main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Change of Plans: OT Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KnightMara, Oct 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    It had to be CORELLIAN Influenza. Maybe Han might have even passed it on to Luke? :)

Looks like Owen was dead set in the belief that Luke was never going to get off Tatooine and never bothered to get the shots for him.

Loved how Han takes offense at the medic called Luke "kid." :)

2. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    ah Herman it is "fiance" because she is engaged to a man. her title is "fiancee" because she is a woman...

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Really?

I did not know that.

I blame the French for my apparent stupidity.

4. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yep yep! in French, you often add an "e" to a masculine word to make it femenine. hence two e's when we are talking about a woman. i think the first "e" in fiancee has an accent....huh. well there's your French lesson for the day! :)

more knightmara? please? your fiance will understand...right? :D

5. Twinnie2

Twinnie2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2000
    Okay, Han MAY be responsible for Luke's being sick, but the French are NOT responsible for Herman's looking stupid >:-(
    (Yeah, I'm French, it's not my fault ! :D )
    (and yes, it's 'fiancée')

Still like your story Mara, but if your friends go on insulting the French I won't review it anymore... lol

Anyway, a newt post would be welcome... pleeeeaaaase ?!!!

6. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    oh cool you're French! :) i love your bio, kinda ironic

knight mara i am dying here...story deprived!

7. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Hey, I'm an American and I can blame the French for whatever I want. ;)

8. Twinnie2

Oct 21, 2000
    Thanks Vergere :)

And Herman, what you say makes me sooo saaaad :_-( lol

KnightMara, there's a very important thing I gotta tell you :
    If you start being submissive to your fiancé now, you'll end being a submissive wife all your life. You gotta show him NOW who is the boss. By spending your free time sending a new post instead of cooking him a nice meal, maybe ?

9. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Um Hello. I just happened to stop by(I was shopping for a new fanfic; my other one just ended today, and I was bored)because I was interisted in your title.

WOW!!!! I just love your writing style KnightMara!! You started of with a bang(at first I did wonder if that was just the way you were going to write Luke's part. I'm a BIG Luke shiper. I love to see him get hurt!) and haven't stoped yet!! I love to see Han play 'big brother' to Luke or Leia, and from the sound of it, he might have to take care of both of them!!

Keep up the good work!
    LadyCallie

10. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Hi KnightMara! Sorry for not providing my share of your feedback fixes; I lost your story for a while. Congratulations on your engagement! I too like your picture (very worthy of your namesake)! Wonderful job with these last posts! And exclamatory statements ad infinitum! =)

11. Jee-dai

Jun 8, 2000
    I bet our KM is busy checking out "Modern Bride" magazines, writing out an invitation list, and deciding what color scheme to use for the bridesmaids and reception. :)

12. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    hehe well i talked to her and she WAS looking at dresses online... :D

13. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Too true. I am guilty of the crime of becoming one of "those engaged people!" But I'm working on an installment that will hopefully go up tomorrow. After that, I'll be out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday, but I'll be back on Sunday.

So hang tight, and I'll get a post up for you ASAP!

14. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    That's ok KnightMara! I can wait.

15. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Okay, here it is. . .the next installment. Be brutal, guys!

The state of the Rebel base wasn't as bad as Han had initially thought. It was worse. Rescue crews and emergency technicians raced through the corridors, jostling Han as he tried to make his way toward the South Wing. Injured Rebels on gurneys and various medical droids lined the walls, and he found himself swallowing back a momentary surge of panic. Just how badly would the fragile rebellion suffer because of this? How many men had they lost? How many more wounded? And how many ships damaged? It was well that the idealistic young rebel who had first dragged him into this mess was unconscious in the medical center. The sight of this would devastate him.

He shuddered to think of what the Princess was experiencing at this moment.

Without realizing it, he had instinctively headed off to find her as soon as Luke had been admitted for treatment. Even as he moved through the crowded and chaotic hallways, he could not fathom why he was making the pilgrimage to the South Wing in the first place. He was not in any mood or shape to help out in any serious fashion. He'd just gone through the most grueling ten hours he'd ever experienced on board his own ship, feeling helpless and bewildered throughout the whole ordeal. He certainly had no desire to relive the experience on a grander scale with a wing full of injured and dying Rebels. Yet, even as the doubts and grumblings echoed in his mind, he found himself heading into the fray as though pulled by an invisible lifeline.

The question was, who was tugging on the other end?

Certainly not Her Worshipfulness! That stuck-up, arrogant, bossy, and hot tempered Princess was in no way the driving force here! He commanded his own destiny, and he was never going to give up the pilot's seat. Not again. He'd been down that road, and he knew what lay at the end of it. While it was true that he didn't want to see Her Highnessness hurt or suffering, he had to remind himself that he was not on his way to check up on her or help her in any way. That would be ridiculous!

But still, the question remained: Why was he fighting bustling crowds of frantic rebels to get to the end of this hallway?

"Why are you still here?" a familiar female voice could be heard up ahead. "I told you to get yourself over to the medcenter right away!" There was no mistaking the authoritative, regal tone of that voice. Nor the weariness and desperation that colored it now.

Fighting his way toward the voice, he tried vainly to spot the Princess in the harried crowd. With so many people in the way, she was impossible to see. Finally giving up on the chances of visually identifying her, he called, "Need any help there, Your Highness?"

A young crewman just ahead of him suddenly shifted to one side, and within moments the face of the Princess Leia Organa appeared just beneath his shoulder. "Captain Solo?"

Han smiled as politely as tired muscles would allow as she pressed forward. It was no wonder she couldn't be seen in the crowd. He only now realized just how petite she truly was. Somehow her presence always seemed larger than life. Or maybe it was just that she could be so oppressively annoying at times.

Now however, the desperation in her voice was apparent. Her carefully braided coronet of hair had begun to unravel, and her face had been marred by a few bruises and one nasty looking cut just beside her left eye. It had been closed with adhesive, but it looked painful all the same. Taking a quick assessment of the rest of her, he noticed that her left arm was in a sling, but she appeared to be okay for the most part.

"When did you get back?" Her question was abrupt, making it unreadable. Was she happy that he was back? Was she annoyed? Was she just trying to get any and all information as it came in?

Why did he care?

"Just a few minutes ago," he replied, his voice barely concealing his own annoyance at himself.

"Did the mission go all right?"

Han blinked a mo

16. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    aw Knightmara poor Han! i love how we see him falling for Leia, though! he's so confused its funny, and i can picture EXACTLY what expression Harrison Ford would paste on that face! :) keep up the wonderful work, even if we don't get it as frequently as we like ;)

17. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    OH! You posted early!

I loved it! Poor Han, I think he needs a nice long nap.

18. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Engaging as always! (Pun sort of intended.) Interesting, the turn this has taken regarding relationships among our favorite three. I might've just missed it, but what happened to the Rebel base again? Or don't we know yet? Anyway -- lovely work!

19. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Well, I'm off to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend with the family, so I'll be away from my precious computer. But I'll be sure to post more when I return.

Happy Thanksgiving!

20. Jee-dai

Jun 8, 2000
    Poor Han. He tries to take care of the Princess, but what's a guy to do if the gal doesn't want his help?

21. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Don't worry Han, I have a feeling things are going to turn your way eventually.

I guess now I'll just have to patiently wait for KnightMara to get back to her precious computer so I can read more of this.

BTW, I'll also be waiting for my invitation to the wedding. ;)

22. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    ! Herman how rude inviting yourself like that! :) don't mind him knightmara, we can settle for pictures :D

23. Twinnie2

Oct 21, 2000
    Have you chosen your wedding dress yet ?

Anyway, I like that post like the others :) It's really a shame Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have never played this scene...

24. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    I like this story KnightMara, it's great to read about the old gang again, especially with such good characterisations. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to more.

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Boy, have I gotten behind! All your posts are great as usual.
    Let's see. First, Congratulations on your engagement. Too bad we can't see the ring. Are you tired of your hand being pulled every which way by eager ring lookers?
    Second, my students never went to school either ;-)
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.