main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Change of Plans: OT Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KnightMara, Oct 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Dark_Luke_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2000
    Another great post, KM! LadyCallie's right - Leia has herself in quite a snit! I'm glad Han wasn't in the mood to take any crap from her! :)

~D_L_J

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Boy that Leia sure knows where to stick the knife when she's talking to Han.

Lucky for Han that in his anger he didn't slip up and say "... your *cute* royal behind" :D

But Han, you really screwed up. Nothing impresses the ladies more than guys who go off on suicide missions. Granted you have to come back to reap the rewards, but you should have jumped at the chance.

After all, it's not like you're going to die or anything. You've got a contract with LucasFilm for a couple more flicks. You're as good as gold baby.

3. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    LOL Herman!!! hehehehee!=)

4. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    aww poor Han. he comes up with a wonderfully impressive idea and it's shot down before its off the ground

very very nice speech Han gave Her Worship, i like it! now its Leia's turn to be moping around and go to luke :)

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll just say that you continue to be amazing. Good stuff as usual.

6. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Midterms are here and the end of the grading period is upon me, so my hours should be spent grading and averaging. Of course, that would be the sensible thing to do. But, being the procrastinator that I am, I'm writing more posts to keep from doing all the icky work that I have to do.

So enjoy the fruits of my procrastination:

While the final plans for the evacuation of Krall were underway, Han was avoiding all contact with the Princess. Chewie had been quick to point out the irony of the situation, much to Han?s chagrin. After all, Han had sworn up and down that he was ditching the Rebellion at the first possible chance; but now that he had an easy out, he was staying on to help them in a risky operation. Even Luke had laughed at the turn of events.

"So what excuse are you going to give now?" he asked with a grin when Han stopped by the medcenter to chat.

Glumly slumped in a chair, Han muttered, "Temporary insanity." He must be insane to have volunteered for this plan. Heck, he?d even agreed to fly in one of those blasted X-wings, much to everyone?s amusement. As a result, he?d spent the past two hours flying sims in order to get used to the ship?s handling. Tired, cranky, and seething with frustration, he?d initially gone to the Falcon to talk to Chewie. The Wookie had only managed to make him feel worse by rubbing in the fact that while Han was out there in a dinky X-wing, he?d be in the Falcon helping to ferry out supplies and people. Apparently, his co-pilot could carry a grudge for quite a while and was making Han pay dearly for the past few days. So now he was left with only Luke to talk to; and judging from the amused look on the kid?s face, he wasn?t going to be any more supportive than anyone else was.

"Temporary?" Luke teased.

Han gave him a tired glare. "You want a relapse, kid?" he threatened.

Luke bit his lip to suppress a chuckle and shook his head. Han had noted upon entering the room that the kid had finally started to improve in the past twenty-four hours. Although still pale, he was sitting up in bed, and the life had returned to his eyes. Unfortunately for Han, his voice had also returned.

"I just want to know what possessed you to take part in this whole plan," Luke said, trying to sound as serious as possible. Han still heard the unmistakable sound of mirth in his voice, however.

"You don?t let up, do ya?, kid?" Han groaned.

Luke cocked his head to the side, tauntingly. "Come on," he crowed. "You?ve always said you were only in this for the money. How does this qualify?"

Han narrowed his eyes and leaned in. "By keepin? you guys alive, I can continue to collect," he said. He winked and added, "Get the picture?"

Luke shook his head. "You can?t fool me, Solo. You?re just a softie, and I know it."

"I don?t know what you?re talkin? about, kid," Han countered, although not as sharply as he would have expected to. Apparently, he was getting used to the accusation. Hadn?t he even accused himself of being too soft?

"So when does this whole plan go into effect?" Luke asked eagerly.

"Tomorrow," Han replied.

"Tomorrow?" Luke asked in disbelief. Han thought he sensed disappointment there as well.

"Yeah, kid," he answered. "Tomorrow. That?s why I?ve been flying sims all afternoon. Those X-wings are absolutely awful."

Luke scowled. "I like them. And I?m good in ?em. So quit complaining. Especially since you?re the one who gets to fly in this crazy set-up while I sit here recuperating."

"Consider yourself lucky," Han countered. He knew the thrill of a fight better than anyone did, but this plan was so half-baked he couldn?t understand Luke?s disappointment.

"Well, I?ll tell you this much," the kid was saying. "There is no way I?m being flown out of here on a medical frigate!"

"Kid, I don?t think you have much of a choice."

"Who knows," he shot back. "I?m recovering a lot faster than they expected. I may be a lot better by tomorrow."

Han laughed to dismiss Luke?s idea, even as

7. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    "Luke Skywalker: shrink, love advice, and self help guide all in one!"

2-1B had better knock Luke out if he's going to get him off world in one piece.:)

Thank you for another wonderfull post!!! Good luck grading!

8. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Sep 24, 2000
    Uh oh, looks like another confrontation with Her Worshipfulness... :) I can't wait! Also, it sounds like Luke's pulling some nifty Jedi healing stuff on the med staff..?

~D_L_J

9. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Ooh ooh!

Can't wait for the next part!!!!

10. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Bring it on!!! :)

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You can procrastinate all you want. I won't complain!
    Han in an Xwing, that I've got to see.
    Another confrontation, in the med center yet. So is Luke the referee?
    You write Han as well as you do Luke.
    You have been busy! And we get to reap the benefits. Thank you.

12. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Whoo-hoo! Looking forward to The Confrontation.

13. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Wow, I love this story. This is really your first Han fic? You write him really well.

I can't wait for the next part!

14. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Luke back to hi old self- the REAL 'old self', none of this EW-Luke, too! And poor Han confusing himself over going soft... and if you keep this splended writing up, Knight Mara, I get the feeling we'll be seeing some pretty classic Leia any moment now! I think I've stumbled into heaven! :)

15. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yay! Leia and Han get to duke it out soon!(or avoid each other) great job, can't wait for more!

i don't think this is knightmara's first Han fic...nahhh, she's been here since i've ever know this place ;)

16. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Hate to break it to ya', Vergere, but this is my first Han fic. All of my others have been centered around Luke, although Han has, of course, made numerous appearances. This, however, is the first that focuses on his thoughts and feelings. As such, this is probably one of the most difficult fan-fics I've written.

I'm glad you all are enjoying it! The next post is in production, but it's turning out to be rather difficult. The Han/Leia scenes usually are. Oh well, it will be posted eventually.

17. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Take your time. We can wait.:)

18. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    is it really? wow, i figured there had to be a Han fic in there that i had missed :)

19. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Since Luke's playing therapist, I've decided to do so as well.

Luke, didn't your Aunt Beru raise you to be nice? Don't give me any crap, I know that deep down you're glad that Han and Leia aren't getting along.

No no no, don't try to lie to me. I saw that jealous look on your face when you were fleeing the Death Star and Han asked you if you thought he had a chance with the Princess.

Now you're sneakily using the Force so you can get better and play hero and help out on that suicide mission. It's a small, small man who steals a friend's chance at the limelight. It's easy to play at heroics when you know the Flanneled One is going to keep you alive.

Shame on you Luke Skywalker. You're nothing better than a scoundrel.

Wait a minute, Leia likes scoundrels. Now I see the angle you're playing you little sicko. Your deviousness amazes me.

20. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    LOL Herman! I like your new sig too! :)

Great work KnightMara! Take all the time you need to post. The additions are well worth the wait!

21. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    herman you're as entertaining as this fic! :D

22. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I just hope my antics aren't distracting anyone from the wonderfulness that is KnightMara's story.

23. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    hehehehehehee!!!

24. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Sep 24, 2000
    Woah! Page FIVE?? This story?! I don't *think* so!! :)

Upitty doo dah!

25. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Well, guys, it is said that all good things must come to an end (but if that were true, then this story would never end. . .hehehe). Well, this story is nearing it's inevitable conclusion. This is not the last post, but the end is very near. Just wanted to warn you.

Here is the almost last post:

Han had the momentary pleasure of seeing the Princess of Alderaan speechless. It was a priceless sight that he wouldn?t have missed for the galaxy. Of course, he knew it was just a fleeting experience, and he quickly brushed past her before the onslaught came.

He hesitated a moment too long. He was almost to the medcenter exit when she called, "Han!"

Han paused, as though jerked backward by an invisible tether. Wait, a second! Had she just called him by his name? He could count the number of times she had done that on one hand, and usually it was just a slip or an exasperated plea. Which of these did this qualify as?

He stopped but did not turn around. "Yes, Your Highnessness."

There was a long moment of silence during which neither of them spoke. Han waited, staring at the exit, wishing he could just walk through those doors and out of this topsy-turvy world he?d found himself in. Behind him were the Princess and the kid. Before him were Chewie and the Falcon. And, he had to admit to himself, a bunch of crazy kids who wanted him to fly with them. He glanced down, shaking his head at his own mental chaos. He hadn?t felt this much weight on his shoulders in a very long time. He?d forgotten how it felt.

It was getting to be too much. "Well," he began, breaking the silence, "I?ll let you get on with seeing Luke." He stepped toward the door.

"I didn?t come here to see Luke!" she cried, bringing him to a jarring halt mid-step. "I came here to see you."

Han craned his neck around and stared at her in disbelief. Did she really expect him to buy that one?

She sighed, "They told me you were here. Well, actually, Chewie told me."

"Since when do you speak Wookie?" Han snapped, turning his full body to face her.

"Okay, fine," she admitted, obviously reaching the limits of her own patience as well. "He gestured and growled and got frustrated trying to explain, and eventually I figured it out."

Han continued to stare at her. He wouldn?t give her the satisfaction of a nod of understanding, or a reply of words. No, she had brushed him and his efforts off as easily as so much dust. Whatever she had to say, he was going to make it as difficult for her as possible. It was hard not to smile at the cracks that were forming in her perfect diplomatic façade.

"I came here to apologize," she finally said.

Well, this was better than he thought. Again, he wordlessly watched her, waiting for her to continue.

"I shouldn?t have acted the way I did," she continued, "and I?m sorry for misjudging you and your intentions." She stopped and waited for his reply.

He was torn between wanting to acknowledge her apology and wanting to see her squirm a little longer. As he stared at her, it was clear that she was feeling some definite guilt over what she had done. That fact pleased him at the same time it made him want to forgive her for her actions. After all, she had a right to feel guilty. She had been out of line in there, and he had wound up making a fool of himself because she had pushed his very last buttons. But now what?

The prolonged silence after her apology was enough for the Princess. "Don?t you have anything to say?" she cried.

Han took a step toward her. "What do you want me to say? That I accept your apology, that all is right with the universe?" He shook his head. "No, because it isn?t. You don?t get it, do you? Because you don?t get me. You can?t place me under a neatly crafted label because I don?t fit into any of your categories. You said yourself that there was more to me than money, and you were right. But you just can?t figure out what that means. I?ve got to drop everything and join this little rebellion of yours, take an of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.