main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Change of Plans: OT Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KnightMara, Oct 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    thanks for that last addition. Luke always seems to worry about others first. Poor confused Han.
    I hope your plan to write this weekend is successful because I want more!

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Thought you could slip this post by me, eh KnightMara. That's not nice. :)

Luke, quit yer cryin'. It's no wonder people like Dark Luke stories, he doesn't whine. It's just a needle, don't be a baby. ;)

And Herman hasn't been underage for quite a while. In fact, at this very moment he can hear the footsteps of geezerhood getting louder and louder. (or else it's just the new batteries in the hearing aid)

3. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    You are awesome, KnightMara!! I love this story! And this post was especially good; Han's reaction to Luke and vice-versa were just perfect!

Oh, but the poor guy! I'm feeling so sorry for poor Luke - - you sure know how to make your readers hearts twist! =) Always putting others first, so cute, so nice, aww...

This is so excellent, and it's going to get even better with the next post!

4. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Wow! Another awesome writer & another awesome story! This is great KnightMara! I just read the whole thing from start to here in one sitting & loved every second of it. I love your charactization of Han. It's the best I've seen since GL himself.

Now I need to go & find your other stories too. Looks like my free-time schedule booked! :)

5. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Hey guys! KnightMara just posted 'Youthful Mistakes' on Fanfiction.net. Now you can re-read it with out having to scan through all the chatter.:)

KnightMara, do you think you'll post this story on ff.n?

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I didn't read the whole thing, but I just want to know something KnightMara...

how do you get so many people to read your stories? My stories are really good (so I've been told......) but not really anyone has read them. will you read it and tell me what you think? please?

www.angelfire.com/games2/rhdk/treason.doc

I think.......

7. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Whoohoo! Thanks for the feedback, guys!

As soon as this story is finished, I'll be posting it in it's entirety on ff.n. Of course, I don't know when that will be.

Don't worry, Solojones. I haven't had a chance to read much of your stuff, but what I have read so far has been pretty interesting. I'll visit your site, and give you some feedback if you'd like. But as far as readership goes, the only thing I can tell you is to be persistent. Not many people read my first story, but once I had a few going, more people started reading the older ones. Just keep posting. "If you post it, they will come." hehehe

Okay, here's more story, guys. Sorry, it's a long one:

"You ever have nightmares?"

Luke raised an eyebrow incredulously and stared at Han for a moment. "No, never," he remarked sarcastically.

Han felt momentary irritation at Luke?s reply, but he figured he?d deserved it. "Well, I usually don?t, kid," he began explaining. "But just a little while ago, I woke up from one that really left me rattled."

Luke rolled partially onto his back and stared up at him. "What was it?"

It took a few moments before Han could find the words to describe the dream. "Well, kid, I was back on board the Falcon during the attack on the Death Star. Only Chewie had stayed back on Yavin with Leia, and I never turned back around to shoot that TIE off your back in the trench. You got shot down, and then I watched as everyone on Yavin blew up, including Leia and Chewie." He paused. "And then I was all alone."

Luke was silent for a moment before he said softly, "You know, two months ago, I would have said that was a Han Solo fantasy, not a Han Solo nightmare."

Han narrowed his eyes at Luke. "Not cute, kid."

The kid smiled. "I wasn?t trying to be funny."

"Then what?" Han snapped with growing irritation.
    "Maybe," Luke began, keeping a steady eye on Han, "the dream was a way of telling you that you?re not quite the same Han Solo that you were two months ago. That maybe you don?t really want to be totally alone anymore."

Han put forward his best sabacc face, trying not to let Luke see the emotions going through his mind. Disbelief at the kid?s words was being pushed aside by the nagging sense he?d had since returning from Ryall that things really were changing. But he wasn?t ready to admit that. Not yet. "Is that what you think, Junior?" Han finally replied, harsh tones forged by his inner struggle embedded in his voice.

Luke gave his best shrug and a weak smile, albeit one completely devoid of any humor. "I?m only a kid from a backwater planet. What does it matter what I think?" Again, he rolled over onto his side, leaving Han to stare at the back of his head.

Han didn?t stare for very long. Glancing down at the polished duracrete floor, he slowly processed Luke?s words. What did it matter what the kid thought? It was Han?s dream for cryin? out loud. The only person who could really hope to find an explanation for it would be himself. Yet, the more he thought about it, the more Luke?s explanation seemed the most probable. Hell, he?d put himself heart and soul into repairing the Falcon all day yesterday because it took the edge off the loneliness. Chewie wasn?t talking to him, and Leia wouldn?t look at him. And now he was sitting in an uncomfortably sterile medcenter room to talk to the one person who he knew would be his only captive audience. He looked back up at Luke?s tousled hair. For a dumb kid from a backwater planet, he sure did have a lot of insight.

"For what it?s worth," Han sighed quietly, "it matters, kid."

Luke didn?t turn back, but he shifted slightly. His muffled and hoarse voice spoke a few seconds later, "You know, Leia?s feeling really bad about the whole thing between you two."

That bit of news was unexpected. "She is?"

There was a slight movement that Han interpreted as Luke?s nod. "She said so yesterday."

Han continued to stare at the back of Luke?s head, trying to decide what to make of this. Did that mean she was

8. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Jealousy - thy name is Luke. Now Luke, I know I give you a hard time, and for the moment I'll refrain from any 'sissy' comments about your little crying episode.

Why? Well because I keep warning Han about bad things I see in his future, and believe me you've got one big whammy coming up that'll make you look at the Princess in a new light.

But if you cry again I'm gonna make fun of you. ;)

9. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    LOL Herman!

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Long posts are good. Great addition, KnightMara

Herman, leave Luke alone; he's ill.

11. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ooh, that's excellent, KnightMara! The two of them are both having major problems. (hehe, I was looking forward to this scene!) and it's nice to see them helping each other out. Han's getting more attached to the Rebels, whether he likes it or not!

As for Luke, now we don't only find out that he's been dealing with mental torture as well as physical torture; now he'll have emotional torture from the little crying episode... *giggle* He's just having lots of problems here. KN, you're awesome at torturing him!

I still can't wait for more! I really like the way you use the characters, especially Han and Luke. =D

12. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    im caught up!

wonderful knightmara, really great! always count on Luke to fix everything.

13. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    That was so sweet!!! Luke just made my heart melt!!

And here I was, thinking that he was getting worse and he was crying! What a sweetheart!! Sugerbear!!

Could I have some more? Please?

14. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Great job depicting the struggle that Luke & Han are both facing to come to grips with who they are and what they are becoming.

Oh and don't mind Herman, Luke, though it does work better if you cry for the girls. Guys just don't understand. ;)

15. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Oops, got left behind on this one. I'll be catching up soon and actually make some kind of half-coherant comment about it! Glad it's still going, I was enjoying it. :)

16. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Excellent!!! Ooooh, I can't wait for the next installment.

17. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Holy crud, this is some good stuff! KnightMara, just wanted to let you know that you came highly recommended, and I'm really enjoying your fic. Can't wait for more to come.

18. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Dark_Luke_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2000
    I completely forgot about this story - blasphemy, I know! But it was sooo nice 'rediscovering' this thread and having so many wonderful posts to read through!

I LOVE the Luke/Han scenes - so touching, so real! And you've even made me sympathetic to Leia, who's not generally my favorite character.

Sigh... Yet *another* KnightMara story to get hooked on! Has anyone ever told you that you *really* need a webpage of all your fic, KM? Keep up the great work!

~D_L_J

19. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    That was a first-class post, like the ones before. Thanks. I'm hangin' for more!

20. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    I know most of my responses to fic I like is to go on about good characterisation, and therefore at the risk of sounding monotonous-

I am SERIOUSLY impressed by the way you are keeping the Big Three true to the films, KnightMara. The way you are letting them show flickers of their inner strengths, and the interplay of relationships. I never have thought Luke was a whinger- just a backwater kid having to adjust very quickly to a whole new set of experiences and to grow up very quickly, and that's the imression that I am getting from the way you're writing him.

Excellent stuff, please keep writing!

21. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys! Here's the latest (I really should be finishing up my midterms, but oh well. It just had to be written):

Trying desperately to silence the nagging voice in the back of his brain, Han proceeded to the command center as quickly as he could. The faster he moved, the earlier he would arrive and the less time he would have to change his mind. He knew he was crazy. Had to be. This idea of his was absolutely the most insane thing he?d ever thought to do, and he?d done some crazy things in his life. Strangely, though, the idea felt right. It had come to him just as he left Luke?s room in the medcenter, and he hadn?t given himself a chance to really talk himself out of it. He knew he just had to do it. If only the little voice in his head would shut up and quit telling him that he was as mad as he felt.

He rounded a corner and entered the command center. He froze. He really was insane. He didn?t even know how to word this crazy idea of his. The Princess and the General would never buy it.

Then he saw her. She was standing at one of the consoles and had looked up as soon as he had walked into the room. Her long brown hair had been neatly braided into two twists that wrapped themselves around each other at the base of her head and then trailed down her back. Her arm was still in a sling, but most of the bruises had faded, and the cut on her face was beginning to heal nicely. It probably wouldn?t even leave a scar.

He mentally kicked himself. Now was not the time to be analyzing Her Worshipfulness. He had a job to do. But at least she was watching.

He scanned the room for General Rieekan. It didn?t take long to spot the middle-aged man giving orders to a young Rebel who abruptly left as Solo approached. Rieekan?s blue eyes quickly took in Han?s apparent desire to speak with him.

"Yes, Captain Solo?"

Han cleared his throat. He?d managed to annoy the General just a few days ago, and he hoped the man was patient and understanding enough to listen to what he had to say. "Sir," Han began, "I?d like to speak with you about a plan for the evacuation of the base."

Rieekan smiled a moment. "That?s the trouble with running a Rebel military. Things are never kept secret. So you know about the evacuation?"

Han nodded, surprised at the General?s pleasant demeanor.

"Well, then, let?s hear your plan, Captain."

Han took a deep breath. "It?s actually very simple, really," he said, trying to put the same self-confident tone into his voice that he used when speaking with Jabba and his thugs. "If there are Imps in the area, and our shields aren?t fully functional, then we?re sitting ducks while we prepare to evacuate, and we?re a huge moving target once we do. Remember what happened when we evacuated Yavin?"

That had been a battle in and of itself. Several fighters were lost in the escape and a cruiser full of supplies was destroyed. They?d had to make several hyperspace jumps in succession to get the Imperial Fleet off of their tails, and they?d had to send a few squadrons on decoy jumps to try to confuse them. All in all, it had been quite a mess.

"So then what do you suggest?" Rieekan asked, eyebrows arched.

"We distract the Imps now," Han replied. "I?ll lead a squad out to stage a few skirmishes, attract their attention and lead them away from the system. Then we?ll send out phony reconn ships to scout out to remote planets we have no interest in, but which are near areas of known Imperial activity. Once the Imps are thoroughly confused, we rendezvous at a set location and proceed from there to the new base . . . which is supposed to be, as I believe, on Karra." Han had picked this little bit of information up from Wedge, who knew some of the pilots who had recently hauled supplies out to that planet a week ago.

Rieekan studied him carefully a moment before he said, "You seem to be very well informed, Captain. And your plan is not a bad one. In fact, we?ve been tossing about several ideas very similar t

22. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Oh, Leia's ears must be stinging! But she did succeed in manipulating Han into staying a little while a longer. :)

23. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    *Nice* post. :) You do a really good job with Han's character! Can't wait for more. :)

24. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    I wonder if Leia is PMSing? She's really crabby!

Loved it!!!!

25. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Oooooh, I just discovered this thread... what a fun story! And so well-written. CLASSIC dialogue, great characterizations. Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.