story.

So anyway, here goes:

Epilogue

One month later . . ..

"Okay, Han! Let?s go!"

At the sound of the kid?s breathless voice and footfalls on the deck as he raced onboard the Falcon, Han glanced over to Chewie and smiled. "Punch it, Chewie."

Chewie howled his affirmative, and the Falcon took off, soaring away from the Imperial shipyard at top speed.

"I?m in," Luke?s voice crackled over the comm from the topside gun turret.

"And you, Princess?" Han asked.

"Armed and ready," her voice called back from her position in the lower turret.

Han grinned. One month ago he?d been ready to leave. Now the four of them were working like a well-oiled machine. Who would have guessed they?d be sent as a team to destroy the Imperial fleet?s replacement ships? If only he?d volunteered for the Super Star Destroyer mission. Then, maybe, they would have succeeded. But, that was the past. As for the present?

"Ready to blow in ten seconds," Luke?s voice called.

"And here come the TIEs now," Leia added.

Han checked his scopes and his readouts. "Preparing for the hyperspace jump, once that thing goes."

A blast hit the shields and the ship rocked with the impact. Han looked at Chewie who howled back that the shield was still holding strong.

"Good," he replied, "but don?t let anymore hit us."

Leia?s voice filled the comm. "Sorry, Captain." A moment later she added, "But he won?t be shooting anyone else."

"And five," Luke started to count, "four?three? two? one? Whoa!"

"I think you did it, Luke!" Leia shouted.

Han glanced back down at his readouts. "Great. Now, just hold them off for a few more seconds!"

"Got it, Han," Luke called back. "One coming up on you, Leia!"

"I see him!"

"I think they?re a little angry!"

Han grinned. "Well, no kidding! You just blew up their ships, Luke! I?d be kinda? upset myself."

"Are we ready to go yet, Han?" Leia asked.

Han turned to his first mate. "How?re we lookin?, Chewie?"

Chewie howled back.

"Okay, kids," Han called. "Hang on to something!"

Han watched the stars turn to starlines as the ship entered hyperspace, then he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Whew! We did it!"

Han laughed at Luke?s ecstatic shout of triumph. The kid was never one to hold anything back.

"One more success," Leia called, much more calmly than the kid did.

Leaning back in his chair, Han remarked, "Well, kid, I gotta? hand it to ya?. You sure are getting good at blowin? stuff up!"

He heard Luke?s gleeful laugh through the comm. "Yeah, but only with you around, Han."

"He?s got a point," Leia agreed.

"Just don?t stick me in one of those X-wings again!" Han shook his head. "I'm only at home in the Falcon."

"Figures," Leia shot back.

Han threw his first mate a look. "Well, get back up here and we?ll celebrate."

"Corellian?" Luke asked.

"Only the best," Han replied with a wink toward Chewie.

The Wookie looked over at Han and laughed, saying something about Han getting too used to this. Han stared back at him, wordlessly agreeing. So what if he was? Sure, he hadn?t planned on any of this three months ago. Sure he?d become attached to the kid and the Princess who were on their way to the cockpit right at this very moment. And right now, he didn?t care. He was making trouble for the Empire, and he was enjoying it. And for the moment that was all that mattered!

Craning his neck, he watched as a beaming Luke Skywalker strode into the cockpit followed by a flush-faced and radiant-looking Leia Organa. As she entered, she favored him with a smile that made her look even more beautiful and radiant.

Okay, maybe wreaking Rebel havoc wasn?t all that mattered, he conceded. Maybe there were other, more subtle things in the works. Plans change, after all.

8. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Epilogue? But that means it's over. :(

Not that I'm worried, there's usually two or three excellent KnightMara stories around, so I'll just wait for the next one. :D

Thanks for the great story.

9. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Great ending! Even though I am sad to see it go. Can't wait for your next fic!

10. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    awww great ending! love the tie in with the title :D:D

but it's OVER.

ohwell...now you can work on reguarding the benefactor ;D

11. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Great ending KnightMara!!! You have done a wonderful job on this story! I have never read a better Han fic!!!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!! Hope to see you do another!!!

May the Force be with You, Always!!!!!!
    -LadyCallie

Can anyone give me the link to "Reguarding the Benefactor"? Thanks!:)

12. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Oh no, it's over!! :(

Great story though!! It fits in wonderfully with the OT! I'm so glad I got to read it!

Thanks!

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Woohoo! Encore, encore! Oops. That was the encore er epilogue. Wonderful story. It felt just like the movies!

Regarding the Benefactor can be found at:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1274283

14. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Awww, it's over. But I loved the way you tied it up. Nice!!!

So....are there any more Han-fics in your future? :-D

Stoned Rose :D

15. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Dark_Luke_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2000
    I'm sad this is over, but it was truly a great ride while it lasted! I would like to congratulate you on a highly successful Han-fic. (And also humbly beg that you continue writing Luke-fic. There just aren't enough 'Luke Junkies' in the world! :)

Keep posting, KM. You inspire the rest of us to become better writers.

16. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    Cheers, that was an awesome story, so real I swear I can see it in my mind's eye. Take care, and I'll keep my eyes open for more of your stories.
    Force with you,
    Jargonn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.